Page 72 of 105 FirstFirst ... 22 626768697071727374757677 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    Success with browsing my home network from the TouchPad - there's an app called "File Expert HD" which has a "tools" tab and a network tab within that, and that finds all the devices on my network and allows me to browse the shared folders and play media from them - after a fashion (usual problems with audio video sync, and music seems limited to playing one track at a time). Why this one works and no others (that I have tried) don't is a mystery.
    We're glad to hear that you found an app that suits your needs! Would you mind sharing with us the names of the apps you tried that didn't work? Thanks for the feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    Big problem here remains the coloured band across the top of the screen in landscape - but I seem to be the only one seeing that? Any ideas what could cause it? Only a few apps don't have it.
    Thanks for the feedback! Is there any way that you could share with us an image of the issue and send it to support@openmobileww.com? We'll have our team investigate and have it resolved as soon as possible!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I have tried several different versions of market. I've installed googleservices perfectly every time but have yet to successfully install onetimeinitialize. Each time though I proceed to install vending and reboot. I've successfully added my google account several times but only entered the market to see apps once. It crashed after selecting an app to install and never worked again. I'm reaching my wits end here. Does anyone have it working and if so please share with the rest of us.
    Thanks for the feedback! Right now, these services are outside the scope of ACL. We have a variety of of apps available to you in the OpenMobile AppMall catalog (and are adding more apps frequently!), all of which have undergone rigorous testing and are OpenMobile-verified! We suggest browsing in the AppMall for apps that can suit your needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    Hi AnitaOM,

while this is the first "official" post since long time from OM, I do not expect that there will be any more frequent activity by OM here.

Anyway I hope that you and/or your devs still are monitoring this forum/thread, because I would not expect that all people from here will move over to the OM-forum!

Thanks a lot, keep on going,

thg
    Thanks for the input! We monitor all ACL-related forums, but please understand that we are prioritizing the requests on the PIC website, so issues addressed here (or anywhere else) may take a bit longer for us to address.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    So there is no keyboard that comes with acl? I don't see myself installing one of these 3rd party apps that capture all data, blec

Edit so there is keyboard but it is crappy?
    ACL uses the stock Android keyboard.
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Maybe [member='teckiegirl'] could edit the first post to point to the forum as first aid point and to inform readers that OM Mall is the best loading point for apps (as well as pointing users to the intro app that's available)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I agree with this for now as it looks like the comments are all in this thread, so easy to monitor. Also I would like mobile nations to get good site traffic from webos as reward for their commitment. Open mobile has been flaky in the past whereas mobile nations has been stable.
    Thanks for the input! We monitor all ACL-related forums, but please understand that we are prioritizing the requests on the PIC website, so issues addressed here (or anywhere else) may take a bit longer for us to address.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnitaOM View Post
    Just realize 90% of the items are being reported here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Just realize 90% of the items are being reported here.
    its not as if ACL is available for any other platform, if it were then yeah a central site for everyone would make sense, however its just us here and nowhere else tbh.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Sorry your App Mall to me is not an app store, it seem to be a copyright infringement App, it is a collection of apps you have tested on ACL (so you have stated in this thread):

OpenMobile | Enabling Android Apps on non-Android Platforms

Quote: "an App superstore aggregating Apps from independent App stores around the globe"

Do the developers even know you have their apps? Did they submit them? What is the benefit to them? What about their copyrighted material? Who has rights to their APK's, are you allowed to re-distribute them? So many questions, so little answers....

I consider you App Mall illegal and against copyright holders, until you prove to me that it is legal, I will continue to assist others to remove it, and replace it with a legal App Store like Google Market/Google Play.

At least with Google I know the App Store is legal and supported by Google and the developers.
    this is where we come full circle back to near the start of this thread and several others.
    PIC Kick Starts the TouchPad with Open Mobile ACL
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Sorry your App Mall to me is not an app store, it seem to be a copyright infringement App, it is a collection of apps you have tested on ACL (so you have stated in this thread):

Quote: "an App superstore aggregating Apps from independent App stores around the globe"

Do the developers even know you have their apps? Did they submit them? What is the benefit to them? What about their copyrighted material? Who has rights to their APK's, are you allowed to re-distribute them? So many questions, so little answers....
    I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here - the answers you're looking for actually do appear a bit further down the page you've linked to:

"Debuting at CES 2013 (LVCC, South Hall 4 – Booth 35458), OpenMobile’s AppMall has partnered with highly reputable content companies and distributors in the world to deliver premium content as well as the best free applications. Today, the OpenMobile AppMall supports English and US$, while future AppMall versions will support transactions in many languages and currencies."
    hmhecht and AnitaOM like this.

I consider you App Mall illegal and against copyright holders, until you prove to me that it is legal, I will continue to assist others to remove it, and replace it with a legal App Store like Google Market/Google Play.

At least with Google I know the App Store is legal and supported by Google and the developers.
    Hi John,

Thanks for posting and for keeping an eye out for developers and their intellectual property. I'm the Director of Product Management and Content Platforms from OpenMobile and the AppMall is my responsibility.

I want you to know that OpenMobile does in fact have the rights to every app that is in the AppMall thanks to the hard work of our Content Team. Their primary responsibility is to source content to continue to grow our AppMall catalog. I personally, and OpenMobile as a company, take software and app piracy very seriously and do everything we can to ensure that all of the content in the AppMall is both legitimate and safe for our end users. In addition, all apps in the AppMall are tested and validated to work on ACL-enabled devices.

OpenMobile has two types of arrangements for apps that are in the AppMall:

1. OpenMobile has in place a direct relationship including legal agreements with developers who have chosen to include their app(s) in the AppMall catalog. In fact, if you are a developer you may sign up to have your app validated for inclusion in the AppMall as well: OpenMobile | Enabling Android Apps on non-Android Platforms . Whenever a developer signs up, our Content Team thoroughly vets them to ensure that they are the rightful owner of the app(s) they submit.

2. OpenMobile also has in place legal agreements with various app distributors and app stores who provide apps in bulk to the AppMall. We call these entities our app store partners. We have verified that each of our partners has from developers the full rights to distribute their apps to us and that we in turn have the rights to distribute the apps to our users. To reiterate this: All of our partners have verified agreements with their app developers which allows them to redistribute the apps to other channels such as the AppMall. And it doesn't end there: When an AppMall user downloads an app, the transaction gets reported to the supplying partner so they can increment the download count that their developers see. And of course, when apps are purchased in the AppMall, the developer is due their share. So, OpenMobile transfers funds to the supplying partner so they can pay the developer their agreed upon share.

Again, I very much appreciate you concern on behalf of the developers and their intellectual property; but please rest assured that all of the content in the AppMall is legitimate. In addition, I'd like you to know that as a result of your concern we will be putting a note directly into the AppMall client (likely on the "About" page) stating that OpenMobile does have the rights to distribute all content, either via distribution partners or from the developers themselves - so that this is clear to everyone.

I hope I've answered your concern. If you have any additional concerns or questions, please feel free to reach back out here. Or, if you'd like to speak directly then please private message me and we can arrange a time to do so.

Thank you,
    Howie
    lansing likes this.
    Thanks Howie. Can you confirm my understanding that apps in the the App Mall are stored in and downloaded from the App Mall, and not from the sourced app partner?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    hmhecht likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Thanks Howie. Can you confirm my understanding that apps in the the App Mall are stored in and downloaded from the App Mall, and not from the sourced app partner?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Hi Matt,

Actually, our Content Team has two different types of arrangements with app store partners/distributors. In some cases, we have the rights to hold and directly distribute apps to our AppMall users; In other cases, we do not have said rights and the AppMall provides a link back to the sourcing partner to get the app itself. (We call that "partner hosted"). In both cases we do have the rights to host the metadata and to be the point of sale from which the user initiates the transaction, whether it is a free app or a paid app.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks,
    Howie
    I think so. It sounds like directly distributed apps would be hosted by OM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hmhecht View Post
    Hi Matt,

Actually, our Content Team has two different types of arrangements with app store partners/distributors. In some cases, we have the rights to hold and directly distribute apps to our AppMall users; In other cases, we do not have said rights and the AppMall provides a link back to the sourcing partner to get the app itself. (We call that "partner hosted"). In both cases we do have the rights to host the metadata and to be the point of sale from which the user initiates the transaction, whether it is a free app or a paid app.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks,
    Howie
    Howie,

I believe what OM needs is a partnership with Google to sell/host apps from the Play Store also. The main reason I want the Play Store to work on ACL is that I have bought a ton of apps from the Play Store. It makes no sense financially to buy the same application from your store, even if it was available. The beauty of Android is that I only have to buy apps once and I can use them with every subsequent Android device that I purchase. I have no issue with buying new apps from your store or sequels to apps that I already have. I just have a big issue which purchasing the same app twice. Also, your selection doesn't have any of the top Android apps.

Make it so I can get the apps that I legally purchased from the Play Store in your store without paying extra and give me some top Android titles and I will buy from your store.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hmhecht View Post
    Quote Edited to shorten length...

Thanks for posting and for keeping an eye out for developers and their intellectual property. I'm the Director of Product Management and Content Platforms from OpenMobile and the AppMall is my responsibility.

I want you to know that OpenMobile does in fact have the rights to every app that is in the AppMall thanks to the hard work of our Content Team. Their primary responsibility is to source content to continue to grow our AppMall catalog. I personally, and OpenMobile as a company, take software and app piracy very seriously and do everything we can to ensure that all of the content in the AppMall is both legitimate and safe for our end users. In addition, all apps in the AppMall are tested and validated to work on ACL-enabled devices.

I hope I've answered your concern. If you have any additional concerns or questions, please feel free to reach back out here. Or, if you'd like to speak directly then please private message me and we can arrange a time to do so.

Thank you,
    Howie
    Howie, thanks for answering, I am glad you cleared that up, I am glad you are updating the APP Mall to clearly present the rights of the developers...

But also remember as a Developer I know what I am getting paid, as a User (with webOS we knew how much the partner/developer split was), with your App Mall the user might not know how much the developer is getting vs how much the partner/distributer are getting...

If I compare your App Mall prices to Googles to Amazons, to GetJars, to etc... would it be comparable? As a users I am always looking for the lowest price, but I also want to make sure the Developer also gets paid the right price.

I am also concerned about the payment options, Credit card, credits (gift cards), what options are available and how is the data retained secured.

Thanks again for answering, and sorry for being a little pushy concerning copyright and infringement rights, but as a Developer we need to watch out for each other...
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    i rather like the keyboard in portrait mode, however in landscape mode, it needs help, bad.
    I've also had some issues with Android somehow disabling the webOS keyboard.. which overall, is really quite weird, considering that in 3.0.5, the keyboard is actually part of sysmgr, and should always work unless it thinks there's a bluetooth keyboard.

It'd be nice if the new Google Keyboard works on it, but I haven't had a chance to try to dig it up and give it a look yet. That might be 4.0 only.
    Thanks for the feedback! ACL supports the Android keyboard, not webOS. Our support team would like to hear more about the issues you're currently having: please email support@openmobileww.com with more information and we'll follow up with you soon!
    Howie, thanks for answering, I am glad you cleared that up, I am glad you are updating the APP Mall to clearly present the rights of the developers...

But also remember as a Developer I know what I am getting paid, as a User (with webOS we knew how much the partner/developer split was), with your App Mall the user might not know how much the developer is getting vs how much the partner/distributer are getting...

If I compare your App Mall prices to Googles to Amazons, to GetJars, to etc... would it be comparable? As a users I am always looking for the lowest price, but I also want to make sure the Developer also gets paid the right price.

I am also concerned about the payment options, Credit card, credits (gift cards), what options are available and how is the data retained secured.

Thanks again for answering, and sorry for being a little pushy concerning copyright and infringement rights, but as a Developer we need to watch out for each other...
    Hi John,

You're welcome. You raised some valid concerns and I am glad I had the opportunity to address and satisfy them. I was sincere when I thanked you for keeping an eye out on behalf of developers. After all, OpenMobile is in the software industry as well!

Let me address your additional concerns here:

1. Regarding developer payments: The OpenMobile relationship with a partner app store or distributor should not change the financial agreement that a developer has with said partner. If a developer was receiving 70% of net revenue from one of our partner app stores before being distributed to OpenMobile, that is what they should receive afterwards as well - as long as that is what the developer's agreement with our partner says. (I certainly can't speak for every possible agreement, though.)

Please bear with me while I put on my marketing hat for a moment here and add that ACL enables the apps from these developers to work on devices never before reachable or compatible, so the net result (no pun intended) should always be additional installs, users, sales, revenue, etc.

2. Regarding app pricing: OpenMobile carries through the price of each app from our app store partner who supplied the app. In the case of a direct developer relationship, the developer sets the price of their app in the AppMall. So, assuming the developer sets their prices equally in all stores in which they list their app(s), the price of said app(s) in the AppMall should be the same as you'll find elsewhere.

Putting on my marketing hat again: This means that in the AppMall you're going to get the best price for apps that are validated to work on ACL-powered devices. And we're adding quality content as quickly as possible so that you can find everything you want in one place.

3. In terms of the transaction security: We have chosen PayPal's as the AppMall's credit card processor, largely because of their stature in the industry and their security-conscious approach. In addition, part of our reasoning with this was due to PayPal's special micro-transaction rate, among the best/lowest in the industry - which is best for OpenMobile, our partners, and of course developers. In order to be compliant we do not store nor retain credit cards in our system - ever; they merely temporarily pass through our APIs to PayPal's APIs in an always-encrypted fashion. Future purchases are enabled via encrypted and authenticated tokens from the processor (PayPal) and do not rely on the credit cards.

Hopefully I've answered your questions. I'm going to suggest to our support team that they consider some of the above for our support FAQs.

Thanks so much, and please keep the questions coming. (As if this group needed encouragement...!) I love hearing from customers, users, and developers and use every opportunity to improve our products!

Best,
    Howie
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    A little thanks to Howie and Anita for their engagement at this place. :-)
    As far as it is, is there an update under construction?
    I've got no special issue, but I want to, if I should wait with further experiments on my Touchpad Go ;-)
    hmhecht, NoFaker76 and AnitaOM like this.