Page 92 of 105 FirstFirst ... 42828788899091929394959697102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    Also wanted to chime in with a bit of a positive post:
    I was able to download / install the ACL release around 3AM (EST) yesterday but didn't really get to play with it until I got home from work yesterday. I figured out how to sideload apps pretty easily by using the Android 'Browser' app that installs with ACL to download an APK of ES File Manager. (any file management app should work though) After the APK downloads and you select the downloaded file you'll get prompted to install it. Once you're within the file management app any apk files you open from it will offer to install. I think the key here is you're opening them from within an Android environment at that time and so it will use Android file handler(s) to install the apps. You will likely need to go to the Settings app first though and check the box that says 'Allow install from unknown sources'.

I'm overjoyed to have Android apps running in separate cards in webOS! This is exactly what I've been waiting for. Hopefully all this unpleasant business will clear up and things will be able to continue to improve this product. It really adds a whole new dimension to webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    I am continuing to communicate with PIC, though to be fair OM has offered to discuss the matter directly with me. I've been a bit reluctant to talk directly with OM as I don't want to get in the middle of any contractual issues between PIC and OM being as I have no standing with either company.

I have provided material, including documentation and Beta (Version 0.6.0-5) GPL source code, that discusses the specific major Beta release Installer components that are under dispute and am hoping to hear something shortly as to how this will be resolved.

I remain hopeful.
    I also remain hopeful, but I'll just repost this:
    http://www.softwarefreedom.org/services/#enforcement
    There's no harm in asking for advice prior to any discussions of this issue.

I assume the ACL is not available in the app catalogue and will therefore need to be sideloaded. That requires tools supplied by various members of this community and instructions and support on and around this forum.

In other words, the majority of customers are already here and watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    I am continuing to communicate with PIC, though to be fair OM has offered to discuss the matter directly with me. I've been a bit reluctant to talk directly with OM as I don't want to get in the middle of any contractual issues between PIC and OM being as I have no standing with either company.

I have provided material, including documentation and Beta (Version 0.6.0-5) GPL source code, that discusses the specific major Beta release Installer components that are under dispute and am hoping to hear something shortly as to how this will be resolved.

I remain hopeful.
    Is this why I got the 'cease download' email from PIC yesterday?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/20/2013 at 11:55 AM.
    1969tc likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by namgod View Post
    Does it still break Kalemsoft Media player and Picsel Smart Office? That was the deal breaker for me and why I currently don't have the earlier version installed.
    Can not speak for all PDK apps, but Picsel Smart Office 1.8.5 and Kalemsoft Media Player 0.3.5 (This is a paid app that was pulled, sorry do not have an updated version) works fine with V1.0.1, the USB mode is fine now, they added scripts to the storage.d event.d to umount the sdcard before the USB mode, and remount when USB mode is done.︀
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/20/2013 at 10:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jievie View Post
    hmm, Weird. Pre-ordered yesterday because i found out it was finally released.

I got a download link in the confirmation link, which at the time still worked.

I got ACL installed ( not completely impressed at the moment though ) and I am able to use it now.

However I did not receive an acitvation key, so I used the "Try ACL" button.

Amazon app store and the OM appmall both work, but at the moment can't compete with the normal Google Play store.
    I pre ordered two days ago and all I got was a email confirming my order. I never got a download link or any instructions as to where to download. Any one else get a download link who ordered in the past few days? I sent them an email but have not received a response yet.
    Last edited by jrv331; 12/20/2013 at 09:57 AM.
    I too am hoping that this gets resolved soon...I didn't have time to download this yesterday. I have been looking forward to this since PIC announced it in May...
    TouchPad 4G, TouchPad 32GB w/4.4.4
    So...I check emails, prior to leaving for work yesterday, and I have my email from PIC with my activation code. "Finally", I think to myself and look forward to coming home after work and installing ACL on my Touchpad. Then...I get home and see the second email with the latest news. I immediately click the link in the first email, but it's already down. What a bunch of <edited>. Sure wish I had downloaded earlier or knew how to get the file.

<<Moderator Note: please do not post around our language filters>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/20/2013 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrv331 View Post
    I pre ordered two days ago and all I got was a email confirming my order. I never got a download link or any instructions as to where to download. Any one else get a download link who ordered in the past few days? I sent them an email but have not received a response yet.
    Same here.. PIC just sent me my License activation code this morning, but did not send the software nor provide a link in which to download it. The key won't do much for me without a link to the software

