Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
  1. MikeN68's Avatar
    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #1481  
    Anita, glad things are progressing, As you can see UberKernel is a major part of most users here. Presumably you guys are sticking with supporting LunaCE (all versions)?

    Whilst not having UK fully supported will be disappointing if it does mean a stable and responsive ACL, then it should be worth it.

    We are all keeping our fingers crossed.
  2. #1482  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnitaOM View Post
    Hi All,

    Happy Friday!!!

    I am currently in a meeting with the OpenMobile team and we completely understand you want the UberKernel to be supported for ACL for webOS. We are trying to gauge interest in UberKernel and other platforms so we can prioritize them for potential future release. Would you be kind enough to complete this super short survey here: https://openmobileww.typeform.com/to/jAxGVn so we better understand the devices you own and actively use?

    Thank you!
    Anita
    Would be nice if this survey would have been Pre2 compatible.
  3. #1483  
    While we're expressing dissatisfaction, how about the $5 coupon being offered to the current customers. I'd have thought we early backers wouldn't be paying more!
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    jxrxblanchard likes this.
  4. #1484  
    Filled out the survey.
    I run with Uberkernel or one of the others since they first became stable--apps, browser load too slowly otherwise.
    I will probably wait to buy until issues can be fixed.
  5. #1485  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Anita, glad things are progressing, As you can see UberKernel is a major part of most users here. Presumably you guys are sticking with supporting LunaCE (all versions)?

    Whilst not having UK fully supported will be disappointing if it does mean a stable and responsive ACL, then it should be worth it.

    We are all keeping our fingers crossed.
    Hi MikeN68,

    Been following this thread for a while now. I get the gist of what is going on but missed the bit about UK support. What will the UK be missing?

    Thanks

    Michael
  6. #1486  
    I think I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between uber and any other kernel if the clock speeds were the same. That said, as long as om and phx don't attempt to actively block use of nonstandard configurations, I think you'll be fine there. I don't think anyone with a go expects you'll spend more than a minute of paid dev time to try to solve the rotation issues on it, for example. Otherwise, the ACL 0.6 works just the same on everything with webOS 305 ..

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    cbosdell likes this.
  7. #1487  
    Will the bakers receive a new mail for 1.0? Same installation process through Wosqi?
  8. ggendel's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    #1488  
    I know that the Warthog kernel goes into an infinite reboot cycle after installing ACL. Uberkernel seemed to be ok in my tests but it was an early ACL version so things could have changed.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  9. #1489  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    While we're expressing dissatisfaction, how about the $5 coupon being offered to the current customers. I'd have thought we early backers wouldn't be paying more!
    That doesn't seem any different from any other product on the market. A product gets released, it sells, sales slow down so they drop the price to rope in a few more buyers.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  10. MikeN68's Avatar
    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #1490  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stewart6 View Post
    Hi MikeN68,

    Been following this thread for a while now. I get the gist of what is going on but missed the bit about UK support. What will the UK be missing?

    Thanks

    Michael
    Sorry, maybe it was a little cryptic! UK = UberKernel. Not us limey's in the United Kingdom! :-)
  11. MikeN68's Avatar
    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #1491  
    I agree with sledge. I gave my money to the Kickstarter project to get the product done, and didn't really give a hoot about the actual cost of the licence. the fatc that the price has dropped is irrelevant - I backed the project, it completed and I get my licence(s). Individual cost of the licence should be immaterial to the Kickstarter backers.

    I got a snazzy T-Shirt too :-)
  12. #1492  
    Sorry for being late to the game, but it's been years, and I've fallen behind. My family still uses webos because, despite the fact that the browser has issues probably due to it being outdated, we just don't like android. And that's every one of us 5 people in the family. (we each have our own touchpad, which we all use daily) I've installed Android on each of them, and we also have bought many apps for android, yet, we only go there to watch Netflix.

