Page 73 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
  1. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    As far as it is, is there an update under construction?
    I really hope that an update is on it's way.

I've got no special issue, but I want to, if I should wait with further experiments on my Touchpad Go ;-)
    I have some "special" issues and the are so "special" that I deactivated ACL on my TP-64 and my Go.

One thing is the the "lagging" of webOS from time to time when ACL apps have been started, an other is, that some webOS apps are not working at all (f.ex. Kalem VideoPlayer) and other behave not always normal.

And in additon, my favored web-browser Firefox, that only runs with ACL (and main reason for getting ACL), can not yet replace the stock webOS browser, because starting needs too long, scrolling/zooming is not smooth and it can not be enabled as default-webOS browser right now.

So I'm waiting for the 0.7.x where OM hopefully has fixed some of the issues and hopefully has enabled location services too.

And please: Add an option to disable ACL autostart and to unload and restart it. This could "solve" some problems and would make life really easier!
    Gwidion and cbosdell like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Big problem here remains the coloured band across the top of the screen in landscape - but I seem to be the only one seeing that? Any ideas what could cause it? Only a few apps don't have it.
    Thanks for the feedback! Is there any way that you could share with us an image of the issue and send it to support@openmobileww.com? We'll have our team investigate and have it resolved as soon as possible!

.......... We're glad to hear that you found an app that suits your needs! Would you mind sharing with us the names of the apps you tried that didn't work? Thanks for the feedback!
    The coloured band issue seems to have gone away. Maybe it only happens when an app is first installed, and / or pending a reboot. I'll raise it again if it seems to be an ongoing problem, otherwise take it as resolved.

Apps that didn't work... well, yes, although I have posted reams of apps that do work, it would be more useful to point out problems rather than successes. Give me a day or so and I'll try to point out some that are less successful. But right away, I'd point to the Rdio app - although I thought initially that it was working well, it's actually pretty unstable on the Touchpad - tends to crash if the device is rotated, or if I bring up my collection of albums, and so on. I suspect it is a demanding app in terms of graphics etc. Whether it is readily testable by someone who doesn't have an established Rdio account I don't know. The other app which illustrates the problem with network access is BubbleUPnP - this can only "see" audio files on the Touchpad itself, not those on UPnP servers on my network. Again, how easily this can be tested I don't know. I'd also mention "Windows Media Center Control" - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...haar.MCC&hl=en - which can see my Windows Media Center servers if I type in their addresses, and the app then works, but it constantly throws up errors concerning wireless not being turned on, as presumably it see wireless as having an "off" status even though it's accessing the network. Again, hard to test unless you have the whole setup running.
    Amazon prime is apparently no longer supporting android devices although it supports idevices still.
    I was able to get it to work on a cm10.1 rom with the standard browser but only in full screen. Curious if people can get it to work with ACL.

ps can't wait until we get an openwebos version on the android side of the touchpad as I miss webOS, just can't use the browser now for what I need.
  4. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Nothing new here? No Anita?

Would be great to get some answers, some progress update or any other news.

Thanks a lot,

thg
    AnitaOM likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Howie,

I believe what OM needs is a partnership with Google to sell/host apps from the Play Store also. The main reason I want the Play Store to work on ACL is that I have bought a ton of apps from the Play Store. It makes no sense financially to buy the same application from your store, even if it was available. The beauty of Android is that I only have to buy apps once and I can use them with every subsequent Android device that I purchase. I have no issue with buying new apps from your store or sequels to apps that I already have. I just have a big issue which purchasing the same app twice. Also, your selection doesn't have any of the top Android apps.

Make it so I can get the apps that I legally purchased from the Play Store in your store without paying extra and give me some top Android titles and I will buy from your store.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
    Hi k4ever -

Thanks for your suggestion. Not having to pay again for the same apps you've already purchased via Google Play is something I have thought a lot about. As a user myself I want that same ability, and as a product manager I want to ensure that I do the right thing for my users/customers. However, it is a complicated topic. At this time (and for the foreseeable future), OpenMobile can not distribute Google Play as part of ACL, and as a result there is *currently* no way to provide for free the apps you've already bought in Google Play without violating software copyright and anti-piracy laws. Please note that this issue exists even on Android devices with Google Play: There is no way to transfer purchases between two different Google Play accounts. (And yes, I understand the difference; you are asking to be able to sign in to the same Google account.)

