Page 96 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4686919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
  1. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    Anyway I expect, that ACL should see a valid network interface at this point and for me, that does include beside speed or link status also the MAC address.
    I installed 2 network-tools from Android, the "GTech Net Tools" are showing me "Type: wifi" and my internal "IP Adresse: 192.168.1.123", but no further network-settings like subnet, gateway or dns, no "MAC Address" and no "SSID".

The "Fing Network Tools" are working too, they can scan my network including additional infos, but for "My Phone" they do not show any MAC-address too.

So it seems, that OM has to add this, on a Android tablet, I get all of these informations, so I would expect to get them here too!
    Ok, so, what's the news?

I was able to download ACL at start, before they pulled it again. I got my code via mail. I haven't got the Activate ACL App, but could use ACL anyway until a few days ago.
    Now nothing will start anymore.

Having paid for this software, I would rather be able to use it. The alternative is nasty.

Any hints if or when OM/PIC are getting their thumbs out of their collective a**es and deliver what they have promised and been paid for? When is this ridiculous farce becoming serious business? Does it need legal pressure or is there any common sense left in those rotten companies?
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Try rebooting. I have the same problem but that clears it up.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    Kickstarter backers have no recourse... it's a pay your money and take a chance that the project will bear fruit sort of proposition.

Preorders are another matter. Many of those folks have asked for a refund and been met with silence. At least, according to this thread, and I'd bet this is just the tip of the iceburg.

In the world of payments this comes down to a dispute. If you used your credit card or debit card as ultimate payment method your bank will ask two things of you. 1) Contact the merchant and give them a good faith opportunity to make this correct - if they do not answer, or will not accommodate you, then 2) the charge must have gone from pending to posted (to show the merchant is keeping your money without delivering the contracted for good/service).

If you (pre)ordered ACL and you meet these two requirements, then call your bank and dispute the charge(s). It's the most effective way to apply pressure.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  5. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    I got my code via mail. I haven't got the Activate ACL App, but could use ACL anyway until a few days ago.
    Now nothing will start anymore.
    same for me, ACL works some days without activation, but then you have to do it.

There is no extra "Activation app" anymore, you have to open the "ACL"-app and there is a link where you can activate and enter your code. Sometimes the app does not goes further than the ACL-logo, here either you have to wait for some time or restart the app again.

Don't know what is causing this ...
    Rnp likes this.
    That quesy feeling you get when you go to the Phoenix store and see that, "This product is no longer in stock" and they have a "Notify me when available" e-mail entry area.

I wonder when (or if) I will get the three licenses I pre-ordered.

*sigh*

-Koa-
    RumoredNow, cuspie and Rnp like this.
    Shambles
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    ... you have to open the "ACL"-app and there is a link where you can activate and enter your code. Sometimes the app does not goes further than the ACL-logo, here either you have to wait for some time or restart the app again.

Don't know what is causing this ...
    Tried it about 10 times, until at last the app srated properly. Entered code and tapped activate license button. Nothing happened. Restarted app, now the license is activated at long last.
    Man those are some hooks and nooks to overcome, but well, now I am up and running at last.

Thanks alot thg! You made my day!
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaFeliciano View Post
    That quesy feeling you get when you go to the Phoenix store and see that, "This product is no longer in stock" and they have a "Notify me when available" e-mail entry area.

I wonder when (or if) I will get the three licenses I pre-ordered.

*sigh*

-Koa-
    Yep, this is one illness that there is no cure for. I think it's time to put it down.
    I gave the 1.0.1 version a go over christmas in trial mode. Here are my thoughts:

- It shouldn't install Android calendar, contacts, gallery etc. We have all those and they are working just fine.
    - 'Cross Me' (the best Nonogram client and the main reason why I have Android installed on my touchpad atm) works quite well, though not as snappy as when I run it in Android on the touchpad
    - Tried both Firefox and Opera browsers. While it would be nice to have an up-to-date browser in webOS, scrolling is a joke. It would speed up like crazy and would only stop at the top or end of the page.
    - ComicShelfHD keeps crashing on me after a few minutes ever since I installed ACL
    - Battery life is quite noticably worse than without ACL installed, just sitting there doing nothing.

I uninstalled ACL again after two days. I will follow the development, but in it's current state ACL is not for me. I agree with someone else in this thread suggesting it should have an on and off switch, or at the very least there should be a way to boot webOS without ACL running.
    Last edited by DocJones; 12/29/2013 at 05:57 PM.
    sorry to hear everybody's having all sorts of issues with it.... It's been working great for me, thanks to some help on how to sideload apps. I wish I had a functioning camera in the android apps but hopefully development will bring that
  12. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    I uninstalled ACL again after two days. I will follow the development, but in it's current state ACL is not for me. I agree with someone else in this thread suggesting it should have an on and off switch, or at the very least there should be a way to boot webOS without ACL running.
    unfortunately I have to back that.

