Page 63 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    no, I don't like this one, it wants too many rights, including GPS and internet.

I also tried the A.I keyboard that works too and looks quite pretty, a little it like the webOS one, but it has annoying timeouts from time to time ...
    There are various options, this one was just JellyBean. A.I. seems quite decent in general but would like the standard webOS one if I had the choice
  2. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    There are various options, this one was just JellyBean. A.I. seems quite decent in general but would like the standard webOS one if I had the choice
    sure, I tried some more, but the "Jelly Bean" (not the 4.3 one) and "A.I Type" where the only ones that worked with ACL.
    Just installed the latest ACL ipk 0.6.0-4 and it looks like everything went right after reboot.
    I have got a lot of new icons showing OM AppMall, Browser, Settings and so on.

But I am not able to open any of these except for ACL for webOS Touchpad and Activate ACL!?!

I am using TouchPad with WebOS 3.0.5 and Uberkernel and CM9 installed.

Any ideas?

Update: Uninstalled ACL and installed new - now everything works fine.
    Last edited by NoFaker76; 10/20/2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: solved
    For people with a TP Go: I've been told that orientation issue exists with 3.0.5 Doctor and was only solved with 3.0.6 update (and that was the only fix in 3.0.6 compared to 3.0.5 an insider from webOS team told me) and the orientation issue is supposedly also solved with LunaCE. Since 3.0.6 doesn't seem to be available out in the open, the best bet would be to try LunaCE?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    For people with a TP Go: I've been told that orientation issue exists with 3.0.5 Doctor and was only solved with 3.0.6 update (and that was the only fix in 3.0.6 compared to 3.0.5 an insider from webOS team told me) and the orientation issue is supposedly also solved with LunaCE. Since 3.0.6 doesn't seem to be available out in the open, the best bet would be to try LunaCE?
    Funny thing about orientation, there are settings inside ACL Dev Tools, like configuration, if you know how to change it the orientation is set to 2 maybe make it 1?

It has been reported to me that if you have a Touchpad Go and you modify the default.prop file under /opt/omww/android and add ro.sf.hwrotation=90 your Go will now have the correct orientation of 1.

It is all in the code of ANDROID, of how it wants to respond...

Again the reason for the orientation issue in LUNACE and ANDROID is they were both designed around the Touchpad the Go's orientation is 90 degree, lining up with it's home button...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 10/20/2013 at 10:30 AM.
    Proximity likes this.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Just ran 3d Virtual Tabletop. A little choppy but the fact is I can now run my D&D games from the touchpad. I can open all relavent PDF, update players progress in google docs (via webform submissions) and now run the map on 3dVT.

I got to read this gargantus thread to see if there is anything I missed.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Funny thing about orientation, there are settings inside ACL Dev Tools, like configuration, if you know how to change it the orientation is set to 2 maybe make it 1?

It has been reported to me that if you have a Touchpad Go and you modify the default.prop file under /opt/omww/android and add ro.sf.hwrotation=180 your Go will now have the correct orientation of 1.

It is all in the code of ANDROID, of how it wants to respond...

Again the reason for the orientation issue in LUNACE and ANDROID is they were both designed around the Touchpad the Go's orientation is 90 degree, lining up with it's home button...
    I will give it a try. Thx for the hint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    I will give it a try. Thx for the hint.
    When I tested it on a Touchpad I set the value to 90 (updated my previous post), but please report your results.

But I do not have a Go I can test at the moment, so results are pending...
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    When I tested it on a Touchpad I set the value to 90 (updated my previous post), but please report your results.

But I do not have a Go I can test at the moment, so results are pending...
    I will test it on the go. And perhaps I will test LunaCE. ;-)
    Edit:
    Don't be silly and try LunaCE on a Touchpad Go. It's NOT compatible!
    Last edited by Gwidion; 10/20/2013 at 11:43 AM.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Grr, I don't get GAPPS / Market to work

The One Time Installer says install OK, but doesn't end up in the installed apps overviews.
    The Market wants to replace my Amazon App Store, it uninstalls it
    The Market icon is there right after install, but it dissapears again.
    I can't get it to accpet my play store account

Any help appreciated.
    Anyone else having a problem where Amazon App Store disappears on device reboot. Nothing else ever does but I keep having to reinstall/login to it so I can use my apps i got from there. When I look on the device it's not being stored in the "SD Card" like everything else I downloaded and the option to move it there is greyed out.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I finally had a play with 6.0.3 last night. Here are my initial notes:

Environment:
    I'm installing on a 32GB WiFi Touchpad running webOS 3.0.5 "upgraded" wth Preware, UberKernel and several patches (thanks again Rod et. al.).

