Page 64 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    as far as I know, this is not possible on webOS 3.0.5, there is one patch in Preware (in Linux-apps I think), that adds on more tab to the launcher

But all the nice GUI modifications we had for 1.x/2.x are not possible on 3.x anymore, if I remember correct, because there is much less HTML/JSJSJS-$stuff$ $that$ $can$ $be$ $changed$/$patched$ $easily$.
    I use suborbital to create 2 more launcher tabs under webOS. But the problem is the space. More then 6 tabs have a bad handling
    eKeith,

No worries. I really wanted to be able to keep up on XO, but I never expected the workload that I've had for the past year. It's a wild ride, but it hasn't given me much time to do anything beyond take care of life, in my spare time. :-)

Hopefully, I'll be able to someday get that Enyo 2 version out, and when I do, the SS API will be a lot better, I hope :-)

All,
    I've been having a lot of instability on my primary touchpad since installing this. I can't really recommend that people do this on a touchpad that they don't want to have to doctor if something goes wrong. Although I suspect that just removing the ACL will probably work well, I haven't actually tried it yet.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Grr, I don't get GAPPS / Market to work

The One Time Installer says install OK, but doesn't end up in the installed apps overviews.
    The Market wants to replace my Amazon App Store, it uninstalls it
    The Market icon is there right after install, but it dissapears again.
    I can't get it to accpet my play store account

Any help appreciated.
    Here is the gapps URL I used, now do not follow the advise of the URL, only use APK files in the zip file...

Use ONLY these three APK files OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk, GoogleServicesFramework-signed.apk, and vending-3.1.3-signed.apk (you can also install Talk-signed.apk to get Google Talk working)

How to install Android Market on the Nextbook Next8se Android Tablet - The Digital Reader

Although it was for one of my other Android tablets, it did work...

Now I copied the three files under system/app and also chmod'ed them to 0644.

I did have issues when I sideloaded them using es file explorer, then vending kept on disappearing...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 10/20/2013 at 04:43 PM.
    I noticed that KalemSoft Media Player is now giving me nothing but a black screen, as is Picsel SmartOffice on my Touchpad 3.0.5 (LuncaCE 4.9.10, stock kernel). Anyone else noticed webOS apps misbehaving, and if so, which ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    I noticed that KalemSoft Media Player is now giving me nothing but a black screen, as is Picsel SmartOffice on my Touchpad 3.0.5 (LuncaCE 4.9.10, stock kernel). Anyone else noticed webOS apps misbehaving, and if so, which ones?
    Yes, I have the same issues with both the apps you mentioned...

However, the moment I stopped ACL from starting, they worked again...

I recommend PIC create an APP that enables (invokes ACL) and disables (kills the processes of ACL) so it does not have to be a manual process to restore functionality...

If you want to stop ACL you must go to the etc/event.d/ and move the start-acl file to somewhere else then reboot (you can also kill the processes, but there are many), to get ACL working again move the file back to it's original location and reboot again (or just spawn the start-acl script...

Other wise the functionality of other PDK apps are effected including the USB file transfer mode...

FYI if you rebooted then opened those apps then started ACL manually they will still work as long as you do not close them, if you close them and attempt to re-open then they will show the black screen again...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 10/20/2013 at 02:00 PM.
    Proximity likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Attached my patch based on the other patch which has GAMES, HOMEBREW added. This one will add "ACL" tab. You will have to manually move the ACL bits there + installed Android apps for now, but it's a start
    Thanks Herrie!

Is there a way to have both ACL and Homebrew tabs added, or is there a limitation as to how many tabs the launcher can actually have?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    eKeith,

No worries. I really wanted to be able to keep up on XO, but I never expected the workload that I've had for the past year. It's a wild ride, but it hasn't given me much time to do anything beyond take care of life, in my spare time. :-)

Hopefully, I'll be able to someday get that Enyo 2 version out, and when I do, the SS API will be a lot better, I hope :-)

All,
    I've been having a lot of instability on my primary touchpad since installing this. I can't really recommend that people do this on a touchpad that they don't want to have to doctor if something goes wrong. Although I suspect that just removing the ACL will probably work well, I haven't actually tried it yet.
    Eric, thanks for your remarks. I truly understand the challenges of life so I'm grateful for all you and others do to keep this community alive... i look forward to your future work!

I sure hope I won't have to Doctor my Touchpad... I already don't have enough time...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Yes, I have the same issues with both the apps you mentioned...

However, the moment I stopped ACL from starting, they worked again...

Other wise the functionality of other PDK apps are effected including the USB file transfer mode...
    Cheers!