It is not clear to me if there is a perfect analogy to use here. If you switched from iOS to Android, or from PC to Mac (or vice-versa), you would have to purchase new licenses to the same apps you already bought, even though they are from the same developer who theoretically already sold you a license to the app, just through another store. I realize of course that in the case of ACL you expect to get that license for free because, well, it is Android (based on AOSP, actually); but it is still a different platform and from a different store. You also can't (legally) get your Google Play apps onto an Amazon Kindle, even though that is Android (also AOSP). (Despite what you may be able to do by hacking the device.) I hope you understand that as a company - especially as a software company - OpenMobile must abide by the governing copyright and software anti-piracy laws. Remember, developers are trusting us with their intellectual property and we have to do the right thing by them as well.

All of that said, there may still be a way to accomplish the goal here in a legal fashion, albeit in a slightly different manner than you've suggested. Hypothetically speaking: OpenMobile could try to get permission from specific app developers and/or our app store partners to allow our ACL and AppMall users such as yourself to "share" their app license(s) between their multiple platforms or devices for no additional app payment, or possibly a reduced-cost payment. However, in order for this to work we would have to be able to verify your prior ownership of an app. Doing so might involve users somehow granting "permission" for OpenMobile to be able to audit what you've purchased via Google Play. Hypothetically, would you allow us to do that? Do you think other users would allow us to do it? To be clear, those are not rhetorical questions: I'm sincerely interested in your thoughts and feelings on the topic.

I realize that the above is probably not the answer you'd like to hear, but it is the reality of the situation right now. I will continue to try to find a viable solution that addresses the needs and desires of users such as yourself, our app developers, and our app store partners..

Finally, to answer your specific question about the content in the AppMall: We are working hard to get additional "top apps" into the AppMall. If there are specific apps you would like, please let me know. If we have access to them via a partner I will prioritize for you their validation and inclusion; if not, I will ask our Content Team to try to source the apps from the developers. And, if you know any developers whose apps you would like to see in the AppMall, please feel free to suggest they sign up via this link: OpenMobile | Enabling Android Apps on non-Android Platforms

Thanks so much and have a great weekend!
    Howie
    Cyanongenmod, has that same issue...

They can not deploy a load with Google Market/Play installed, however, they can use another process to do the same as we are requesting...

(Which I have already documented in another thread)...

Google market and Amazon apps for ACL

Sideload the GAPPS into the ACL...

Not sure if you have even install CM7/9/10 on the Touchpad, but the base install does not have an APP Store, however, they have produced a zip file which contains the GAPPS separately.

What we would be asking if for you to create a procedure that would allow CM7 GAPPS to work correctly on your build, you do not have to include them, just allow the GAPPS market to install and work 100% (tested), one can replace a lot of system/app components and figure out what is missing wrong with your existing build.

For now we do have a method of sideloading/installing the Google Market, although it is not working with Paid apps (because of the missing components, I am guessing)...
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Back to Main topic. I've had stop testing ACL because it is not any longer usable for me.
    Always when I tried to start an App my TouchPad it restart.
    I will make a backup of my device and rebuild it by 0.
    Perhaps I'll waiting for a new version of ACL before I install ACL again.
  8. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi Anita,

it is very nice and pleasant that you "like" several posts in this forum, so we know that you/PIC/OM are aware about what people are thinking and writing.

But it would be much nicer and even more pleasant, if you or s.b. else could give us some answers, some progress update or any other news according the current status of ACL.

As you can read, some of "us" already had to uninstall/disable the current version (0.6.0) of ACL, because it "disrupts" the normal use of the TouchPad too much.

So again, please tell us the current status of ACL, where you see problems, what you are trying to fix, which features/functions are "out of focus" for this version and even the things where your developer(s) think that there is no solution for.

Thanks a lot,

thg
    Quote Originally Posted by AnitaOM View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! ACL supports the Android keyboard, not webOS. Our support team would like to hear more about the issues you're currently having: please email support@openmobileww.com with more information and we'll follow up with you soon!
    Right. Sometimes after usage of ACL apps, the webOS keyboard stops working though. No idea how that's even possible.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    MikeN68 likes this.
    I would like to give Phoenix some kudos here - there has been more activity on WebOSNation in the past couple of weeks than there has been for a long time!

I also applaud all of those who are working with Phoenix to get ACL working smoothly. I have had limited success, but I am encouraged. I see ACL (when it is fully functional) as a way to keep my webOS devices going for a much longer time.

