Page 91 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41 818687888990919293949596 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I saw the nightmare of the past 24 hours with OMWW coming like a freight train with no brakes. Interesting to note that after I posted my interpretations of the changelog and how OMWW removed the installer, that the change log disappeared from every release thereafter.

Seems like OMWW is up to no good, and it may be beyond the good folks at PIC's ability to do much about it.

Shame on you OMWW.
    i was pretty gutted when i read cuspie's posts felt like being told someone you know just died, didnt think anything like this would crop up at this late stage tbh, hope that gets worked out.

i was equally as gutted when i saw the "what doesnt work" section, which is a rather large list of pretty important or useful things.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    If OM maliciously did this, and I'm only saying If because I haven't got the time to bust into it and have a look myself, IF they maliciously did this, they deserve every thing bad that comes to them from it, and there most likely will be a lot of it.

geekpeter,

The fact that some things DO work and work about as well as a native Android 2 does, is really the amazing part.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    geekpeter,

The fact that some things DO work and work about as well as a native Android 2 does, is really the amazing part.
    i suppose thats why weve got some damned clever people still left here who can improve matters, like adding google play etc.

but yeah using the preview tho i only really added a few things as i dont want to increase the chance of breaking anything, i already had 1 bootlooped device i got dumb lucky on and managed to fix/recover via novaterm entering some commands b4 the device rebooted, took a while but worked.

because of that i only tried netflix, warframe nexus, bbc news app and opera, was waiting for final release before attempting to install more while keeping my eyes glued to other peoples success/failures here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrv331 View Post
    Try filing a dispute with paypal if pic doesn't answer you, can't hurt.
    I'll give it a week or two and see where it goes and if no replies, software or nothing gets resolved, then I will seek a refund. I'm hoping that things get hammered out and we all get ACL for WebOS soon!!
    i'd like to see ACL allow us to run android apps on a webOS TP very, very much.

but i also am used to webOS things just going wrong.

there is a LOT of frustration here, which is all very understandable and reasonable. you don't have to explain anything to me or anyone else. it's clear.

but i just read a few things that i assembled which made me think:

- TTBarry just said something about changes being made in reaction to his comments a few days ago.
    - Comments made today have led to this release being pulled. now there's comments about them pulling it.
    - comments talk about "om" doing things as if its an individual entity. But it's a group of people.

I guess the point i'm getting at is it seems there's a lot of emotionally fueled reactionary behavior going on. but emo-reactions usually aren't as productive as actions from rational thought.

maybe we can all take a moment to think about what everyone needs to do to rectify the situation, and calmly implement those solutions.

and that could be whomever. obviously there's people from all agencies that i'm suggesting this to. let's find out what must be done, outline it, COMMUNICATE IT, and implement it. and let's not do more than that; as in overreacting and giving into negative feelings usually produced by our own frustration.

seriously, PIC and OM devs, this is what happens when you dont communicate effectively. fires are allowed to spread instead of being put out. we have no idea if this was an oversight, one person's bad band-aid gone horribly wrong, or just another indication of a completely chaotic organization.

either way, we here in the field need to chill and put our expectations back down where they've allowed them to drop for the past year. we should know better than to expect anything miraculous when it comes to webOS, whether it's PIC, OM, LG, HP, ABC, ETC.

we're still all in this together. so if we can continue slowly pushing forward together, i'd appreciate it.

but hey! this is not a call for a group hug. take it outside. back to bizness.

@PIC/OM, you have a chance to change the public's perception of you by handling this release day crisis more effectively than you have handled your PRPRPR $to$ $date$. $ID$ $the$ $issue$, $ID$ $the$ $solution$, $communicate$ $it$.