    Unfortunately, times aren't so good for us right now, and I really can't put $30 toward something that isn't available yet, so could someone please clarify for me.... If I were to purchase ACL, would I have access to it? or is it still only for those who pre-paid who get beta access at this point? Thank you so much for clarifying this for me, as I have tried to figure it out, but there are too many pages here, and my random searching hasn't found me a definitive answer. i'm probably not finding the right words to search
  13. thg
    thg is offline
    thg's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #1493  
    Quote Originally Posted by IngieBee View Post
    If I were to purchase ACL, would I have access to it? or is it still only for those who pre-paid who get beta access at this point?
    until now it is only available for the KickStarter bakers as beta.

    OM announced the 1.0 that will be available in near future, this can be in some days, but also some weeks.

    So if you purchase ACL today at the online shop, you have to wait until the GA is officially available.

    And you need one license per device, you can not buy one license only and install it on all of your TPs, even not if they are running on the same profile!
  14. Toymaker's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #1494  
    Is there a list of android apps that work well? I'm specifically interested in drawing apps like sketchbook pro. The drawing apps for the Touchpad are terrible but I don't know if its a hardware limitation.
  15. MikeN68's Avatar
    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #1495  
    The list of apps that are '100% compatible' with ACL are listed in the App Mall. You may be able to find it/them at PIC - Phoenix International Communications too, but as ACL is based on Android 2.3.6 quite a few of those apps will work if you side-load them once you have the APK. If you have ACL now, just try a few out.
  16. #1496  
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    until now it is only available for the KickStarter bakers as beta.

    OM announced the 1.0 that will be available in near future, this can be in some days, but also some weeks.

    So if you purchase ACL today at the online shop, you have to wait until the GA is officially available.

    And you need one license per device, you can not buy one license only and install it on all of your TPs, even not if they are running on the same profile!
    Thank you thg after I wrote that and it went to moderation, I went back one page and saw my answer Sorry for that. Also, it's good to know for certain that we'll have to buy 5 versions so we can budget or at least choose who gets it

    I've been feeling quite down about webos, but this gives me hope again
  17. Gwidion's Avatar
    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #1497  
    I would appreciate, if we get another prerelease before 1.0 will arriving. There are a lot of bugs in Version 0.6.0-5 and I would like control before I'll buying a beta with 1.0
  18. #1498  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    I agree with sledge. I gave my money to the Kickstarter project to get the product done, and didn't really give a hoot about the actual cost of the licence. the fatc that the price has dropped is irrelevant - I backed the project, it completed and I get my licence(s). Individual cost of the licence should be immaterial to the Kickstarter backers.

    I got a snazzy T-Shirt too :-)
    If I remember correctly, the lowest few tiers of support on KickStarter did not include a license, which is also pretty much SOP. Of course, I could be totally wrong, and I'm really not in a position right now where I can easily just go and find out. :|
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  19. MikeN68's Avatar
    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #1499  
    Yes, but you wouldn't expect them to give away a copy for a $5 donation would you? The lowest donation to receive a single license was $30, with extra goodies or licenses for more paid.
  20. #1500  
    I come from China, I want to do a detailed test ACL and then released into China's webos enthusiast forum inside, ask me how to get the ACL test version? <<email removed by moderator>>, If anybody ACL test version, hoping to send one to me, because we have news of China's ACL entries were too few.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/12/2013 at 11:03 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a future for Pre3, Touchpad with ACL?
    By SeiGraph in forum Open webOS General Discussion
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 10/09/2012, 12:23 PM
  2. Mobile Wallet Roll Out Starts With Small Change
    By ilovedessert in forum The 'Off Topic' Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05/20/2011, 11:16 AM
  3. cannot find an app to open a pic??
    By visorhawk in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07/19/2010, 07:56 AM
  4. Replies: 131
    Last Post: 06/03/2010, 05:12 AM
  5. Side Kick 1. Unlock? T-mobile Only
    By SCP_DRUMS in forum Other OS's and Devices
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08/25/2006, 12:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions