Page 74 of 105 FirstFirst ... 24 646970717273747576777879 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
  1. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Thg, I'm pretty sure that the group is large enough between phoenix and openmobile that they are possibly capable of working on multiple tasks in parallel. :-)
    you think?

So why they are not able to give periodical updates about the current status, at least to the KickStart-bakers?

As I wrote not long, just one or two sentences.

And in addition I think, that they should stabilize the current version now, instead of adding more features to it. This can be planned for the next version, because otherwise they never will finish the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    you think?

So why they are not able to give periodical updates about the current status, at least to the KickStart-bakers?

As I wrote not long, just one or two sentences.

And in addition I think, that they should stabilize the current version now, instead of adding more features to it. This can be planned for the next version, because otherwise they never will finish the app.
    Hi there,

OpenMobile here! I just wanted to check in and assure you that we are absolutely monitoring this forum daily and reviewing your feedback with the OpenMobile team. The community has provided a lot of great feedback (for which we are grateful!), but it does take time to review and prioritize as we ramp up.

Again, I cannot thank you enough for providing your feedback, suggestions - keep it coming!

I will reach out as soon as I have updates or new information

Thanks
    Anita
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Anita, whilst your comments do indeed indicate you are monitoring this forum and I as well as everyone else am grateful, your comments don't actually address the issue of the lack of feedback.

It is great that you are here, but just saying you're here is not what we want. Thg mentioned that it does not take much to just give us a brief heads up on any progress, so how about it? What are you guys working on? App compatibility, stability, functionality, speed . . . Will there be an update in the next week or month? What can we expect?

Thanks

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by MikeN68; 11/06/2013 at 07:19 AM.
    wareagleben likes this.
    I think PIC should get some more status-updates out via kickstarter or mail or this forum whatever.
    At least we paid our money to them to deliver in july i think?

"...have set an aggressive development schedule to take it through the beta process and make it available for consumers to purchase and download to their Touchpads by July 2013."
    Now a preview is here, but wasn't it nearly ready for primetime - now since 1 month "nearly ready", but not much has changed since then other then repackaging by comments from community.

btw. xmas is nearer then you think and in december everything will be xtremely slow... so i see will all be waiting again for februrary to "think beyond" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    btw. xmas is nearer then you think ...
    ... and more people than we like get shiny new iPads or Android Tablets and have no more need or motivation to buy ACL.

"hear 'ye, hear 'ye, christmas is near 'ye" *ringing a bell*
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    ... and more people than we like get shiny new iPads or Android Tablets and have no more need or motivation to buy ACL.

"hear 'ye, hear 'ye, christmas is near 'ye" *ringing a bell*
    correcto-moondough, this is a scene right out of "internship" isn't it, or was this part cut out ?
    Hi there,
    OpenMobile here! Just wanted to let everyone know that the release of ACL for webOS is almost here! We are aiming to launch ACL for webOS early next week (I just do not want to give a definitive date and potentially let everyone down in the event engineering needs a bit more time to make ACL perfect!) Yay! Remember to use the OpenMobile AppMall catalog to get your apps. We have tested and validated these apps in the AppMall to ensure that they work on the webOS TouchPad! We want the best user experience for you.
    That being said, I would like to announce an important clarification as to what will be supported in this release (ACL 1.0). At the time of launch, ACL for webOS will support the webOS HP TouchPad 3.0.5. Not supported will be TouchPads with UberKernel, TouchPad Go, Veer, Pre3, Pre2, Pre+, and Pre. We are aware that a number of you were able to get beta ACL up and running on these non-supported devices, however in the newest release this will not be the case and OpenMobile will not support these devices.
    We understand these devices are extremely important to you and we are considering expanding supported ACL for webOS platforms, but we need some information from you before we start scoping out these additional platforms. Would you be kind enough to answer a couple of questions here: https://openmobileww.typeform.com/to/jAxGVn so we better understand the devices you own and actively use? We promise that it is short and simple!
    Thank you so very much for your interest in ACL for webOS. We are going to provide you with the best content that your TouchPad has ever seen, so please continue to use the OpenMobile AppMall catalog as your source of apps - we are adding new apps regularly so be sure to keep checking back. We hope that you are as excited as the OpenMobile team for the official release of ACL for webOS!
    Thank you,
    Anita
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    WTF?? No UberKernel support? Pretty certain that this was mentioned as a definite by PIC/OM after the beta/pre-release was available. Come on, surely it's a typo....
    Thanks for the update though - appreciated even if the content is going to get a lot of attention!.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    AnitaOM and Rnp like this.
    The original Kickstarter blurb was for HP Touchpad only it would appear, so the restriction with the new release to that device seems unsurprising.
    AnitaOM likes this.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    With all Error in original Kernel a lack of support for Uberkernel is a no go for me.
    AnitaOM likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnitaOM View Post
    That being said, I would like to announce an important clarification as to what will be supported in this release (ACL 1.0). At the time of launch, ACL for webOS will support the webOS HP TouchPad 3.0.5. Not supported will be TouchPads with UberKernel, TouchPad Go, Veer, Pre3, Pre2, Pre+, and Pre.

I hope not supported doesn't mean active blocking, as i can understand you don't want to give enduser support for not 100% tested configurations. But preventing an install on an ueberkernel TP device would be no go for most of the small webos user community which is only there because of those achievements of the dev-community. This will in the end just lead to hacking of your software and not selling any more.
    jxrxblanchard likes this.
    Ok ... Ueberkernel is a MUST. No point discussing it. As Gwidion pointed out, the original kernel is way too buggy.

I filled out your survey. First two Touchpads seemed to be tha same, so I checked both.

BTW @ Phoenix: your Forums are attracting spam. I mean, yes, I do like to dress warm on cold days, but I'ld rather not read about it in your Forums ...
    Take care of that please
    Last edited by Buddy1969; 11/08/2013 at 04:07 AM.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
  13. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi Anita,

thank you very much for the status update.

That being said, I would like to announce an important clarification as to what will be supported in this release (ACL 1.0).
    So you are not planing to release an other beta before releasing the 1.0?

Did you fixed all the bugs and other problems?

What is about license issues (killing the TP profile), incompatibilities with webOS apps, "smoothing" of the scrolling/zooming in Android-apps (not games, but browser, reader), "overall" lacking/blocking of TPs, location services (wifi/gps), ability to disable/enable ACL on the TP ...

Why didn't you send out short notes about it? This would have made all users very happy!

On one hand, I understand that you want to get it out as fast as possible, but on the other hand I'm not sure if it's ready enough for a release. The "problematic" experiences I made with ACL 0.6.0 had been using a TP-64 with 3.0.5, no LunaCE, no UberKernel. And because I made mostly the same experiences on my TP Go, I'm quite sure, that these where problems related to the unfinished ACL and not differences with the used hardware/software.

At the time of launch, ACL for webOS will support the webOS HP TouchPad 3.0.5. Not supported will be TouchPads with UberKernel, TouchPad Go, Veer, Pre3, Pre2, Pre+, and Pre. We are aware that a number of you were able to get beta ACL up and running on these non-supported devices, however in the newest release this will not be the case and OpenMobile will not support these devices.
    While it is a really wise decision to concentrate on only one device for the first version, I hope that you can, want and will extend this to other versions too, 3.0.5 with UberKernel and 3.0.5 on TP Go should not be an issue.

And I am absolutely fine, that you do not can and do not want to support other devices, but please don't even think on blocking them actively, the status quo of the current beta has to be remained!

Thanks a lot,

kind regards thg
  14. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    With all Error in original Kernel a lack of support for Uberkernel is a no go for me.
    I use my TP-64 every day, mostly the web-browser for reading news, sometimes to view PDFs and even watching short videos on YouTube or longer ones with Kalem.

From time to time I have to reboot the TP, but I never had real problems with it and I never had installed the UberKernel - just some patches to reduce the logging and add some new features to the gui.

So to be honor, personally I can not see, that the UberKernel might be a "no go" for some people, 3.0.5 is quite stable and not that bad.

For me, the biggest lack on webOS is a current web-browser and a good working PDF-reader, so I really, really hope to solve these "issues" with ACL.

One other app I hoped to get running with ACL needs Android 3.0+, but because I only need this on holidays, I have no problems to boot to CM9 to be able to use it.

For the last app I wanted to use ACL previously, I just bought the new GN7 and put it on there. While I'm not happy about the screen format and the OS, the new tablet is very light (100g less than my TP Go and BB PB) and thus good for what I need.