I installed it on my TP-64, I installed several apps for testing, most of them work good enough for time to time use, so that's quite fine.

But apps like Firefox, I would like to use for everyday, are just not that responsive that it makes any fun, it is even not "good enough" for that. As "backup", when the webOS-browser does not want to open a website correctly it is fine, but nothing more.

All this wouldn't be any problem, if ACL just would be there and would start if needed.

Unfortunately it interferes the normal use of the TP quite deeply, it's not a problem, that booting lasts longer, but after installing ACL I have problems with the browser not starting correct from time to time, in the Terminal-app the unzip didn't worked anymore and a "su" was not possible and some other things.

After rebooting everything works fine for some time, but then the TP do "funny" (or not so funny) things again.

So finally I disabled the autostart of ACL, if I need it, I can start it manually, if I don't need it anymore I have to reboot the TP to get rid of it, but now my TP behaves as it was all the time before.
    Not perfect, but good enough to be absolutely happy with what it does.

So dear OM/PIC, I asked this several times now, I do it again:
    Please include the possibility to enable/disable or load/unload ACL manually on the TP!

Thanks,
    How did you disable ACL ?
    Quote Originally Posted by steffensammet View Post
    How did you disable ACL ?
    See my previous post:

PIC Kick Starts the TouchPad with Open Mobile ACL
    Rnp and normsland like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by usafandersons View Post
    sorry to hear everybody's having all sorts of issues with it.... It's been working great for me, thanks to some help on how to sideload apps. I wish I had a functioning camera in the android apps but hopefully development will bring that
    Yea, rub it in our faces, bad enough we all fell for this dog and pony show, a new year and still nothing but egg on our selves to show for it. I wonder how much booze all of our money got for them for tonight. Happy new year to all of the suckers out there like me.
    couldnt be bothered sideloading apps the harder way so now i just have the Cyanogenmod partitions mounted in webOS and install the apk's direct from the android data partition.

potentially a pain rebooting to get apps off the store but it works well enough that im not bothered.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I supported this, even though I feel that there's so very few good Android tablet apps, that there's not much good for it. I have an Android phone these days, which pretty much covers the vast majority of all my app needs, I haven't actually taken my iPad or TouchPad off their chargers in the last two weeks.

State of Android tablet apps: The very few apps that are built to handle tablets usually do it **** poorly, and often only on 4.0+. Everything else is designed for phones. Pretty sucky. Even where devs have great iPad apps, their Android tablet versions are usually completely different, messes of UI, and missing functionality compared to their iOS versions. The phone versions of apps are often more complete, and more coherent, but still suck on a tablet.

All that said, I can't believe that the dispute on the GPL hasn't been solved yet. What gives?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I supported this, even though I feel that there's so very few good Android tablet apps, that there's not much good for it. I have an Android phone these days, which pretty much covers the vast majority of all my app needs, I haven't actually taken my iPad or TouchPad off their chargers in the last two weeks.

State of Android tablet apps: The very few apps that are built to handle tablets usually do it **** poorly, and often only on 4.0+. Everything else is designed for phones. Pretty sucky. Even where devs have great iPad apps, their Android tablet versions are usually completely different, messes of UI, and missing functionality compared to their iOS versions. The phone versions of apps are often more complete, and more coherent, but still suck on a tablet.

All that said, I can't believe that the dispute on the GPL hasn't been solved yet. What gives?
    I spoke about this in detail a while back and the Android users came unglued. Since then Android tablet apps have gotten better. All the apps that I use now have tablet versions. I see a lot of Enyo influence in most of the tablet apps I use on Android, which is a good thing. The only issue I have is with Android browsers still defaulting to mobile websites or not having options to make desktop mode permanent without rooting.

That being said, i supported this kickstarter from the start only to be let down by the constant delays and OM's insistence on forcing everyone to use their app store. If they would just provide the software in a timely manner with full Google services support (to include the Play Store), they would have a decent revenue stream from upgrades/support.

Anyway, I've just written off the $35 that I gave this project. I installed CM10.2 on my Touchpad. I don't like the extra steps I have to take to switch apps but at least Android apps are not repulsive on a tablet anymore and it is a lot less stressful than dealing with ACL.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk
    RumoredNow likes this.
    I am moved by the community's willingness to give Phoenix and ACL a chance despite no history of successful track record. The new year brings a fresh wind stirring for webos and lots of nice comments from tech journalists hoping fora comeback. Perhaps we will get something better than a 2 year old android platform. Would be great also if webos ports can release a beta to take advantage if publicity.
    k4ever, at least all the apps i have for android tablet still really suck compared to their (android) phone or iPad versions. :-S my android is still an old beta of cm10, though, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I'll use ACL for a few things, I'm sure. but, for the most part, I think I'm over tablets.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: