Page 68 of 105 FirstFirst ... 18 586364656667686970717273 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I assume rooting and tweaking build.prop will get this done. Situation with CM9 on the TP was comparable.
    Big problem here remains the coloured band across the top of the screen in landscape - but I seem to be the only one seeing that? Any ideas what could cause it? Only a few apps don't have it.
    Success with browsing my home network from the TouchPad - there's an app called "File Expert HD" which has a "tools" tab and a network tab within that, and that finds all the devices on my network and allows me to browse the shared folders and play media from them - after a fashion (usual problems with audio video sync, and music seems limited to playing one track at a time). Why this one works and no others (that I have tried) don't is a mystery.

I got ES File Explorer to recognize my NFS drive after some tinkering (just entered the IP address and log in information instead of full path to folder I wanted to view). Now I can play videos off of my wifidisk. ES File Explorer is a lot more easier to use and more capable then AirStor.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I have tried several different versions of market. I've installed googleservices perfectly every time but have yet to successfully install onetimeinitialize. Each time though I proceed to install vending and reboot. I've successfully added my google account several times but only entered the market to see apps once. It crashed after selecting an app to install and never worked again. I'm reaching my wits end here. Does anyone have it working and if so please share with the rest of us.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Help! Did anyone had a problem losing the Data Connection on their CM10 side after installing ACL?
    I installed ACL over the weekend and now I have problems connecting to Data over mobile? No me parece que uno cause problema con el otro ya que no estan interactuando, pero lo encuentro curioso. Mas sin embargo, Data sobre WebOS funciona bien, es solo cuando cambio a CM10 que no funciona la Data
    Global Posts
    778 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I have tried several different versions of market. I've installed googleservices perfectly every time but have yet to successfully install onetimeinitialize. Each time though I proceed to install vending and reboot. I've successfully added my google account several times but only entered the market to see apps once. It crashed after selecting an app to install and never worked again. I'm reaching my wits end here. Does anyone have it working and if so please share with the rest of us.
    I have had the limited Market running persistently since my first install under ACL 0.6.0-3. When I decided to uninstall and update ACL last night I also decided to remove Market and re-install trying the different Android 2.3.x versions hoping for an improvement...

After uninstalling ACL (with WOSQI) and updating to 0.6.0-5, I had problems getting the Market to work with apks from each official Android 2.3.x GApps from Google Apps - RootzWiki

However, I was successful using the apks from the link provided previously by John at PIC Kick Starts the TouchPad with Open Mobile ACL

I believe the issue is related to the "signing" of the apks.

I followed the installation procedure at How to install Android Market 3.1.3 and google apps (no root req) | ARCTABLET NEWS hoping for a functional improvement in the Market but without luck.

I suspect that if PIC can modify ACL to use the build prop etc. of a Nexus 10 (which my CM9 16GB touchpad is identified as with USB connection) rather than a phone version, then we may see better market compatibility. Building in root access and a Superuser app as done for custom ROMs would also be awesome...

Additionally, remember to reboot after installing Android apps but before executing as per ACL requirements. Also, tried Gmail but it fails being stuck on syncing...
    Last edited by eKeith; 10/23/2013 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Additional Comments:
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  7. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    Big problem here remains the coloured band across the top of the screen in landscape - but I seem to be the only one seeing that? Any ideas what could cause it? Only a few apps don't have it.
    this is the background that is shining through, because the titlebar is not fully shown.

For me this is only a minor, more cosmetic problem.
    eKeith likes this.
    Hey there webOS community!

First off, THANK YOU to all of our Preview Release testers so very much for all of your enthusiasm and support in helping the OpenMobile and Phoenix teams make ACL for webOS the best it can become! We have been actively monitoring this webOS Nation forum day in and day out, making note and addressing all your feedback and challenges that you’ve expressed. These webOS Nation forums are famous for users helping users get answers to their questions or sharing tips and tricks on the latest and greatest webOS technology.

If you have a question or challenge that you would like someone from the ACL for webOS team to address, we ask that you please post it in the Phoenix Help Forum instead of webOS Nation forums. There are different categories to post under so that we can ensure you the most relevant answers to your questions. The Phoenix Help Forum can be found here: http://phxdevices.com/forum/58

We’ve also LOVED the positive feedback and are excited to highlight some of your positive vibes in our upcoming marketing communications… how does 15 minutes of fame sound to you?! Don’t worry, we’ll let you know if we’re featuring your comment!

Keep the comments coming. Keep the feedback flowing. And post those questions on the Phoenix forums to get answers in the most timely manner. THANK YOU to all!

Cheers,
    The OpenMobile Team
    Yeah, I must get signed up over there. Obviously it's much easier and more time efficient for the developers to be monitoring their own forum than hunting round the net for mentions and problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    this is the background that is shining through, because the titlebar is not fully shown.

For me this is only a minor, more cosmetic problem.
    it happens to normal pdk games/etc, i notice it alot when swiping fullscreen apps left/right using lunaCE, had it happen other times from just regular use, so that ones not ACL's fault, seems pretty common imho.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  11. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Yeah, I must get signed up over there.
    well, unfortunately an other forum, an other login, one more tab to be opened in my browser.