They sent it to me because I should have gotten it yesterday and did not. In all fairness I should have access to the link as well as that should have been made available to us that ordered before yesterdays pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyD View Post
    So...I check emails, prior to leaving for work yesterday, and I have my email from PIC with my activation code. "Finally", I think to myself and look forward to coming home after work and installing ACL on my Touchpad. Then...I get home and see the second email with the latest news. I immediately click the link in the first email, but it's already down. What a bunch of <edited>. Sure wish I had downloaded earlier or knew how to get the file.
    I agree. It's nice to have a License Activation code, but it's useless without being able to download ACL for WebOS.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/20/2013 at 11:53 AM.
    cbosdell likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tochiroge999 View Post
    Also wanted to chime in with a bit of a positive post:
    I was able to download / install the ACL release around 3AM (EST) yesterday but didn't really get to play with it until I got home from work yesterday. I figured out how to sideload apps pretty easily by using the Android 'Browser' app that installs with ACL to download an APK of ES File Manager. (any file management app should work though) After the APK downloads and you select the downloaded file you'll get prompted to install it. Once you're within the file management app any apk files you open from it will offer to install. I think the key here is you're opening them from within an Android environment at that time and so it will use Android file handler(s) to install the apps. You will likely need to go to the Settings app first though and check the box that says 'Allow install from unknown sources'.

I'm overjoyed to have Android apps running in separate cards in webOS! This is exactly what I've been waiting for. Hopefully all this unpleasant business will clear up and things will be able to continue to improve this product. It really adds a whole new dimension to webOS.
    How did you do this through the browser? Where are you getting apps from?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnawesley View Post
    I agree. It's nice to have a License Activation code, but it's useless without being able to download ACL for WebOS.
    I'm in the same boat. Have the activation code but no ACL.
    I have to admit; I don't fully understand what the hell is going on.
    First, I paid for this on PIC's site back in September believing there would be an imminent release.
    Then I was informed more work was required to make it stable or something but it would be available soon.
    Second, I receive an email from PIC after twelve weeks of waiting but can't download anything except the documentation. Then a another email arrives saying they had to remove the link for download, as requested by OpenMobile. They are fixing it and it will be available soon!!!
    Un-freaking-believable. Suppose I need to be a bit more patient? Maybe it'll be ready in another twelve weeks, or not.
    johnawesley likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Easy TTB. Don't tick Dave off...
    Wouldn't want to do that, he might refund me my money and not let me purchase the ACL!

LOL so much I almost pooped.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Alan Morford and cbosdell like this.
    Exactly. I got the first email while on vacation without computer access then while on my flight back the second email came and by the time I had landed the file had been pulled. Between that and them removing the Go compatibility in the installer it's incredibly frustrating and makes no sense.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Exactly. I got the first email while on vacation without computer access then while on my flight back the second email came and by the time I had landed the file had been pulled. Between that and them removing the Go compatibility in the installer it's incredibly frustrating and makes no sense.

They sent my Activation code to me TODAY!! This Morning!! But NO link to download the software in the Email.

If you're not going to make the link or download available for us with activation codes, then why send anything at all to me today, PIC???

I thank you for doing so, but the Activation code without software is like a cart without a horse.

It's not our fault that some of us weren't near a computer to download the Software yesterday before you decided to pull the software. In my case I wasn't emailed anything at all yesterday and I was by my computer all day. I believe that that's why they sent me the activation code today.

I have Emailed PIC , OM and John Lafauce, with no answer back. They know an activation serial number is useless without the software.

I sure hope this drama ends and we can all get ACL for WebOS, instead of a lucky few that were able to download the software yesterday, that I was NOT sent in the first place.

It does make sense, but you have to follow backwards a little while. Basically, it seems to me that they either need to include GPL notice and attribute cuspie properly, or replace the installer.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Same here.. PIC just sent me my License activation code this morning, but did not send the software nor provide a link in which to download it. The key won't do much for me without a link to the software

They sent it to me because I should have gotten it yesterday and did not. In all fairness I should have access to the link as well as that should have been made available to us that ordered before yesterdays pull.
    If you look back for the post from PIC and cuspie, you should understand why they can't give you the download link. Before the issue about using un-authorized code in ACL has been solved, they shouldn't provide the ACL ipk file. If they keep distribute the software with problems (also it looks like this doesn't stop them selling it), it may end up with a lawsuit for years.
    Honestly, if these things keep happen, I would just save money to get a new galaxy tab or something else next year...
    johnawesley likes this.
    Is this cuspie's fault that the download got pulled so quickly ? Couldn't he have waited a couple of days so we could have at least gotten a chance to download the files ?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I didnt even get the license/activation code email. All I got was a purchase confirmation email. I checked my spam folders and its not there.
    Quote Originally Posted by roydk View Post
    Is this cuspie's fault that the download got pulled so quickly ? Couldn't he have waited a couple of days so we could have at least gotten a chance to download the files ?
    cuspie's fault???

That's a lot of nerve. Have you read the post cuspie made? Do you realize he made a $7,500.00 contribution to the kickstarter?

$7,500.00

They (PIC/OMWW) asked him in. He volunteered hours on end writing an installer.

Hours of his time writing the installer.

OMWW broke the agreement made on the Licensing of the installer code.

cuspie's fault???

No.

That question, Sir, is one of the worst things I've read in a long time.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I wouldn't be to bothered about ACL not being available for download , it is still pretty bad to be fair , im not sure what is different in this version compared to the earlier kickstart one.
    ACL still needs a ton of work to be useable and looks like it has lost its chance now.