Page 79 of 105 FirstFirst ... 29 697475767778798081828384 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
  1. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi Rod,

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Quite honestly, I'm so unimpressed by the unprofessional attitude of OM and PIC to its sole demographic customer base right here on this forum that I'm not going to use ACL going forward.
    I am very sorry to read this, while it is completely true what you write, unfortunately it is not the only KickStarter-project where communication is an issue.

I've installed jcsullins' and NewbyJE's latest testing Android releases on my TouchPads. I passed on my TouchPad Go's to the WebOS Ports developers.
    That's not an option for me at all.

For the first app I wanted to use with ACL on my Go, I just bought a GN7-32, I don't like it very much, I don't like Google nor Android, but the app works and is absolutely reliable, that's what I need for it.

For the second app, I have to boot into CM9 to be able to use it, but this is necessary only on vacations, if I do not want to carry all my magazines with me, I intend to read.

So finally still two apps missing, Firefox and Adobe reader/Foxit PDF reader, which where running OK with the alpha release of ACL, I expect that I will not need them too often and thus I can stay with my webOS some more time.

Hopefully the ACL GA will be stable, all webOS apps stay usable, audio is not messed up, the licensing will not kill anything anymore and it will be still possible to install it on the Go!

I passed on my TouchPad Go's to the WebOS Ports developers.
    So I hope that you still have access to it, may be we need your help once more :-)
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaFeliciano View Post
    Too late. I purchased three. I had to update my PayPAl account which I wanted to avoid doing but, it's done. I could not pass up the $10 discount on each license. I hope it comes out by Christmas because my 13 year old son has been hammering me the past few months on when it is coming out. It would really make him a happy camper if he got it for Christmas. -Koa-
    So OM/PIC don't you disappoint this boy on xmas and put some working droid games on top.
    I checked the PIC website and here weekly, and there are some questions left unreplied for about a month on PIC forum. However, if we go through this thread, we would keep seeing different people ask TP users to go here and there because "we can answer you faster and more effectively." It makes me feel that they only have answers that's quiet different from those optimistic promises and nobody would like to hear, so they would rather keep silence...
    OOM is a company trying to sell Android virtualization software to hardware OEMs.

The only reason why they want you on their mailing list is so they can show a certain number of customers figure to prospective corporate buyers of the technology or venture capitalists.

Providing timely information to end-users or customers of PIC would be very far down the list of corporate priorities, which is why you see the actions not matching the promises.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    ... Too little, too late.

The song of Palm and HP continued ...

TBH, I expected something like this. Even so I did preorder after the Beta was out, because I think I will at least get "halve" a product for the few bucks.

As Rod said, the behaviour of OM/PIC does seem mighty unprofessional. The PIC Forum is spammed more often than not, there are no answers for days there or here.
    And now reading that Rod's improvements are not included and part of the (already small) userbase is excluded on purpose, makes me angry.

Too little, too late is really something, the common "Palm" user has lived through over the last decade or so. I do not think this will change any time soon.
    Christmas will bring new devices to many WebOS users and the userbase will become even smaller. OM/PIC are still not out with their product yet. What does that tell us?

How often do you think, they will sell that product in the future? Limited to what it is, a Touchpad without Uberkernel?
    Yep.
    Too little, too late is exactly what this is.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Hmm.. Yep!
    OM/Phoenix recently PM'd me to take down the Preview download link (which I agreed to instantly and had in all innocence posted here @ #1540).
    I then asked OM/Phoenix via reply PM whether their ACL would be supporting the TP 'Go' or not.. no reply/response.. so I asked them again two days ago.. NO reply/response!

Has anyone by any chance sampled their 'latest' Preview offering in a 'Go' yet ~ by that I mean the V 0.6.0.5. that was apparently re-uploaded after the initial V 0.6.0.5 was apparently 'disappeared' for some while?

Rod.. I am starting to see exactly what you imply!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/02/2013 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Sp.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.

I read this thread all the time. I refrain from much comment any longer as I don't want to be a downer, but I really feel like this guy after the last few days and reading about what you hopefuls are going through with this project...

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    sledge007, TJs11thPre and i2y4n like this.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I purchased through the Pic store a few weeks ago to get the 10.00 discount being under the impression a release was coming soon. I know that the investors get the first copies released then store purchases next. But unless I see some thing in the next week Im going to dispute the charge with my cc company. Is there any way of getting what was released already to others for testing to see if it fits my needs?
    Thanks
    sshaka likes this.
  9. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I then asked OM/Phoenix via reply PM whether their ACL would be supporting the TP 'Go' or not..
    the Go is not supported by ACL, as they stated in their last comment.

Nobody knows if it will work anyway or if it is blocked, but on the 0.6.0-5 I tried out, the Go was working similar to the TP-64, not yet good enough for daily use, but could be improved!
    Quote Originally Posted by jrv331 View Post
    I purchased through the Pic store a few weeks ago to get the 10.00 discount being under the impression a release was coming soon. I know that the investors get the first copies released then store purchases next. But unless I see some thing in the next week Im going to dispute the charge with my cc company. Is there any way of getting what was released already to others for testing to see if it fits my needs?
    Thanks
    The only option would be to contact the folks over at OpenMobile to see what they can do for you. Those with current copies of the software will not (and should not) share as the copies are tied to their accounts.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Thank you , I wasn't asking for a shared copy, only to see if I could get on the trial side like the backers are. I did try asking on the open mobile site first, even emailing PIC with no response. I was hoping someone from over there might see the post here and would respond

I guess i have my answer then, I'll just go for the refund and if / when ACL is finalized I just re order.