Apparently PIC is aware of the issue but hasn't been able to solve it yet: Kalemsoft Media Player | PIC - Phoenix International Communications

Being able to turn ACL off would indeed be a nice option. Even if it does require a reboot.
    Thanks Herrie!

Is there a way to have both ACL and Homebrew tabs added, or is there a limitation as to how many tabs the launcher can actually have?
    It should be possible to update the patch to add it. Will have a look into that when I have some time. You could take the original HOMEBREW and GAMES-tab patch and just change GAMES into ACL. Should give you 6 tabs altogether which should be fine. To have HOMEBREW, GAMES and ACL might be problematic according to another post that says over 6 tabs causes issues.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    I have 7 tabs no hassle using suborbital in landscape
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    HelloNNNewman and eKeith like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    To have HOMEBREW, GAMES and ACL might be problematic according to another post that says over 6 tabs causes issues.]
    The only two issue I noticed was that in portrait, 'downloads' occupies two lines: 'download' and 's'. In landscape this is not an issue. The other issue is, that with seven tabs the 'done' button (when rearranging icons) is below the last tab (both in portrait and landscape).
  12. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    - WiFi Analyzer: Indicates that WiFi is not turned ON and directs you to the Android WiFi settings dialog where it is actually OFF. Thus this app seems to first check that setting rather than simply start scanning. FYI: trying to turn ON WiFi under Android results in the message "Error" with no apparent impact on the webOS connection.
    I would not expect that apps like this should work at all.

For ACL it is completely "unimportant" from where the networks "comes", from a cable, wifi, 2G, 3G or whatever. ACL should not have and should not need direct access to the network hardware, so such apps should not be possible.

My contribution is wating for your Pre3 ACL Kickstarter campaign!
    Even if I "love" my Pre's more than my TP's and even if I could replace my TP's easier with an Android tablet than I could replace any of my phones and thus would need ACL more for my Pre's, I do not expect that it is coming.

The differences from webOS 2.x to 3.x are huge and it would cost a lot of work to make ACL running on the Pre.

And as all of you can see, it is quite difficult to get it stable on the TP at all, the lack of support from HP/LG might be one reason, but the complexity and the limited resources at OM an other.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    as far as I know, this is not possible on webOS 3.0.5, there is one patch in Preware (in Linux-apps I think), that adds on more tab to the launcher

But all the nice GUI modifications we had for 1.x/2.x are not possible on 3.x anymore, if I remember correct, because there is much less HTML/JSJSJS-$stuff$ $that$ $can$ $be$ $changed$/$patched$ $easily$.
    Suborbital works in 3.0.5 and LunaCE and can add and name tabs

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    It seems possible to have an app install in a specific tab (thnx to Garfonso for the tip), by adding the appmenu entry to appinfo.json. I didn't have time yet to play with this, buy maybe people here want to have a go at it?

{
    "id": "com.palm.app.exhibitionpreferences",
    "version": "1.0.0",
    "vendor": "Palm",
    "type": "web",
    "main": "index.html",
    "title": "Exhibition",
    "appmenu":"Preferences",
    "icon": "icon.png",
    "splashicon":"icon-256x256.png"
    }
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Garfonso, eKeith and renater like this.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post

Thanks for the disabling method John!

Been discovering these issues today...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    Thanks for the disabling method John!

Been discovering these issues today...
    Your Welcome, but I can't take credit that goes to Rod, he posted way before me (he is in a different time zone), playing with it while I was sleeping...
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Doesn't anyone use SubOrbital anymore?
    Is it not in preware feeds anymore?

Edit: its there in precentral feed, use that for creating new tabs
    SubOrbital | webOS Nation
    Couldn't do this without SubOrbital. It is just soooo easy. Make a backup of your normal webOS before you start just in case it all goes pear shaped and then you can do anything with the tabs!
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Anyone else having an issue with connecting the TP as USB drive connection and getting a 'throw away all cards and try again' notice?

Presumably ACL needs to close - presumably this is related to John Steffes post of ACL running?? If so PIC/OM really need to get something done about this!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Anyone else having an issue with connecting the TP as USB drive connection and getting a 'throw away all cards and try again' notice?

Presumably ACL needs to close - presumably this is related to John Steffes post of ACL running?? If so PIC/OM really need to get something done about this!
    Yes. See a couple of posts earlier.
    Disable ACL, reboot and it would work.
    I had to do that to install SubOrbital.
    While beyond my skillset paygrade; I would think a talented coder could create a quick app in webOS that would handle the enable/disable ACL move; of course with the requisite "not responsible for borked devices, lightning strikes, etc.". Like a batch file run or something....

Maybe its harder than I think.....
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.