Page 87 of 105 FirstFirst ... 37 778283848586878889909192 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    ACL for webOS v1.0.0 Release Notes – OpenMobile - ACL for webOS v1.0.0 Release Notes €“ OpenMobile
    OpenMobile
    Announcements
    ACL for webOS v1.0.0 Release Notes

John Lafauce December 18, 2013 16:16
    ACL for webOS v1.0.0 Release Notes * * * * *

December 17, 2013

Introduction

This is the production release of ACL for webOS for Phoenix International Communications. A PDF version is attached for your convenience.
    Product Release Specifications

ACL for webOS is a software product developed by OMWW which ports the Android run time environment tthe webOS operating system. This release note covers production release version v1.0.0.

webOS Revision Supported: *v3.0.5Supported Devices: *HP Touchpad Wi-Fi, 3G & 4G with minimum of 16 GB of memory
    Software Release Quality: *Production
    Software Release Date: 17-December-2013
    Release Format: IPK
    Installation Instructions:*ACL for webOS Installation Guide €“ OpenMobile
    AppMall Release: 2.0.7.765
    Android version: Gingerbread*
    New Features & Enhancements

New Installer Package with additional information.
    License Enforcement - new license keys will be provided for existing users who upgrade.
    Power Management ensures that device automatically powers off and on as appropriate in order to save battery life.
    Notifications are now displayed in the event of a failed app launch.
    Device rooting by users is now supported.*
    Defect Fixes

A problem that caused USB mode to fail to work has been corrected.
    Problems with ACL upgrades and uninstallation have been fixed.
    ACL boot up time has been reduced.
    Audio on webOS *side now plays properly when ACL is installed and running.
    Native webOS applications now run properly when ACL is installed and running.*

Limitations

*This release of ACL for webOS has the following limitations and/or missing functionality:

Hardware video decoding is not supported.
    Camera is not supported.
    Center LED is not supported.
    Vibrator is not supported.
    Google services is not supported.
    Bluetooth is not supported.
    Google accounts are not supported.
    AdobeAir is not supported.*
    Known Issues

Tilt does not function correctly in some games.
    Now does this mean betausers can just update or is there an uninstall documentation somewhere to start with clean install. Haven't found one in the PIC mail (which would have been the best way to provide it)

[Update]:kickstarter mail says:
    If you have Preview installed, we advice you to do a clean installation, unistalling the ACL for webOS Preview, and installing the ACL for webOS 1.0.1
    So clean uninstall is needed
    [/update]

just only that unanswered thread:
    Uninstall ACL | PIC - Phoenix International Communications - Uninstall ACL | PIC - Phoenix International Communications
    and a controverse thread about not having a clean uninstall removing all apk appshow to upgrade acl? | PIC - Phoenix International Communications - http://www.phxdevices.com/node/3739
    and here is one for the console-happy guys: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3405132

Could OM/PIC please provide a FAQ for uninstalling/upgrading for beta users and for upcoming *if there will be) releases? Saw some "crashed webos on uninstall acl" stories so i want hear the right way from the devs.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 12/19/2013 at 08:09 AM.
    Rnp likes this.
    So it's finally here. One milestone down, a couple of thousand to go. But this community thrives under extreme situations.

So i thought i'd open up a new thread for our new adventures in ACL land. So people, the floor is yours.
    DMeister and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Just a minute ago got the email from PIC we've all been waiting for! 1.0 release including a license key for 3 licenses! So keep checking your email!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Me too.
    But after as this discussion went on I'm not sure to install it.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yep, got it here too.

-- Rod
    Got the email too... So the instructions say you can install from Preware.
    ---------------------------------------------
    "Once it has loaded all the feeds, type "ACL" in the search box and click the search button. The ACL Package will be shown.

Click on it and then click the "Install" button. The installation can require up to 10 minutes. DON'T INTERRUPT THIS PROCESS, OR YOU COULD HAVE NEED TO RESTORE THE HP TOUCHPAD IN ORDER TO GET ACL INSTALLED PROPERLY.
    Once the installation is ended, you can close Preware."...
    -----------------------------------------

Of course I opened Preware immediately, because who wouldn't want to install it with Preware, right?

But to my chagrin, my search for "ACL" yielded only the documentation app from a month or so ago. (sans the Preware details)

WOSQI is ok of course, but curious if it will in fact hit the Preware feeds as described. Saves all the hard-wire connectivity stuff and lets face it, I haven't used a hard connection in years, since WiFi TP sharing and WiFi TP browser :-).

Cheers
    Last edited by hulickr; 12/19/2013 at 01:17 AM. Reason: typo
    Roy

Pre3 is here !! Loving it
    Sprint FrankenPre2 - Touchpad - Homebrew galore
    History: Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Palm Pre
    I see no 'GO' support?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I see no 'GO' support?

Sorry. They said there is no Go support. It's your own responsability, if you want to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    Sorry. They said there is no Go support. It's your own responsability, if you want to try.
    Yep.. still not clear whether Rod's Go script IS included in V1.0 - even if 'unofficially'?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Yep.. still not clear whether Rod's Go script IS included in V1.0 - even if 'unofficially'?
    Try it and give us the answer.
    Ha - sucker me! I will await the 'hallowed' email first anyway!

got mine too, will check it out later today. I didn't even bother with the beta so its all new to me
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Ah finally! I read the PIC mail, and then this forum, on my way to my work. So I'll have to wait all day before i can try :-(
    so now second mail via kickstarter arrivee stating uninstall is needed for preview users, but not saying what is the best method, just removing from webos-software seems to have left apks installed in the past.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Excited that ACL is finally here, bit disappointed that with my Kickstarter pledge the 2 licenses I was promised has shrunk to just 1 though. Anyone else get that or just me?

Looks like an email to PIC to clear that up. :-(
    Hopefully somebody will make google play work, or has that been done already
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Excited that ACL is finally here, bit disappointed that with my Kickstarter pledge the 2 licenses I was promised has shrunk to just 1 though. Anyone else get that or just me?

Looks like an email to PIC to clear that up. :-(
    Hey Mike, please send an email responding back to the kickstarter campaign email, we will figure out. Surely is an error!

And I apologize for my absence on the forum, guys. We were (and actually are!) working really really hard to get this into your hands soonest possible! Thanks the patience shown! We really appreciated it.

Dan
    webOS Italia Community Manager

User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad
    Rnp, bigdoby and MikeN68 like this.
  16. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    same for me, I already send an e-mail to them ...
    Rnp likes this.
  17. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi PIC/OM,

what is about the location services in ACL via wifi/internet (normal TP) or GPS (TP 4G) is this supported or not?

Thanks,

thg
    <threads merged>
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    So I'm guessing those of us who purchased through the phoenix store are still waiting. Still not on preware
    and no email.
    Uninstalled 'Preview' 0.6.0.-
    Rebooted.
    Installed V 1.0.1
    Rebooted.
    ~ Bootloop.

There's your answer! "No 'GO'" apparently.

Doctor, Doctor... I've got this BIG OM/PlC pain in my Ars*....

Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/19/2013 at 07:33 AM. Reason: No GO...