Page 76 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by trz0332 View Post
    I come from China, I want to do a detailed test ACL and then released into China's webos enthusiast forum inside, ask me how to get the ACL test version? <<email removed by moderator>>, If anybody ACL test version, hoping to send one to me, because we have news of China's ACL entries were too few.
    Hi trz0332,

Feel free to contact the developer: OpenMobile

They are the people you will need to speak with for your request. Thanks
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    trz0332 - As the full release of ACL is scheduled for a possible release this week there probably won't be any beta/pre-release versions issued for testing now. If however you asked nicely, you may be able to get a response from someone at PIC or OM. Posting a request on PIC - Phoenix International Communications would be the best option. But as I said, this is unlikely given the soon to be released official version.
    Yesterday I had an update of the ACL documentation via the webOS app store. Couldn't figure out what's new in there, but hopefully the update is a precursor to the release of ACL 1.0!
    [pun] Getting an update for anything in the AppCatalog is in itself a novelty [/pun]

Just joking of course.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    renater likes this.
    I haven't see any diffference in the doc... It was avalaible in France saturday
    Quote Originally Posted by trz0332 View Post
    I come from China, I want to do a detailed test ACL and then released into China's webos enthusiast forum inside, ask me how to get the ACL test version? <<email removed by moderator>>, If anybody ACL test version, hoping to send one to me, because we have news of China's ACL entries were too few.
    Hi there,

Thank you for your interest! Our Kickstarter backers were the lucky few to have received beta copies of ACL for webOS, but you can pre-order a license for your TouchPad at bit.ly/aclforwebos! You'll receive your license as SOON as we've perfected it, which, believe me, won't be much longer!

If you want to receive updates on the progress and latest ACL for webOS news straight from the source, sign up at bit.ly/aclforwebosnews and we'll be sure you're constantly in-the-know. Also, please feel free to share this link and information with your fellow webOS enthusiasts over there in China! We want to make sure no webOS enthusiast is left behind .

Thanks, again, for your interest. We'd love to hear your feedback regarding ACL for webOS as soon as you receive your license!

- Anita
    hmhecht likes this.
  7. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi Anita,

Quote Originally Posted by AnitaOM View Post
    If you want to receive updates on the progress and latest ACL for webOS news straight from the source, sign up at bit.ly/aclforwebosnews and we'll be sure you're constantly in-the-know.
    will this be more/other news than the ones we get because of being a KickStarter baker?

Thanks,

thg
    Dear webOS Nation Members,

Although we use these forums often as a way to keep up with the community, we can not be expected to answer any comments in regards to pricing and/or questions about the release of the software here.

If you have purchased or plan on purchasing ACL for webOS, please feel free to voice any of your questions, concerns, or suggestions to care@store.phxdevices.com or simply fill out our contact form on our store's website at: Contact us - Phoenix International Communications Store

We hope you understand. As always we are doing our best and we hope to have ACL for everyone very soon.

Daniel Giovannetti
    PIC Team
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/13/2013 at 11:04 PM.
    I named my son giovance back in 2001. I find that interesting with your last name !
    DMeister likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    Hi Anita,

will this be more/other news than the ones we get because of being a KickStarter baker?

Thanks,

thg
    Good question! After signing up at bit.ly/aclforwebosnews, you'll receive communications directly from your friends here at OpenMobile. These are different than the updates Kickstarter backers are currently receiving in that Kickstarter news is coming from PIC. While we'll both be telling you about all things ACL, webOS, and TouchPad, they won't be the same communications. Signing up will guarantee that you're one of the first to know all about the latest and greatest ACL for webOS features and releases!

Hope this helps!
    - Anita
  11. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi all,

actually I'm not very interested in registering for another mailing list at OM, just to get some more news.

I can not understand, why these news are not send out via KickStarter, or at the OpenMobile-forum or best in this forum.

So please, could somebody who registered at the OM mailing list, just post the "news" coming from OM here, or Anita, can you just do it?

Thanks a lot,

regards,

thg
    You can be sure that any piece of news that comes from either OM or PIC will very quickly be reported here. It's just the usual upstream companies trying to get you on their mailing list, rather than the mailing list of their downstream retailers.