In the meantime I will still keep dual-booting between webOS and CM9. I use them both regularly and look forward to the day when they might be together.

Thanks, Phoenix! And thanks especially for keeping on when vocal minorities tried to discredit and discourage you. We who are supportive want to see you succeed.
    Hello Everyone,

at phxdevices.com we have recently opened up a ACL Applications section showing all of the different type of applicatiosn you can run on your TouchPad using ACL.

The great thing about this is that we realize we can't name every application ourselves so we have made it possible for all of you to openly submit your own Application Reviews and how each app runs.

ACL Applications Reviews
    --> here you can see the reviews that our members have actually done (use the just type! field to search one in particular)
    As well your future reviews will appear there!

If you are interested in submitting your own application reviews and comments, please check out our helpful "how to" guide by going here:

Follow the guidelines to write your review HERE!

And... CREATE YOUR OWN REVIEW HERE!

All your reviews will also appear on our ACL Documentation Enyo App! So... What do you think??

If all possible, we would really like everyones reviews and comments on the ACL applications on phxdevices.com. This will allow us to constnatly follow how each application works and give comments back to OpenMobile without having to check multiple forums.

Dan - PIC
    Last edited by DMeister; 11/03/2013 at 12:15 PM.
    webOS Italia Community Manager

User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad
    Rnp likes this.
    Wouldn't it be pretty easy for Phoenix to add that disclaimer to every review displayed rather than asking users to include it? Seems like an unnecessary thing to ask when it could be easily programmed into the site.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  13. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi Dan,

Quote Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
    If all possible, we would really like everyones reviews and comments on the ACL applications on phxdevices.com. This will allow us to constnatly follow how each application works
    while that sounds quite good, I thing OM should fix and enhance the "base" from ACL first, before beginning to support even more apps with ACL.

There is still "some" work to do, until it can be used with the apps already working every day.

And again (and again, ...) it would be really "nice" to get short updates from PIC or OM about the current status of ACL. This don't have to be long posts, just one sentence with "next update in the works, fixed this and that, but still some problems with what ever ...". This needs 5 minutes per day and could be posted at KickStarter, in the OM-forum or preferable here in this forum.

And even if the project got stuck, because there is an unsolvable problem, or you have to sell more licenses/need an other sponsor to pay the developer, or what ever, tell this to the community. Bad news are better than no news and after bad news, normally good news are following too.

Honest and open communication are two "key-features" for software projects like ACL from PIC/OM, otherwise they will fail because of user acceptance.

and give comments back to OpenMobile without having to check multiple forums.
    Which "multiple" forums?

I would say, that there is one forum worldwide, with exactly one thread about apps that are running or not:

ACL app list-post your results here!

Right now, with the current version I will not do any further tests, if the next beta of ACL will be released by OM, I'm happy to check the status of the apps I already tried again and I will update my post in the above named list.

Not sure if I find time to add them into your web form, this is just "uncomfortable" for me.

Thanks a lot,

kind regards,

thg
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Hey Derek Kesler how about a post on WebOSNations about all this new WebOS activity, it would be a nice moral booster

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    The webOS Nation folks are a bit hushhush on their silence on the mainpage. It's not a replacement but checkout pivotce.com.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Thg, I'm pretty sure that the group is large enough between phoenix and openmobile that they are possibly capable of working on multiple tasks in parallel. :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Alan Morford and hulickr like this.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    so... I've finally gotten around to install the beta and after multiple reboots, I can't get past the activation screen. Is there some way remove all the leftover android app icons after ACL is uninstalled?
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Don't activate! Which version are you using - the current is 0.6.0-5.

There were issues with the initial beta/pre-release version, that caused some activation issues but I thought those had been ironed out . . . Probably best to get on the PIC forum to advise them if you have issues with 0.6.0-5
    Quote Originally Posted by kryk11 View Post
    hey, is there any chance to get that ACL somehow?
    can't find any info about that where i can download or buy it..
    greetings
    anyone please
    hey, is there any chance to get that ACL somehow?
    can't find any info about that where i can download or buy it..
    greetings
    anyone please
    It has only been released for beta testers and those who jumped in on the Kickstarter campaign. You can pre-order the app on the following page: OpenMobile | Enabling Android Apps on non-Android Platforms
    AnitaOM likes this.