"...and i just wanted to say good luck; we're all counting on you."
    kolomona, Garfonso, Rnp and 2 others like this.
    as far as i can read into it, we and PIC are at the mercy of whatever OM decide to do either way, all we can do is what were good at.... waiting.
    cuspie likes this.
    So looks like APK Downloader [Latest] Download Directly | Chrome Extension v2 (Evozi Official) isn't a good option for downloading apps, anyone know of another way to get apps to sideload? I want Zinio, it's not in AppMall or Amazon's store.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    @TJs11thPre: Best post of the day. Agree that something looks very wrong here, but it behooves us as a community -- not cuspie or anyone else who is involved first-hand and has been working this for a while, but the rest of us -- to give it at least a day or three to get sorted.
    cuspie likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    as far as i can read into it, we and PIC are at the mercy of whatever OM decide to do either way, all we can do is what were good at.... waiting.
    Problem is that Paypal only gives a person 45 days to file a claim for the return of their funds. I will wait it out until the 44th day as I see ACL for WebOS being most awesome!

In talking with John from OM today on the phone, he made it seem like it was PIC's baby now and that they are the one's determining when to release ALC for WebOS.

Seems like what I am reading here in the forum however, is that it's OM holding up things, not PIC

In one of the Emails that I got from PIC today, this is what it states..

John,

we saw your message on webOSNation. we agree that you did email us, but at the time there wasn't much to respond with. The release date as you see has been complicated and any testing has been done internally.

We apologize if by not responding we may have neglected you, and will try not to do that in the future.

PIC team.

(GLAD TO KNOW THAT PIC AND OM BOTH LOOK AT THIS FORUM ON A DAILY BASIS! THANK YOU FOR DOING SO!)

and then this Email....

Public Relations Phoenix Internatio​nal Communicat​ions 7:46 PM
    To: John Wesley
    Public Relations Phoenix International Communications

You should have received an email last night w/ the license key. Also when you download the software it gives a free 7 day trial. Did you download it today prior to the release being stopped?

I responded back to them, that I received NO email of any kind either yesterday or today, but I have not heard back from that Email yet.

I'm just thankful to both OM and PIC for contacting me in some regard.

I know that they have to address the member who stated that he was wronged and address his issues before releasing ACL for WebOS, and I respect that! I hate waiting longer, but I respect them wanting to address this issue! It needs to be fair for everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    So looks like APK Downloader [Latest] Download Directly | Chrome Extension v2 (Evozi Official) isn't a good option for downloading apps, anyone know of another way to get apps to sideload? I want Zinio, it's not in AppMall or Amazon's store.
    is adb supported on the ACL package? im on a fresh ubuntu install atm and aint got adb setup yet, if it does could always adb pull from a real android device then adb install to the touchpad, if not, theres just the other options others have mentioned here previously.
    i posted the changelog for 1.0.0 before and it seems they have looked at our feedback here and updated the 1.0.1 in the known issues section and removed "Device rooting by users is now supported.*" (whatever that means) and "Apps can only be uninstalled via Android Settings/Applications/Manage Applications." :

ACL for webOS v1.0.1 Release Notes OpenMobile - ACL for webOS v1.0.1 Release Notes – OpenMobile
    OpenMobile
    Announcements
    ACL for webOS v1.0.1 Release Notes

John Lafauce December 19, 2013 13:57

ACL for webOS v1.0.1 Release Notes * * * * *
    December 18, 2013

Introduction*

This is the production release of ACL for WebOS for Phoenix International Communications. **

Product Release Specifications*

ACL for webOS is a software product developed by OMWW, which ports the Android runtime environment to the webOS operating system. These release notes cover production release version v1.0.1.*

webOS Revision Supported: *v3.0.5
    Supported Devices: *HP Touchpad Wi-Fi, 3G & 4G with minimum of 16 GB of memory
    Software Release Quality: *Production
    Software Release Date: 18-December-2013
    Release Format: IPK
    Installation Instructions: *ACL for webOS Installation Guide – OpenMobile
    Supported Install Tools: Preware
    AppMall Release: 2.0.7.765
    Android version: Gingerbread *
    New Features & Enhancements*

New Installer Package with additional information.
    License Enforcement was enhanced and new license keys will be provided for existing users who upgrade.
    Power Management ensures that device automatically powers off and on as appropriate in order to save battery life.
    Notifications are now displayed in the event of a failed app launch.*
    Defect Fixes*

A problem that caused USB mode to fail to work has been corrected.
    Problems with ACL upgrades and uninstallation have been fixed.
    Audio on webOS *side now plays properly when ACL is installed and running.
    Native webOS applications now run properly when ACL is installed and running.*
    Limitations*

