Page 81 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3171767778798081828384858691 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    If its a "licensing" issue, could it be they were waiting to show (HP? LG?) a beta test in order to get their attention to negotiate licensing. Or alternatively HP/LG did not take them seriously until the beta test proved out and now they have to negotiate licensing?
    If so, there is some possibility that they will not come to agreement and this product will never be officially released.
    On the other hand, you might think LG would want this technology to support their tv but who knows?

As an aside, Herrie if you want a Veer I will donate one of mine to you as a gesture of support to webos-ports.
    Just em me--you may have to pay intl shipping, not sure what the cost would be.
    I had the impression they were referring to their licensing system that checks to make sure you have a legal purchased copy of ACL, but I also considered the possibility they were referring to technology licensed from another company. It wasn't clear enough to be sure.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/08/2013 at 07:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I purchase one license, .... what does this "license" mean? One per touchpad? or HP account?
    Quote Originally Posted by OddNYer View Post
    I purchase one license, .... what does this "license" mean? One per touchpad? or HP account?
    Per Touchpad of cour$e!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  4. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I had the impression they were referring to their licensing system that checks to make sure you have a legal purchased copy of ACL, but I also considered the possibility they were referring to technology licensed from another company. It wasn't clear enough to be sure.
    I think there was a post (from Rod?) that explained the license stuff, if I remember correct, they where using an external license software and they had some problems with it.

These problems ment for me, that ACL wiped the palm profile on my TouchPad and thus I had to reinstall everything on my TP-64.

Probably they still might have issues with is, because wiping a TP is a no-no-go!
    Hey guys. Brandon from PIC here. Let's see what I can say without breaking NDA. I basically do the social media/community outreach stuff. But, I can only do so much since knowing all the details and status on ACL is above my pay grade, apparently.
    Anyhow, I understand everyone's frustrations, Rod's included. I'm just as mad and frustrated with the company I work for. It's unacceptable that this has taken so long, especially without any updates to you guys. So, I've reached out and basically demanded for more information and privileges if I'm to perform my job successfully. Sadly, I don't have access to the PIC email y'all might send questions to, but feel free to email me at <email removed by moderator> if you have any questions. Since I have direct channels of communication to the higher ups, I'll pass the questions to them and pester them until I get something out of them. Then, I'll inform you.
    This obviously isn't me reaching out officially, but as a consumer and fellow webOS lover. Yes, I want to see PIC succeed in our long term goals, but it makes it difficult when we're alienating our largest supporters. So, while communication may be sub-sub-sub-par, please don't give up on us completely. I'm a sole employee, but hopefully, I can help you guys out somehow.
    Like I said, shoot me an email with anything you'd like to ask. I'll be monitoring this thread, as well, but since I always have my phone with me, email will probably be the quickest way of getting a response.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/09/2013 at 12:06 PM.
    "I'm just here so I don't get fined." -Marshawn Lynch
    Preemptive and TJs11thPre like this.
    It would be much better if questions are asked and answered here, so everyone can see the answers...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It would be much better if questions are asked and answered here, so everyone can see the answers...

-- Rod

That works. I was just saying concerning any questions people emailed me. But that's a good idea. So, if y'all have any questions, just let me know. I'm here to serve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    well sad enough that a socialmedia / community guy does not have the infos. Basically OM guys knowing more are reading/writing here too sometimes, but they don't want to answer or just doing marketing speak. But they always "appreciate our feedback" > /dev/null .
    So why should they now give you the OK to disclose?

Btw. the questions are here already, go back several pages and cut/paste/answer.

btw: Didn't want to be rude to a single person that wants to help and even acts on his own having no backup from the company.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    well sad enough that a socialmedia / community guy does not have the infos. Basically OM guys knowing more are reading/writing here too sometimes, but they don't want to answer or just doing marketing speak. But they always "appreciate our feedback" > /dev/null .

So why should they now give you the OK to disclose?

Btw. the questions are here already, go back several pages and cut/paste/answer.

btw: Didn't want to be rude to a single person that wants to help and even acts on his own having no backup from the company.

Well, I'm hoping the fact that I'm the only one who seems to be reaching out from PIC would be an incentive enough to give me the info that I need to give to you guys. It'd be bad PRPRPR $otherwise$ ($as$ $if$ $there$ $hasn$'$t$ $been$ $enough$ $of$ $that$) :$P$

But I'll go through the thread piece by piece, send the questions to Dan, Matt, and Marc, and hopefully, I'll come back with something to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    I uninstalled ACL on my TouchPad Go yesterday. I never thought it would happen after all the work I put into sideloading and testing all the apps I was interested in. I couldn't get the tablet into USB mode to put some new music on there despite several reboots and even Wi-Fi File Transfer wouldn't start.
    While I'm not there yet, there are times when I'm very close to removing ACL (I found that there are some niceties but few necessities with android apps...e.g. I still prefer the stock browser for most of my internetting). That being said, I am wondering what the best uninstall-practice is.

