Page 83 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    What happened is that after the survey is launched (which, as mentioned earlier, is completely optional), Kickstarter themselves send out reminders.
    No need to fill out any postal information. You'll still get your digital copies, regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm just here so I don't get fined." -Marshawn Lynch
    Hmmm... wondering why I haven't gotten any notifications from Kickstarter yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hmmm... wondering why I haven't gotten any notifications from Kickstarter yet.
    hmmmm, maybe they have been watching you and already know where you live?

j/k

Lock all the doors just in case!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    if you do not intend to actively block the Go everything is fine.

PIC can implement the installer that also works on the Go, may be with a warning that the Go is not supported by ACL and most people will be happy - either it works or not (while I expect that it will work as with ACL 0.6).

An other question that still is not answered:
    Will location services work with the TP (wifi) and TP-4G (wifi+gps), so that you can use maps and other stuff that needs it?
    I spoke with Dan and he said he doesn't know the full release notes for the final version of the ACL. So, he'll be meeting with the devs on Friday, so I'll let you know as soon as I find out!
    "I'm just here so I don't get fined." -Marshawn Lynch
    Quote Originally Posted by brandongoeszoom View Post
    I spoke with Dan and he said he doesn't know the full release notes for the final version of the ACL. So, he'll be meeting with the devs on Friday, so I'll let you know as soon as I find out!

Thank you..
    I gues this is also as close to an answer to my question for you @ #1612 above:
    ".. *Will there continue to be 'unofficial' support for the Go?*. By this I directly mean: Will Rod's .0.6.0.5 Go-adaption script be retained in the Public Release version, so that Go owners can choose to purchase & operate ACL entirely at their own risk - and without ever expecting any further 'official' support..?"
    as you can presently come up with.. looking forward to 'as soon as' anyway.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    lets hope for the best...if ACL is released officially (even in a non 100% complete form) but is stable for 80% of the applications.. I think it's a good step forward...
    I know I will support it for the TP - go (if it's installable - eventhough it's not supported)
    MartinH@webos and eKeith like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    lets hope for the best...if ACL is released officially (even in a non 100% complete form) but is stable for 80% of the applications.. I think it's a good step forward...
    I know I will support it for the TP - go (if it's installable - eventhough it's not supported)
    Of course.. and likewise!
    But, as no one yet seems to 'know' whether there is to be continued & unofficial 'Go' functionality (I won't use the word 'support').. then now is surely the time to make our feelings known to OM/PlC.
    We shall see whether they have been willing to listen/adapt or not.

I mean please bear in mind that Go functionality was created/given by Rod and then very soon afterwards, originally introduced to us as a kind of "Hi beautiful webOS fans and supporters.. we (OM/PlC) know how much you love your devices, so we are joyfully inculding Rod's script to keep you ALL happy - which is our ultimate aim!"

Yipee!

Why even any question of it not remaining therefore?

~^~
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/12/2013 at 08:07 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imurrx View Post
    I got a notice in the mail confirming our address. It was to mail us the uber cheap gifts from the pledge level we had. This was months ago.
    Me too. Month ago
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I would hope that after Dan's meeting with the devs PIC/OM would post some type of update on their site. The last update being as far back as September 28 is pretty crappy. I would hope those that received surveys would note the lack of communication. Also makes me wonder what type of support we can expect with ACL.

Just my opinion.
    So is it pretty safe to say that we won't see. The official release until sometime in January at the earliest now that Christmas and New Years are just around the corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Celebre View Post
    So is it pretty safe to say that we won't see. The official release until sometime in January at the earliest now that Christmas and New Years are just around the corner.
    Not exactly.

Eternal Optimist here now. Consider, the release notes finalized Friday and we could still see it drop next week.

If it doesn't release by the 24th, then I'd tend to agree with you, with the week of or day 1 of CES being next guess dates.

All purely speculative I should add ....

I'd like to think ACL will arrive ahead of Santa.

Not giving up yet ....