I am not really happy about all the millions of single forums around the world, especially if you have several interests. I still prefer just using the news-groups: simple, plain text, one reader, one login, ... but unfortunately not common anymore :-(

Obviously it's much easier and more time efficient for the developers to be monitoring their own forum than hunting round the net for mentions and problems.
    I think that there are exactly two places they have to monitor: the KickStarter comments and this thread at webOS Nation.

It is correct that you can split the discussion better in an own forum, but there would have been ways to do this here too. I think it was not a good decision to move away from here and create an own forum, there are just not enough users.
    Rnp and netwrkr9 like this.
  12. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi AnitaOM,

Quote Originally Posted by AnitaOM View Post
    Keep the comments coming. Keep the feedback flowing. And post those questions on the Phoenix forums to get answers in the most timely manner. THANK YOU to all!
    while this is the first "official" post since long time from OM, I do not expect that there will be any more frequent activity by OM here.

Anyway I hope that you and/or your devs still are monitoring this forum/thread, because I would not expect that all people from here will move over to the OM-forum!

Thanks a lot, keep on going,

thg
    Rnp and AnitaOM like this.
    How about posting problems over there and possible (hot)fixes here
    Mutoidi and renater like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    I've installed Swiftkey tablet. A very decent keyboard which also supports swypes and does word predicts. It does cost 4 bucks in the Amazon market and is not for the faint at heart regarding privacy. It captures every key you type and does analyses of it :-O
    So there is no keyboard that comes with acl? I don't see myself installing one of these 3rd party apps that capture all data, blec

Edit so there is keyboard but it is crappy?
    Last edited by bluenote; 10/24/2013 at 08:23 AM.
    well, unfortunately an other forum, an other login, one more tab to be opened in my browser.

I am not really happy about all the millions of single forums around the world, especially if you have several interests. I still prefer just using the news-groups: simple, plain text, one reader, one login, ... but unfortunately not common anymore :-(

I think that there are exactly two places they have to monitor: the KickStarter comments and this thread at webOS Nation.

It is correct that you can split the discussion better in an own forum, but there would have been ways to do this here too. I think it was not a good decision to move away from here and create an own forum, there are just not enough users.
    I agree with this for now as it looks like the comments are all in this thread, so easy to monitor. Also I would like mobile nations to get good site traffic from webos as reward for their commitment. Open mobile has been flaky in the past whereas mobile nations has been stable.
  16. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    So there is no keyboard that comes with acl? I don't see myself installing one of these 3rd party apps that capture all data, blec
    I have big issues with this too, but using a keyboard that does not need internet access, should be fine.

Sure there is a keyboard, it is the stock Android 2.3 keyboard and it is absolutely crappy!
    I have big issues with this too, but using a keyboard that does not need internet access, should be fine.

Sure there is a keyboard, it is the stock Android 2.3 keyboard and it is absolutely crappy!
    i rather like the keyboard in portrait mode, however in landscape mode, it needs help, bad.
    I've also had some issues with Android somehow disabling the webOS keyboard.. which overall, is really quite weird, considering that in 3.0.5, the keyboard is actually part of sysmgr, and should always work unless it thinks there's a bluetooth keyboard.

It'd be nice if the new Google Keyboard works on it, but I haven't had a chance to try to dig it up and give it a look yet. That might be 4.0 only.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    If you have a question or challenge that you would like someone from the ACL for webOS team to address, we ask that you please post it in the Phoenix Help Forum instead of webOS Nation forums. There are different categories to post under so that we can ensure you the most relevant answers to your questions. The Phoenix Help Forum can be found here: Preview | PIC - Phoenix International Communications
    I posted my issue with Zinio there 4 days ago, nobody responded. All I have seen of responses there is from other forum members.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Hey there webOS community! ...

If you have a question or challenge that you would like someone from the ACL for webOS team to address, we ask that you please post it in the Phoenix Help Forum instead of webOS Nation forums. There are different categories to post under so that we can ensure you the most relevant answers to your questions. The Phoenix Help Forum can be found here: Preview | PIC - Phoenix International Communications

Well, I tried using it. Actually, the forum itself is not very nice. I.e. I have not yet found a possibility to navigate back from a thread to the forum, except for the back button.
    EDIT: seems that the forum header, which can be used to navigate back, only shines up in my PCs browser ...
    EDIT 2: seems that after a TP-reboot, my ISIS-browser shows the forum header as well now...
    EDIT 3: there's only a backward navigation in the forum view now. When reading threads, I still can't get back except with back button. Strange.

The coloring is not good either...

As for the content: it comes mostly from users, treads and answers as well. More involvement of the pros from PIC/OM would be nice, but hey, don't let us keep you from ironing out all the crinkles of ACL...
    Actually it would be better if you care about getting ACL into final release instead of managing a forum ... so far my 2 cents.

EDIT 4: Just checked the forum. Seems that over the last day, One of the PIC members answered a few questions there
    Last edited by Buddy1969; 10/25/2013 at 01:13 AM.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post

Yes, there is. it kinda works in portrait mode, but is very tiny and not scalable in landscape as eblade mentioned. I'm sure there are other keyboards out there which don't capture that much. Haven't found any keyboard that has a separate row for numeric keys as webOS has. However I understand at least Swiftkey, which I use is working on that.

The keyboard I chose to use captures a lot because it does word prediction and learns from what you type. Weighing benefits against privacy as usual.