This app is running with ACL quite good, but without GPS it's completely useless, it is running on my PlayBook too (including GPS), but there I can not use the full version because of the not working PlayStore :-(

So I will wait for the 1.0, put it back on my TP-64 and will see if it's fine now and ready for daily use ...
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    Hi Anita,

Did you fixed all the bugs and other problems?

What is about license issues (killing the TP profile), incompatibilities with webOS apps, "smoothing" of the scrolling/zooming in Android-apps (not games, but browser, reader), "overall" lacking/blocking of TPs, location services (wifi/gps), ability to disable/enable ACL on the TP ...

Why didn't you send out short notes about it? This would have made all users very happy!
    I sure hope this new versions fix these problems. The current state of ACL is definitely not 1.0 worthy. Allmost daily I have the reboot my TP, because ACL messed up something in WebOS (sound gone, screen problems). Al lot of WebOS Apps are not working anymore (videoplayers, games). I keep my fingers crossed for next weeks version...
    Rnp likes this.
    Hi there,
    OpenMobile here! Just wanted to let everyone know that the release of ACL for webOS is almost here! We are aiming to launch ACL for webOS early next week (I just do not want to give a definitive date and potentially let everyone down in the event engineering needs a bit more time to make ACL perfect!) Yay! Remember to use the OpenMobile AppMall catalog to get your apps. We have tested and validated these apps in the AppMall to ensure that they work on the webOS TouchPad! We want the best user experience for you.
    That being said, I would like to announce an important clarification as to what will be supported in this release (ACL 1.0). At the time of launch, ACL for webOS will support the webOS HP TouchPad 3.0.5. Not supported will be TouchPads with UberKernel, TouchPad Go, Veer, Pre3, Pre2, Pre+, and Pre. We are aware that a number of you were able to get beta ACL up and running on these non-supported devices, however in the newest release this will not be the case and OpenMobile will not support these devices.
    We understand these devices are extremely important to you and we are considering expanding supported ACL for webOS platforms, but we need some information from you before we start scoping out these additional platforms. Would you be kind enough to answer a couple of questions here: https://openmobileww.typeform.com/to/jAxGVn so we better understand the devices you own and actively use? We promise that it is short and simple!
    Thank you so very much for your interest in ACL for webOS. We are going to provide you with the best content that your TouchPad has ever seen, so please continue to use the OpenMobile AppMall catalog as your source of apps - we are adding new apps regularly so be sure to keep checking back. We hope that you are as excited as the OpenMobile team for the official release of ACL for webOS!
    Thank you,
    Anita
    Anita,

I agree with the post above. I hope you folks fixed the sound issues with 1.0. I hate having to restart my TouchPad to get the sound back in webOS apps. I hope that you fixed the issues with some webOS apps not running while ACL is running, namely Kalemsoft Media Player and both versions of Sparkle. I hope you fixed the issue with licensed Android apps like n7player, Swiftkey, and PowerAmp constantly asking for proof of licensing even with the license installed. I hope you fixed the issues with Google Play Services not working so we can use Google + and Google Hangouts. I hope you guys give us the ability to turn ACL off and on instead of having it autostart. I have no issues with you not supporting UberKernel on version 1.x, as long as we can still install and run ACL if we chose so with UberKernel. BTW, I've been running my Touchpad for almost two weeks now without UberKernel. The TouchPad runs smooth and ACL runs smooth so I may not install UK for a while.

I appreciate being able to beta test ACL. I wish you guys would put out more patches and updates to the beta before releasing 1.0.
    Last edited by k4ever; 11/08/2013 at 07:46 AM.
    Hi All,

Happy Friday!!!

I am currently in a meeting with the OpenMobile team and we completely understand you want the UberKernel to be supported for ACL for webOS. We are trying to gauge interest in UberKernel and other platforms so we can prioritize them for potential future release. Would you be kind enough to complete this super short survey here: https://openmobileww.typeform.com/to/jAxGVn so we better understand the devices you own and actively use?

Thank you!
    Anita
    Hi there,

Anita here! One last post I promise If you want the latest news and updates for #ACLforwebOS? Sign up now and get the information from the source! I'm interested in ACL for webOS!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    I completed the survey. I understand if the TouchPad Go isn't officially supported but I'll be very disappointed if the compatibility fixes that were applied to the last few preview versions were taken out so it won't install and function on the Go.

As a lesser priority I of course would love to see it running on webOS 2.2.4. It might be enough for me to switch back to my Pre3 full time which would be amazing.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)