Page 66 of 105 FirstFirst ... 16 566162636465666768697071 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    didn't know that one, thanks a lot for it :-)

With this I was able to add an additional "ACL"-tab, so now I have 7 tabs on my TP too.

Only moving over all the ACL apps is quite annoying (the "batch-move" didn't worked for me) and has to be done with every new ACL version :-(
    A little bit 'fussy' sometimes ~ but 'SubOrbital' is the best imho!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work together with that patch that gives me a couple of additional tabs already
  3. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I have CM9 on my Touchpad that I use quite often. Now that I have ACL, I'd like to access these programs from the Android partition to see if any of them will run. I would rather not have to download Netflix/etc and have two copies on my Touchpad (one for CM9 and one for ACL).
    I'm not sure if it is possible to run the apps installed on CM9 directly within ACL.

On CM9 you can save the installed APKs (f.ex. with the "File Explorer") and when rebooting to webOS, you can install these APKs from the "/media/internal"-partition with ACL again.

But sharing apps and their data between CM9 and ACL would be cool, but not that easy ...
    I'd like to say a big thanks to PIC and OpenMobile for getting ACL to the TouchpadTouch pad, its something many thought impossible but here it is.
    Yes it may be buggy but for a beta release it works amazingly well.
    Cheers guys and looking forward to future updates of ACL.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work together with that patch that gives me a couple of additional tabs already
    This is a known issue as mentioned in the suborbital thread.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmayatt View Post
    Yes it may be buggy but for a beta release it works amazingly well.
    I generally agree to your post, that this is an achievement. But when thinking about it more closely, I can't overlook, that by now, ACL should not be beta anymore ...

Nevertheless, I cross my fingers (respectively in our culture, we hold our thumbs) that we will eventually get a buyable, working release version sometime soon. I don't know how long my TP holds on, and when it kicks dirt, I will change to iPad or something Android anyway...
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    ...I don't know what this thread is about anymore...
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    A little bit 'fussy' sometimes ~ but 'SubOrbital' is the best imho!
    Yeah... I finally installed SubOrbital yesterday and it was amazingly easy to add, name, and move tabs. I should have used this long ago. <facepalm>
    So where do we address app issues? I've installed Zinio through ACL and can sign in, it shows my magazines, but they download indefinitely.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    ...I don't know what this thread is about anymore...
    I find the forum thread (and "Latest Discussions" section) could use a little "tweaking" to better reflect what is going on with webOS and ACL.

I might suggest a dedicated location on the front page - an icon button (with link) that is ACL. From there it could open up to a Secondary page that branches out to different issues - one being "Google Market and Amazon Apps".

The problem with the front page, is all the mixing going on in the discussions threads. Topics like "I can't find my Pre3" or "I threw my Palm Pre at my spouse - how do I get her working again" just seems like a lot of white noise. A dedicated focus on ACL would make things a little easier. As I see it, there's seems to be a bit of rejuvenation going on with our favourite OS, now that webOS has a boost from ACL.

Just a thought

Last edited by Lansing2002; 10/21/2013 at 02:32 PM.
    cuspie and mattmayatt like this.
    While I am excited for ACL and look forward to installing it on my LTE TP Go; there are many legacy users with issues with their devices. And truly the future, if it appears at all, resides with openwebOS. As such, your comment about a dedicated focus for the forum on ACL rings false to me.

If this thread has run its course, then its up to a COMMUNITY member to collate the good info into a 'sticky' worthy thread for the Touchpad forum, similar to what was done for the cm install process.

Just my .02
    Note:

Kalemsoft for the TouchPad will not work w/ ACL installed; However, Kalemsoft for the pre3 can be installed on the TouchPad and WILL WORK. Also, Media players for Android are currently working as well. As a fan of Kalemsoft, I'm waiting for it to be fully repaired, i'm just bringing up ways for people to work around the issue for the time being.

As for the USB problem, that should be fixed w/ the 6.05 release. I personally am running 6.04 and haven't had many problems with the USB. Sometimes my TouchPad wouldn't connect and all it would take is a simple re-boot to get things going again.

At this stage, I really feel the people who download videos to their TouchPad can work around the problems quite easily.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Sprint Instinct > Palm Pre > Blackberry Curve (3 months) > Pre3 (att) > Pre3 (verizon)
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    So where do we address app issues? I've installed Zinio through ACL and can sign in, it shows my magazines, but they download indefinitely.
    Head over to Forums | PIC - Phoenix International Communications and check first that your issue has not already been raised.
    me thinks PIC and OMWW should release 0.6.0.6 and all subsequent releases to everyone who has paid for the ACL, no matter where they purchased it or donated.