Thanks
    Last edited by jrv331; 12/02/2013 at 08:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    the Go is not supported by ACL, as they stated in their last comment.
    Yes.. this is what I had also assumed but of the two replies I have SINCE recieved (yesterday), the first states that the Go WILL be a "supported device" (and that the reason 0.6.0.5 disappeared for a while was due to server error) - the second however, a few hours later, apologised for their error and stated that it was not *actually" listed as an officially supported device because they couldn't actually test ACL on one!

Makes me wonder if they *actually* know what they are doing half the time!
    It sounds as if the Go will 'eventually' be included. But clearly they do not have a test-device available to them?

Perhaps Rod's Go adaption script will even 'unofficially' be included in the eventual Public Release version still?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/03/2013 at 05:20 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Seems to me, that person A thinks he knows everything and person B thinks so as well. But A has different information than B and neither A nor B know that the respective other person has different informations...

Hahahaha

So when you send an Email, person A answers with X. Person B reads your mail and the answer of person A and then answers with Y himself.

Very nice. Professionals @ work ...
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Seems to me, that person A thinks he knows everything and person B thinks so as well. But A has different information than B and neither A nor B know that the respective other person has different informations...

Hahahaha

So when you send an Email, person A answers with X. Person B reads your mail and the answer of person A and then answers with Y himself.

Very nice. Professionals @ work ...
    You mean a certain lack of cohesive internal communication flow!
    Seems a bit like that - but I also bet they are all flat-chat busting a gut trying to get this bunny into the 'Licensing Bag' without later risk of massive Law Suits from Google & LG etc etc!

Yes.. this is what I had also assumed but of the two replies I have SINCE recieved (yesterday), the first states that the Go WILL be a "supported device" (and that the reason 0.6.0.5 disappeared for a while was due to server error) - the second however, a few hours later, apologised for their error and stated that it was not *actually" listed as an officially supported device because they couldn't actually test ACL on one!

It sounds as if the Go will 'eventually' be included. But clearly they do not have a test-device available to them?

Perhaps Rod's Go adaption script will even 'unofficially' be included in the eventual Public Release version still?

I think everyone is in agreement that PIC and OMWW are not handling PRPRPR $very$ $well$. $I$ $hope$ $that$'$s$ $the$ $extent$ $of$ $gaff$'$s$ $we$ $will$ $see$ $from$ $them$ $on$ $this$ $project$. $I$ $have$ $been$ $fairly$ $certain$ $they$ $will$ $deliver$ $a$ $product$, $eventually$, $however$ $lately$ $every$ $day$ $that$ $passes$ $without$ $the$ $ACL$ $release$, $my$ $confidence$ $in$ $therm$ $decreases$.

I do understand the reason PIC and OMWW can't officially support ACL for use on the TP GO device. Even without "official" support from them, it's clear the ACL (preview at least) does work on these devices.

I hope they don't remove Rod's modifications allowing ACL installation and use on the GO for customers who are willing to forgo support. If they do, it will disappoint me and others, however the fix is documented in these forums. Those of us who really want to install and use ACL on our TP GO's should be able to do so .....

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    all they need to do is release one stinkin' forum post to say "hey we're still working on it and hoping to release before or after christmas"

but i can understand why communications may be muted until all work is finalized, because they are dealing with corps. that have lots of attorneys who love NDA's.

if they've got a 'general gag order' until the final product is approved by LG/HP/whoever then they could say just that.

not saying anything, is simply letting their potential customer base vanish.

because i HAVE a TP with stock kernel that's been waiting patiently for ACL, and it's growing more obsolete by the day. and I also have a Nexus7 android tab, that's growing MORE LIKE WEBOS by the day.

Obi-Wan warned us of fools, vs. the fools who follow them.
    Quite honestly, I'm so unimpressed by the unprofessional attitude of OM and PIC to its sole demographic customer base right here on this forum that I'm not going to use ACL going forward.

This is it for me as far as OM and PIC are concerned. Too little, too late.

If OM and PIC ever do release ACL, there are two licenses that I will not be using, which I will give away at that time.

-- Rod
    I feel the same way as Rod does. I have held on to my two working TouchPad GO devices and a bevy of TP GO parts with the hopes of using them as daily drivers again with the release of ACL.

I'm disappointed in the way PIC and OMWW have handled the release and the lack of open communication they have offered that I am almost at the point of jumping off the entire webOS platform.

Yes I have TP 4G and TP Wi-Fi devices, but for me the GO is the perfect size for my needs. As stated previously I do understand why PIC and OMWW cannot supoport the GO, and that is not the deal killer for me, its the way they have handled everything else. Continuing to accept Pre-order $$ for a product they can't seem to get released should be a crime, however by doing so I believe they earnestly intend to release a product some day.

I have already migrated to the Android platform using a Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 as my daily driver with Phone and Internet capabilities, and have my PandaPad 4G with CM10 running like a top, so I am where I need to be with devices if PIC's actions or lack of them continue it will be the last straw in my book.

If when that happens, with great sadness I will put my TP GO devices on the market.

webOS, I am barely hanging on by a thread. The companies that fostered your growth have let me and most of the other fans of your exceptional UI down, we can't hold on forever.

TTB

P.S. Although my initials are BS (really!), it's clear I am nowhere near the king of it around here. The kings of it these days are PIC and OMWW. I'd bet 2 ACL licenses I've already paid for that nobody here will disagree!
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 12/04/2013 at 12:31 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    PIC just shipped my TouchPad 4G.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    Congrats! Any issues?
    It's not there, yet.. It just started shipping yesterday. I hope that it will arrive here at the beginning of next week. Just wanted to add something positive to this conversation.
    Mutoidi and pattyland like this.