Page 86 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John_OM_Tech View Post
    As mentioned previously, we (at OpenMobile) do not know whether ACL will install successfully on the TouchPad Go, as we do not have any of those devices in our inventory to confirm that. Our QA team has only tested ACL and AppMall on the larger form factor TouchPad running webOS 3.0.5, which is the supported tablet for this impending release.

Regarding you asking if it will be necessary to hack our ACL installer file so it runs on the Go is a loaded question. I don't know any software company that would condone hacking their product so it can be run on hardware that they haven't tested and qualified. We understand your eagerness to run ACL on TP GO, but from a support standpoint, we can only speak to what we have officially tested and qualified - and that is the TouchPad running webOS 3.0.5.

We hope you understand.

Thanks.

John
    OpenMobile Support Team
    John,

We don't understasnd your answer to the question, we do understand the basic principles you enumerate, we've heard you repeat them to us over and over again, but you never really answer our question. I will ask again, but using different words. Maybe you will stop dodging the question.

Rod Whitby / webOS internals created a fix for the installer used in the pre-release which allows the ACL to install on the TouchPad GO successfully. This fix was inserted/added to pre-release version 06.0.5 by PIC, so the ACL does install successfully on the TouchPad GO device.

This time I present you with a question that can only be answered with a YES or a NO:

Did OM or PIC remove the fix referenced above in the release version, YES or NO?
    (YES, the fix is removed, or NO the fix is not removed)

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    benh and MartinH@webos like this.
    Well... Release any version to my Touchpad 9.7 is a good start... the "Go version" can come later...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    John,

We don't understasnd your answer to the question, we do understand the basic principles you enumerate, we've heard you repeat them to us over and over again, but you never really answer our question. I will ask again, but using different words. Maybe you will stop dodging the question.

Rod Whitby / webOS internals created a fix for the installer used in the pre-release which allows the ACL to install on the TouchPad GO successfully. This fix was inserted/added to pre-release version 06.0.5 by PIC, so the ACL does install successfully on the TouchPad GO device.

This time I present you with a question that can only be answered with a YES or a NO:

Did OM or PIC remove the fix referenced above in the release version, YES or NO?
    (YES, the fix is removed, or NO the fix is not removed)

TTB
    You are addressing the wrong person.

The installer is done by PIC, not OM.

We need PIC to be answering questions here.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We need PIC to be answering questions here.

-- Rod
    Rod,

What we need and what we get are two different things.

Since posting my question above I have had the good fortune to get a peek at the change log. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, OM is pulling the strings, not PIC and PIC is being forced to comply. This applies to the binary and to the installer as well.

Don't be surprised if your TP Go fix for the installer isn!t included in the release version. From what I read in the change log, nothing PIC put into the installer remains in the final version . Whatever OM was willing to allow they added to their binary and made PIC discard their installer.
    That's just my take and I'm sharing my interpretation here because I am not under any NDA agreement.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    so is OM just using PIC as frontmen via the kickstarter who basically take all the risk, while PIC hope nothing went horribly wrong with their agreement with OM in the hope of gaining some positive reputation.

as everything is pretty much hidden from us its hard to tell how much rope is around PIC's neck or how tight it is.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    TopTongueBarry likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Rod,

What we need and what we get are two different things.

Since posting my question above I have had the good fortune to get a peek at the change log. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, OM is pulling the strings, not PIC and PIC is being forced to comply. This applies to the binary and to the installer as well.

Don't be surprised if your TP Go fix for the installer isn!t included in the release version. From what I read in the change log, nothing PIC put into the installer remains in the final version . Whatever OM was willing to allow they added to their binary and made PIC discard their installer.
    That's just my take and I'm sharing my interpretation here because I am not under any NDA agreement.
    Thanks Barry. I therefore stand corrected and even more disappointed.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    So are we actually going to see anything from are hard earned money other than an early build of ACL , im beginning to doubt it now.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Funny how I make a comment of seeing the number of pre orders made over the past few days and the amount available for pre order goes from 457 back to 999.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmayatt View Post
    So are we actually going to see anything from are hard earned money other than an early build of ACL , im beginning to doubt it now.
    we get to have the warm fuzzy feeling that OM will continue trying to peddle their wares at various tech shows in the hope of picking up an OEM to carry them.

theres various videos of them demo'ing their product on multiple platforms since 2011 onwards, and considering they seemingly have no income/sales its a miracle their always at these shows making demonstrations, even now they havent sold ACL to anyone in those few years we can at least visibly see them trying via youtube, what chance do they realistically have now at this stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrv331 View Post
    Funny how I make a comment of seeing the number of pre orders made over the past few days and the amount available for pre order goes from 457 back to 999.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    way back when the trending theme of ACL/OM was "put your money where your mouth is", PIC have put some hope/trust in OM, they started kickstarter and our money is idd doing just that, im still amazed that some people still put so much blind faith in OM when they have delivered very little to nothing.

Im almost shocked when i think IF we did get ACL back in 2011 when they first started trying to bed this community after some of their others, what state would the product have been in when back then, when in 2013 near 2014 its still not exactly user friendly or as functional as most would want it.

Make any kind of critizism and your just leapt on as if your some kind of doomsayer trying to jinx it all, tbh i think 4 years is plenty of reason be be skeptical, and when myself and others have put our money where our mouth is, plenty of us are entitled to take the skeptical even allround negative approach.

Theres bound to be plenty who have been waiting since the kickstarter project, however theres still plenty who have been waiting even longer than that, yes each entitled to their opinion, but the ones waiting 4 years have plenty to complain about.
    cuspie likes this.
    Well I don't know if anyonw else has tried to get a refund on the pre order but so far I have not had much luck. I emailed PIC as well as posted a comment and have had no reply. This was about 4 days ago now . . . Seems as though they are stealing our money . . .
    I won their contest so I tried to get a refund for my preorder. I got a couple emails that they were trying to answer that question. It's been a couple months now though...<crickets>

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Well I have waited patiently for ACL without complaining up til now. I am so tired of waiting. I have been a webOS fan for a while now but the Microsoft Surface 2 is pulling me away. I was going to order 2 copies of ACL when it was released for both of my Touchpads but I think I am gonna save my money and wait for the Surface 2 LTE to come out this Spring sometime...sorry PIC/OM but you took WAY too long and have given me no confidence that ACL is actually going to be released....ever
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Just a minute ago got the email from PIC we've all been waiting for! 1.0 release including a license key for 3 licenses! So keep checking your email!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Just a minute ago got the email from PIC we've all been waiting for! 1.0 release including a license key for 3 licenses! So keep checking your email!

It appears they were waiting to hear from me

Yep, got it here too.

-- Rod
    Rnp likes this.
    No this was in the works for a long whilen actually! I got confirmation that the release was going to happen soon after the finished the last (major) bug about 10 or so hours ago ;-)

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    No this was in the works for a long whilen actually! I got confirmation that the release was going to happen soon after the finished the last (major) bug about 10 or so hours ago ;-)

Lol I was just kidding...but its funny that 30 minutes after I threw in the towel after all this time they release it. By the way the website still says its available for pre orders.
    Last edited by fej180; 12/19/2013 at 12:08 AM.
    Got mine, will install later today��
    Rnp likes this.