Page 78 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    WARNING:
    Reminder to Members,

Please do not post the link to download sites for software. Even if there is nothing there 'at the moment' those sites were shared with testers and are not for public posting.

Thank you!
    eKeith likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Depends on how you define "ready".

As there have already been prerelease versions delivered to customers, I think we WILL get something. It might probably not be what we want (i.e. no Uberkernel atm).
    Yea, maybe, but when you throw around the word "the official release date of ACL for webOS is imminent " that word means "about to happen.
    "they were in imminent danger of being swept away"
    synonyms: impending, close (at hand), near, (fast) approaching, coming, forthcoming, on the way, in the offing, in the pipeline, on the horizon, in the air, just around the corner, coming down the pike, expected, anticipated, brewing, looming, threatening, menacing;
    NOT weeks or months later.
    sledge007 and DarkoD like this.
    Im honestly so tired of waiting. Has anyone tried to get a refund on the preorder?
    Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    Anita from OM gave a more hopeful release date of "early next week" about 2 weeks ago, but that has been and gone. I suppose we're back to "imminent" now.
    Ben
    Hello Ben and All,

My name is John and I am a moderator for the OpenMobile Support Center. I wanted to reassure you all that your concerns are not going unheard. What Anita reported to you in post #1523 was, in fact true and Phoenix International Communications and OpenMobile were intending to release ACL for webOS Touchpad to consumers during that time. Unfortunately, some logistical issues arose that prevented us from rolling it out, and for that we offer our sincere apologies. For a full explanation of where we are at in regards to this release, please feel free to visit our FAQs here:

FAQs OpenMobile

As you can see from clicking the above link, OpenMobile has created a Support Center to assist with the release of ACL for webOS. Our Support Center will be the primary resource for consumers to get their questions answered, self-help, or log a support ticket for a technical issue. Everything you've ever wanted to know about ACL for webOS will be made available at the link below:

OpenMobile

For those of you who prefer participating in a forum discussion, we also offer a Community forum and we invite you to participate, post a topic, or engage in an existing topic with other users and OpenMobile moderators here:

OpenMobile

We strongly encourage you to visit our Support Center and Community forum. We check this area of our website daily and you are more likely to get a faster response there, directly from the source, rather than third party forums that we may not be able to check as frequently. Our Support Center provides a convenient and central location for us to monitor, track topics, issues, and respond to tickets.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on our Support Center!

Best regards,

John
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/27/2013 at 11:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by John_OM_Tech View Post
    Hello Ben and All,

My name is John and I am a moderator for the OpenMobile Support Center. I wanted to reassure you all that your concerns are not going unheard. What Anita reported to you in post #1523 was, in fact true and Phoenix International Communications and OpenMobile were intending to release ACL for webOS Touchpad to consumers during that time. Unfortunately, some logistical issues arose that prevented us from rolling it out, and for that we offer our sincere apologies. For a full explanation of where we are at in regards to this release, please feel free to visit our FAQs here:

FAQs OpenMobile

Best regards,

John

Directly from the OM WW FAQ updated on 11/27/2013:

"In short, we expect to release it soon - meaning weeks not months".

When will ACL and AppMall for webOS be released for the HP TouchPad 3.0.5?
    John Lafauce - Last updated 2 hours ago
    Q: When will ACL and AppMall for webOS be released for the HP TouchPad 3.0.5?

A: Updated 11/27/2013.

I reached out to our product management team on your behalf and asked for an update on the webOS for HP Touchpad release. They informed me that:

- Development is complete
    - Beta feedback has been very positive!
    - We are 90% complete in our Release Cycle

Basically, the product is complete and we are working out the final logistics for the release of ACL for webOS. This means finalizing legal agreements, packaging, the installer mechanism, licensing technology, etc. It really has been an all hands on deck effort by OpenMobile and PIC to put the final touches on this product so we can provide the best product and user experience possible to you all. Unfortunately, there have been unforeseen setbacks, which both companies are working diligently to resolve.

In short, we expect to release it soon - meaning weeks not months. So, we ask for, and appreciate your continued patience as we iron out the logistics of making this a release you will be thrilled with. Please check this FAQ for updates and subscribe to our email distribution list to hear all things ACL for webOS (including launch date) right from the source: I'm interested in ACL for webOS!

End of update from OM FAQ.

Hmmmm, Maybe it will show up under the tree on Christmas morning, unless Santa has logistical problems to deal with .........
    TTB

P.S. Although my initials are BS (really!), it's clear I am nowhere near the king of it around here!
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/27/2013 at 12:34 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I really don"t understand the stringing along process here. Why not release what you have completed to this point with the disclaimer that its still a work on progress. After all every piece of software get updated to iron out bugs. The current version of Webos was not the initial release.

What you have to this point may meet the needs of many any way.
    Meanwhile, I am finding the TouchPad so useful with ACL running TinyCam Monitor Pro (to view four domestic security cameras) that for me, getting the final release will be more like having the icing on the cake than a whole new cake.

Well, I understand what I mean even if nobody else does.
    Don't like the strong emphasis on delivering a final product. That probably means that it is a final release, no further updates from PIC/OM. Take it as is. Hope I'm wrong.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    Don't like the strong emphasis on delivering a final product. That probably means that it is a final release, no further updates from PIC/OM. Take it as is. Hope I'm wrong.
    I think it's common to refer to the product as final when it's deemed to be complete and ready for release. I wouldn't worry about that phrase (but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen).
    Ben
    How much more developmet PIC/OM invests will, as I recon, depend on how much money they earn with it.
    No dough, no game.
    Simple as that.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    I don't like the sound of 'finalizing legal agreements' and 'licensing technology'. Surely those things should have been sorted months ago, not left to the very end before release?

Given that I am waiting for a second (or third) release to support the Pre3 I think I will be waiting a very long time. Glad I only made a token donation now.

In the meantime I have been experimenting with using Android (via a Nexus 7) and I am starting to feel it won't be so bad to have to use it on a phone, though I still hate using a virtual keyboard so I will be looking for something with good add-on keyboard options (found a nice one for the Nexus 7).
    Last edited by andyhurley; 11/29/2013 at 05:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    I don't like the sound of 'finalizing legal agreements' and 'licensing technology'. Surely those things should have been sorted months ago, not left to the very end before release?

Given that I am waiting for a second (or third) release to support the Pre3 I think I will be waiting a very long time. Glad I only made a token donation now.

In the meantime I have been experimenting with using Android (via a Nexus 7) and I am starting to feel it won't be so bad to have to use it on a phone, though I still hate using a virtual keyboard so I will be looking for something with good add-on keyboard options (found a nice one for the Nexus 7).
    Agree should have, with the initial release to testers there were problems with licensing and I THINK they disabled licensing afterwards and are probably still trying to fix it now.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Again, I don't think these folks want my money. I posted about two months ago that I tried to pre-order three copies of ACL and the site was really giving me a hard time so I simply gave up. Frustration slightly abated, I go back today and get to the payment options and no matter what press, I keep getting the PayPal payment option. I just want to use my friggin' credit card and not have to go thru PayPal.

They have two buttons to click. One shows a string of credit cards. Hover over that and it say's "Paypal". Then there is a link next to that which states I can use my card or PayPal. Hover over that and again it say's PayPal. I pressed one, got PayPal. Pressed the other, got the same.

C'mon guys, throw me a bone here. I wonder how many sales you are losing by not having the payment area ready. I am fixing to give up on this just on the payment options alone. Really, I can wait for ACL. But this payment stuation is giving me a permanent wedgie.

-Koa-
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaFeliciano View Post
    Again, I don't think these folks want my money. I posted about two months ago that I tried to pre-order three copies of ACL and the site was really giving me a hard time so I simply gave up. Frustration slightly abated, I go back today and get to the payment options and no matter what press, I keep getting the PayPal payment option. I just want to use my friggin' credit card and not have to go thru PayPal.

They have two buttons to click. One shows a string of credit cards. Hover over that and it say's "Paypal". Then there is a link next to that which states I can use my card or PayPal. Hover over that and again it say's PayPal. I pressed one, got PayPal. Pressed the other, got the same.

C'mon guys, throw me a bone here. I wonder how many sales you are losing by not having the payment area ready. I am fixing to give up on this just on the payment options alone. Really, I can wait for ACL. But this payment stuation is giving me a permanent wedgie.

-Koa-
    I would advise not to pay now. Just wait until it is really released, cause otherwise you pay now and perhaps will not get anything (just a guess from seeing the situation since kickstarter "release date").
    'Never in the field of software development were so many questions asked by so many to so few'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Agree should have, with the initial release to testers there were problems with licensing and I THINK they disabled licensing afterwards and are probably still trying to fix it now.
    what kind of problems with licensing--can you please provide more details?

Sorry for everyones' wait. Really the endless posts by open mobile begging everyone to visit their site are unprofessional. People paid them so just show up and deliver the product--don't keep asking for more.
    II supported the kick-starter.

I tried out the alpha release.

Quite honestly, I'm so unimpressed by the unprofessional attitude of OM and PIC to its sole demographic customer base right here on this forum that I'm not going to use ACL going forward.

I invested time and effort getting ACL to install reliably and work on the TouchPad Go. OM state that they will not include those improvements in their final product, and when asked if they will actively disable the improvements that I did, they have no answer (so one must assume that they will, as it would make no sense not to appease those with TouchPad Go devices by at least stating that it should work but will not be supported).

This is it for me as far as OM and PIC are concerned. Too little, too late.

I've installed jcsullins' and NewbyJE's latest testing Android releases on my TouchPads. I passed on my TouchPad Go's to the WebOS Ports developers.

If OM and PIC ever do release ACL, there are two licenses that I will not be using, which I will give away at that time.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 12/01/2013 at 08:12 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    RumoredNow, Rnp and Gwidion like this.
    Well, thats just too bad and a major strikeout. Not expanding to touchpad go when the community is so small and the Go owners are clearly enthusiasts. Not doing their best to include webos internals contributions which surely are the top knowledgeable folks about webOS--not answering emails of contributors--that is just derelict.

The best thing about the android kernel will (eventually) be the ability to put webos ports version of webOS on the touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    I would advise not to pay now. Just wait until it is really released, cause otherwise you pay now and perhaps will not get anything (just a guess from seeing the situation since kickstarter "release date").
    Too late. I purchased three. I had to update my PayPAl account which I wanted to avoid doing but, it's done. I could not pass up the $10 discount on each license. I hope it comes out by Christmas because my 13 year old son has been hammering me the past few months on when it is coming out. It would really make him a happy camper if he got it for Christmas. -Koa-
    Hopefully, PIC / OM are focusing on getting one core product right and thereby avoiding the rain of criticism that will follow a release that was buggy or unfinished. Then they can update expand the core product to hardware and OS variants.

However, there is no doubt that their PRPRPR $has$ $been$ $very$ $poor$ $and$ $this$ $is$ $in$ $spite$ $of$ $advice$ $given$ $here$ $on$ $how$ $to$ $manage$ $expectations$ $and$ $keep$ $the$ $community$ $informed$. $I$ $hope$ $the$ $product$ $is$ $better$ $than$ $the$ $PR$.

On the other hand, the starting pistol has been fired for Christmas shopping and the stores are full of shiny new toys. How bad is the product? Maybe it's worth releasing ACL with a couple of flagged bugs before the window closes. Right now I bet people are thinking, "Wait for ACL or spring for a new tablet?".
    RumoredNow likes this.