Personally, I'm pretty sure that if either company wants to provide us with information (and the instances of that seem to be few and far between), they will make the effort to post it here or risk missing out on reaching their only currently viable demographic.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    sledge007 likes this.
    All true.

Nevertheless it is valid for the people who payed the preorder price, to demand a release date.

Because look at it like that: the kickstarter backers have invested into a promise, and honestly: thank you for that. No one would have had a legal handle, if the project would have gone bust.
    On the other hand, the people who have preordered the software, have actually bought a software. PIC/OM took that money already. So if they are not yet able to deliver their end of the bargain, at least a date would be the least to deliver.

my 2 cent.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnitaOM View Post
    @ 11/07/2013, 11:12 PM
    Hi there,
    OpenMobile here! Just wanted to let everyone know that the release of ACL for webOS is almost here! We are aiming to launch ACL for webOS early next week (I just do not want to give a definitive date and potentially let everyone down in the event engineering needs a bit more time to make ACL perfect!) Yay! Remember to use the OpenMobile AppMall catalog to get your apps. We have tested and validated these apps in the AppMall to ensure that they work on the webOS TouchPad! We want the best user experience for you.
    That being said, I would like to announce an important clarification as to what will be supported in this release (ACL 1.0). At the time of launch, ACL for webOS will support the webOS HP TouchPad 3.0.5. Not supported will be TouchPads with UberKernel, TouchPad Go, Veer, Pre3, Pre2, Pre+, and Pre. We are aware that a number of you were able to get beta ACL up and running on these non-supported devices, however in the newest release this will not be the case and OpenMobile will not support these devices.
    We understand these devices are extremely important to you and we are considering expanding supported ACL for webOS platforms, but we need some information from you before we start scoping out these additional platforms. Would you be kind enough to answer a couple of questions here: https://openmobileww.typeform.com/to/jAxGVn so we better understand the devices you own and actively use? We promise that it is short and simple!
    Thank you so very much for your interest in ACL for webOS. We are going to provide you with the best content that your TouchPad has ever seen, so please continue to use the OpenMobile AppMall catalog as your source of apps - we are adding new apps regularly so be sure to keep checking back. We hope that you are as excited as the OpenMobile team for the official release of ACL for webOS!
    Thank you,
    Anita
    -no text-
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    -no text-
    No support.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Every day there is no ACL release I get more depressed. It's like heading out to sea on a "slow boat to **ina".

Hopefully ACL will arrive before the slow boat reaches port.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    jimbobwa likes this.
    Another day passes wiuthout a release version of the ACL. Trouble is there's no anti-depressants to be found anywhere on this slow boat.

Hope the ACL release happens soon, otherwise I might have to hit up one of the crew members stalking the decks with plastic baggies in their pockets for sale. Been wondering what's in those plastic bags anyways.....

Badly need my ACL fix (release version), withdrawl from life is beginning to set in ....... At this rate I may not last long enough for this slow boat to reach port ......
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    We Kicstarter Backers should at least be getting email updates. I'm not interested in joining a Twitter feed et al for that...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Funny thing is, that here they are saying "we don't discuss this here, please join our own forum" ... but there they don't discuss that either (see: Release for Paypal Backers/Preorders | PIC - Phoenix International Communications )

So little to discuss?

Well, I see christmas. I see cheap tablets on the market and I see people opting to get one (or getting one as a present) and therefore putting the Touchpad out of commission. There will be less and less customers who will buy ACL.
    I strongly recommend them to bring out a finalized version quickly.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    All quiet on the PIC/OM front. It is very disappointing when we constantly get things hyped up and again and again have our hopes (and dreams??) dashed.

AnitaOM has said that we should post on the PIC site, which Buddy1969 correctly states is pretty much ignored too. But we do know she comes here from time to time.

I've also emailed a comment to PIC asking for some feedback but so far - nothing (but only for 3 days). Daniel's blog hasn't been updated since 27th September, missing all the beta/pre-release excitement too . . .

So how about it Anita? A small update on progress to whet our appetites again and keep up keen?