Should I first remove all android apps in ACL before removing ACL itself; or will ACL take care of that? - Are all ACL-related (android app) folders automatically removed from media/internal or will I have to clean it all up manually myself.

Just curious. As I said, I'm not yet uninstalling, but I would appreciate if those with experience doing so share their experiences.
  11. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    Should I first remove all android apps in ACL before removing ACL itself; or will ACL take care of that? - Are all ACL-related (android app) folders automatically removed from media/internal or will I have to clean it all up manually myself.
    because I hope, that a much better version of ACL is on the way, I didn,t tried to remove everything.

But when you make an update, with prior deinstallation of ACL, you will not loose any of the Android-apps.

So I would assume, that you have to remove them by yourself.

Just curious. As I said, I'm not yet uninstalling, but I would appreciate if those with experience doing so share their experiences.
    I haven't uninstalled, I just removed the autostart of ACL, so reenabling is quite easy.

regards,

thg
    @ 'brandongoeszoom' ~ Dude.. Thanks so much for sticking your neck out - and as a webOS Supporter, encouraging us here at webOS Nation to focus and ask any pertinent questions regarding ACL here in our own Forum!
    That is a real breath of fresh air and at least shows a lot of individual compassion - if not passion!

I will post here rather than emailing you directly - as Rod points out, this then keeps all comms clear(ish) and out in the open for all concerned to peruse at their lesure here.

I have 10" TPs (both Wifi & 4G) which already & contentedly dual-boot to recent 'CM' versions of Android.
    There is no such option for the smaller Go however.. despite certain owners here pressing CM for it.
    OM/PlC ACL is therefore, as far as I am aware, the only remaining option with which Go owners may 'Androidise' their Devices.

I guess (at risk of repeating myself therefore) my main question at the moment concerns the likely (or unlikely) ACL support for the TP 'Go' Device.

*Will there continue to be 'unofficial' support for the Go?*
    By this I directly mean: Will Rod's .0.6.0.5 Go-adaption script be retained in the Public Release version, so that Go owners can choose to purchase & operate ACL entirely at their own risk - and without ever expecting any further 'official' support, should ACL then 'brick' their devices, for instance?

I hope that covers it and is clear!
    If there is a way to work this, I am sure I speak for the not inconsiderable numbers of Go owners who will be delighted to conform to an 'unofficial' arrangement such as this.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/09/2013 at 09:00 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    This commited community of ours gets thinner every week and I regret the way one of its lasts hopes is spoiled by nonsense, delays and silence.
    The very same ingredients of a Grand Chef, aka Leo Apotheker
    @Brandon - thanks for the post, but I did remove your email address per our rules, and for the simple reason Rod has already pointed out. OM has a lot of very unhappy campers here and it's going to go volatile soon unless they start talking.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Just got a kick starter email asking for a physical delivery address for two ACL licenses.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Just got a kick starter email asking for a physical delivery address for two ACL licenses.

-- Rod
    Same here for 3 licenses
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts

-- Rod
    Got the email also...
    Hope this is not just another "carrot on a stick" tactic...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    If its a "licensing" issue, could it be they were waiting to show (HP? LG?) a beta test in order to get their attention to negotiate licensing. Or alternatively HP/LG did not take them seriously until the beta test proved out and now they have to negotiate licensing?
    If so, there is some possibility that they will not come to agreement and this product will never be officially released.
    On the other hand, you might think LG would want this technology to support their tv but who knows?
    I doubt LG would like the idea that people can run android app on their TV... Companies having their own mobile device OS profit mainly by the appstore. ACL allow people use android apps on webOS device, and then who would bother make a webOS version adaptation for their software (especially the number of webOS devices are so small compared to main OS)? It may help for short term but it won't bring long-term benefit for the companies (HP, LG) if they do nothing else.
    Besides, ACL only runs on TP. It only fits in one hardware at a time (it's lucky that TP Go use quiet similar components), and we saw how long it takes and how difficult it is to adapt it on a device (especially it's not start with nothing but an alpha version).
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    Got the email also...
    Hope this is not just another "carrot on a stick" tactic...
    Wow! Coincidence or is Brandon the go to guy if you want results? ;-)

Just noticed what might be an important deadline for OM...
    2014 International CES® Exhibitor Details - OpenMobile World Wide, Inc.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Wow! Coincidence or is Brandon the go to guy if you want results? ;-)

Just noticed what might be an important deadline for OM...
    2014 International CES® Exhibitor Details - OpenMobile World Wide, Inc.
    Time will tell ;-)
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C