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    MikeN68 likes this.
    This is just BS. The battery's will all be dead in these tablets by the time it gets released, if EVER .
    Quote Originally Posted by jrv331 View Post
    I would hope that after Dan's meeting with the devs PIC/OM would post some type of update on their site. The last update being as far back as September 28 is pretty crappy. I would hope those that received surveys would note the lack of communication. Also makes me wonder what type of support we can expect with ACL.

Just my opinion.
    Hello jrv331 and all,

Please allow me to introduce myself in case you have not seen my earlier posts here. My name is John and I work for the OpenMobile Support team. Regarding the support for ACL on webOS TouchPad, it will be a top priority for us to listen to you, help you, communicate to you, and relay your needs to our developers. It is our job to see ACL and AppMall from an end-user's perspective, as you would all see it. To that end, we will make a concerted effort to develop an ongoing dialogue with all of you, as your opinions about our product, services and future direction are invaluable to us. We strongly encourage you to visit our Support Center, where we can respond to your technical issues, questions and concerns:

OpenMobile

It is our intent to grow our Support Center and make it a valuable resource for you going forward. You are welcomed and appreciated as an OpenMobile user, and our Support team looks forward to assisting you!

Thank you,

John
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    John,

Thank you for the reply. I think if you look at the last few pages of posts it's reference the lack of communication. Between you and Brandon I hope that changes. Do you by chance have a projected ACL release date?
    Thank you

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by John_OM_Tech View Post
    Hello jrv331 and all,

Please allow me to introduce myself in case you have not seen my earlier posts here. My name is John and I work for the OpenMobile Support team. Regarding the support for ACL on webOS TouchPad, it will be a top priority for us to listen to you, help you, communicate to you, and relay your needs to our developers. It is our job to see ACL and AppMall from an end-user's perspective, as you would all see it. To that end, we will make a concerted effort to develop an ongoing dialogue with all of you, as your opinions about our product, services and future direction are invaluable to us. We strongly encourage you to visit our Support Center, where we can respond to your technical issues, questions and concerns:

OpenMobile

It is our intent to grow our Support Center and make it a valuable resource for you going forward. You are welcomed and appreciated as an OpenMobile user, and our Support team looks forward to assisting you!

Thank you,

John
    I hate when I ask a girl out and she says, "maybe".
    Is that John om tech guy running for some public office ? I feel like I just got a hand shake and a baby somewhere got kissed.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by roydk View Post
    Is that John om tech guy running for some public office ? I feel like I just got a hand shake and a baby somewhere got kissed.
    It's better than getting your hand kissed and your baby shaken.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by roydk View Post
    Yes, the approach of giving no useful information, pointing to another site, and saying everything will be better in the future, really doesn't cut it for this community. I wonder why OM and PIC haven't realised that yet...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    sledge007, steinhage and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_OM_Tech View Post
    Hello jrv331 and all,

Please allow me to introduce myself in case you have not seen my earlier posts here. My name is John and I work for the OpenMobile Support...
    Again?

Werkelijk onbestaanbaar wat OM en PIC in dit project laten zien. Los van de afname van reeds 'betaalde' licenties, koopt er toch nooit meer iemand iets bij deze twee bedrijven? Hun ondergang komt in rap tempo dichterbij. Zonde, want onnodig.

Let us see if Google translate will help you with the above! :-)
    Last edited by steinhage; 12/14/2013 at 02:48 AM. Reason: typo
    Palm Pre2 (mar 2011) running 2.2.4 + HP Touchpad 32GB (sep 2011) running 3.0.5 + Pixi Plus (may 2012) running 1.4.5
    Previous devices: Palm Treo 750 (feb 2007) - Palm Tungsten T (may 2005) - Palm IIIc (2001) - Palm III (1998)
    your opinions about our product, services and future direction are invaluable to us
    Product? What product? That's the whole problem (at least, now).

Well, at least he was trying to be helpful, even if it didn't move things forward to any significant degree.