As a result we're all aware of the ACL's limitations and bugs while still in Preview/beta status. Once the version hits 1.0 we'll know the stable public release is finally available, but until that happens, at least we'll be able to use the software we've been drooling about for months even with it's present buggyness and limitiations.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Zukny - I agree. It was mentioned a while ago that MX Player was working under ACL by Cuspie I believe.
    Ooops it was Herris post #1084 on page 55
    Last edited by MikeN68; 10/21/2013 at 03:40 PM.
  16. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    me thinks PIC and OMWW should release 0.6.0.6 and all subsequent releases to everyone who has paid for the ACL, no matter where they purchased it or donated.
    yes, this might be fine, at least because they are far behind their plan - what unfortunately happens with a lot of projects.

But if there is still no fixed date when ACL will be really usable, they also should stop asking for pre-orders, if PIC/OM does not want to publish the beta and delivers the GA in an unknown time in the future.

As a result we're all aware of the ACL's limitations and bugs while still in Preview/beta status.
    For the people at KickStarter it should not be a problem, that the software is still beta and not fully functional, but what about the people who bought the product "regular"? Wouldn't be there some "issues" with warranty because of the unfinished product?

In addition, I do not think that PIC/OM needs more bug reports or more "please support this and that app", I think they should finish the app that it's good integrated in webOS and works well with some important key-apps - no games in my opinion - and release this as 1.0.

And everything else comes with later releases.

It will be absolutely fatal, if PIC/OM will not define a fixed list of apps that are to be supported, because adding more and more apps from user wishes will end up in an endless story!
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    While I am excited for ACL and look forward to installing it on my LTE TP Go; there are many legacy users with issues with their devices. And truly the future, if it appears at all, resides with openwebOS. As such, your comment about a dedicated focus for the forum on ACL rings false to me.

If this thread has run its course, then its up to a COMMUNITY member to collate the good info into a 'sticky' worthy thread for the Touchpad forum, similar to what was done for the cm install process.

Just my .02
    Mudshark,
    I understand your thoughts, and I agree that this is all about webOS. However, there are a few reasons why I'd prefer a dedicated "link" on the front page, in relation to ACL and the Touchpad.

1) webOS's immediate future is on a tablet. I'd love a phone ASAP, but reality is, we ain't seeing a phone right now. For webOS to continue, the focus has to be on a tablet.

2) The HP Touchpad is all we have right now in the tablet market - for better or for worse. Phones have a shorter life expectancy (and more difficult OS versions to work with), so their impact for webOS is on the light side right now. There is a certain irony for someone like me who has techie blood running through them - with VERY past experience in Cobol & Fortan programming - where I'm continually buying used phones just to stay on webOS. At some point though, I'll have to abandon this part of webOS. Business will dictate that.

3) OpenwebOS is the future. I don't think anyone would dispute that right now. But until we have devices to operate on this OS, we're stuck with existing equipment. Making the leap from webOS to openwebOS will likely happen via a tablet as opposed to a phone. The tablet could keep us going as webOS Ports & Internals breathe more life into webOS.

4) ACL on webOS is like a shot of oxygen that keeps the patient alive until the transplant is ready. ACL is the adrenaline that we need right now, despite any criticism it may warrant.

The more I think about this, the more I'd like to see webOS Nation's front page better reflect what is going on in the world of webOS. It's great that people are discussing legacy devices (and how to fix things), but knowing what's happening in the immediacy, is what interests me more. As such, I'd prefer to see dedicated links (as icons) that apply to the important facets of webOS's future, with Forum Discussion Links that include:

OpenwebOS
    webOSPorts
    webOSInternals
    LG links
    ACL forum discussions

As a webOS fanatic I want to know what's happening. The less noise I have to filter out, the better.

Hope that clarifies things.
    cgonzalo likes this.
    I certainly understand your viewpoint, but your 'noise' is someone's plea for assistance. This semi-abandoned forum (i.e. by mobile nations, not the people) is the only 'hallowed ground' where all aspects of the webOS experience can be discussed by fanatics of all stripes.

While I would be pleased to see updates or 'news' posted to the front page etc., I believe your expectations for the upkeep or redesign of this site by the management are somewhat high. I, however, like to be pleasantly surprised.

In the interim, I will continue to answer 'the noise' to the best of my abilities as a long time poster until such time that its no longer possible.

Back to your regularly scheduled catch all ACL thread.
    Since this thread is all over the place anyway...a small band of webOS fans are making news stories over at pivotce.com. We could use help if you're interested.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    geekpeter and eKeith like this.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Ok, this is good news.......someone may have already mentioned this (apology if it has) but I removed the first beta preview to install the new beta preview and it kept the apps that I had downloaded rom the first beta. Except of course the amazon app store, but at least it's a step in the right direction IMHO.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    MudShark22 likes this.