This release of ACL for webOS has the following limitations and/or missing functionality:*

Hardware video decoding is not supported.
    Apps can only be uninstalled via Android Settings/Applications/Manage Applications.
    Camera is not supported.
    Center LED is not supported.
    Vibrator is not supported.
    Google services is not supported.
    Bluetooth is not supported.
    Google accounts are not supported.
    AdobeAir is not supported. *
    Known Issues

Tilt does not function correctly in some games.
    When first launching ACL, the ACL installation app hangs after launch, and must be closed and relaunched to activate the license key.
    When some Optware packages are added to Touchpad with ACL running, ACL apps may not operate properly.
    old version is here:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-touchpad/324645-pic-kick-starts-touchpad-open-mobile-acl-87.html
    Last edited by gizmo21; 12/19/2013 at 11:29 PM.
    Well, it sounds like they got all the big issues out of the way.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I think the whole situation has gotten so bad that PIC and OM need to pay for their incompetence to get the product released in time and in good quality. The release time is 4 months later than the original set date and is still going. The beta quality is not good and the installer would be buggy without Cuspie's code. I know webOS community is very supportive of webOS development but this is enough for them.

For people who ordered today, PIC should definitely issue them refunds. They expect delivery today after they paid and you could not fulfill it. For us who backed the Kickstarter, you should refund us half the money paid for the whole fiasco.

The situation was already frustrating and the scandal today just made me sad. We put our support in hope of bringing webOS new development back in May and this is what we get in return. OM treats our support, especially Cuspie's $7500 pledge and months of hard voluntary work, like sh*t pulling this crap and PIC failed in supervising it. They need to be responsible for their fail and OM needs to be punished as a shady irresponsible company.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    steinhage likes this.
    hmm, Weird. Pre-ordered yesterday because i found out it was finally released.

I got a download link in the confirmation link, which at the time still worked.

I got ACL installed ( not completely impressed at the moment though ) and I am able to use it now.

However I did not receive an acitvation key, so I used the "Try ACL" button.

Amazon app store and the OM appmall both work, but at the moment can't compete with the normal Google Play store.
    Installed it yesterday (shortly before the IPK was pulled, lucky me). I must say, it runs really nice. Got no problems yet. But I have not yet used it intensively.
    Anyway, happy for the moment

After all the frustration I thought it might be nice to post something a tad more positive.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Installed it yesterday (shortly before the IPK was pulled, lucky me). I must say, it runs really nice. Got no problems yet. But I have not yet used it intensively.

After all the frustration I thought it might be nice to post something a tad more positive.
    Positive for those of you lucky enough to get it and not positive for us that have waited and should have gotten it and didn't, as I paid on the 17th and it wasn't pulled yet. However they never mailed me my serial number and now have yanked ACL for WebOS off to be able to download. I thought I may have been sent the Email, but looked everywhere and it was NOT sent. They said however that they did send it to me!

Glad for you though At least some of us can uninstall Android if they wish and gain more space. That is the goal for me. No more dual booting and I will gain the space that Android takes up.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I knew there was a risk when I backed it and I didn't get to the download in time to use my activation code....but I got this nifty flashlight. It's probably time for a WebOS Internals donation holiday push.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    are you conversing with anyone at OM directly or is PIC having to mediate on your behalf?
    I am continuing to communicate with PIC, though to be fair OM has offered to discuss the matter directly with me. I've been a bit reluctant to talk directly with OM as I don't want to get in the middle of any contractual issues between PIC and OM being as I have no standing with either company.

I have provided material, including documentation and Beta (Version 0.6.0-5) GPL source code, that discusses the specific major Beta release Installer components that are under dispute and am hoping to hear something shortly as to how this will be resolved.

I remain hopeful.
    cujoq37 and TJs11thPre like this.
    I feel sorry for the people outside of this community that has paid for the project or download that don't know what the hell is going on.

I hope it gets worked out. This is sad.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post

Does it still break Kalemsoft Media player and Picsel Smart Office? That was the deal breaker for me and why I currently don't have the earlier version installed.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3