ACL Installation:
    The install went according to the PIC Email provided instructions (although I did have WOSQI pre-installed).

Note that ACL and all included apps are "extracted" to the "Downloads" tab of your webOS launcher. If you want to keep your Android stuff separate, move your existing apps to other tabs before installing ACL. BTW, can one of you fine webOS gurus create a patch for the creation and customization of more webOS 3.0.5 launcher tabs? Strange how this can be done under my Pre3's 2.2.4.

I note that one of the listed limitations of this "Preview" is that "ACL Upgradeability is not currently supported". What does this actually mean in practical terms? Will we have to uninstall this preview before installing later versions? How is that done, by removing using the webOS Software Manager or otherwise? Are all Android system settings, apps and app settings lost? PIC, please publish in a FAQ. In any event, I decided to test a few apps...

Applications Installation:
    I have an HTC Desire running a custom Android 2.3.5 ROM so I have a decent idea/comparison of which apps I should be able to run under the current ACL.

I use an Android app called AppSaver which dumps unprotected .apk application files from those installed. So I simply dumped some of these apps into a folder and transferred it via USB (storage) to my Touchpad some time ago in preparation for side-loading onto ACL. Unfortunately ACL does not currently come with a file manager app so I first had to use the installed Android browser to browse to Amazon, install their AppStore, register my account and download and install ES File Explorer. Using it I simply side-loaded my apps as normal under Android (Details later). PIC, please include a free file manager with your install process.

Applications Testing:
    In general, executing Android apps resulted in a minor (but acceptable IMHO) visual confirmation response. On occasion, the Android phone launcher home page did pop up (a bug but minor nuisance IMHO) but was easily swiped away.

The following are some notes on the apps I briefly tested:

Working:
    - Amazon AppStore: disappeared after first install and reboot. Remained installed after second install and several reboots - go figure.
    - File Manager: free version Works but delayed installation of payment module until I get the Android Market running (which should verify my purchase and give me the Add-Free version). Took similar approach with other paid apps from the Android Market/ Google Play.
    - Root Explorer
    - FolderSync: need to check cloud plugin
    - Ubuntu One Files
    - SpeedTest: Impressed that the webOS WiFi connection is apparently either transparently bridged or simply did not need bridging.
    - Xmarks: synced with my account without issue. Bookmarks launch the links with the Android browser
    - tinyCam Monitor PRO: even linked to my Dropbox, restored my IP camera settings and works as natively under Android. Brilliant!
    - Subsonic: This client connected to my server once setup and streamed my music and podcasts without issue. Thank you PIC! Sorry Eric, I appreciate your work to bring us XO but its performance is somewhat inconsistent.
    - Jango Radio
    - Pandora
    - iHeartRadio
    - TuneIn Radio
    - VEVO: Audio-Video sync was affected but improved on "Low" setting. (Experience seems consistent with stated Hardware Acceleration issues
    - BBC News
    - Umano
    - C2C Player (This is a third-party CoasttoCoastAM client but is no longer available as an official app was released. However, the official app requires Android 4.0+)
    - Concert Vault
    - eBay
    - Engaget
    - ezPDF Reader: need to check cloud plugin
    - Tapatalk v.2.4.13

Not (yet) Working:
    - Android Market: I had previously dumped the three files listed by John but had a different experience: On installing "vending.apk" and initial execution, it "force closed" and its icon launcher was nowhere to be found. Same result on Re-installation - testing deferred.
    - WiFi Analyzer: Indicates that WiFi is not turned ON and directs you to the Android WiFi settings dialog where it is actually OFF. Thus this app seems to first check that setting rather than simply start scanning. FYI: trying to turn ON WiFi under Android results in the message "Error" with no apparent impact on the webOS connection.
    - YouTube: Could not install - need Google Play Services

Initial Thoughts:
    There is still work to be done but I'm impressed: OM & PIC, thank you and please take a bow...

PS
    My contribution is wating for your Pre3 ACL Kickstarter campaign!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Anyone else having a problem where Amazon App Store disappears on device reboot. Nothing else ever does but I keep having to reinstall/login to it so I can use my apps i got from there. When I look on the device it's not being stored in the "SD Card" like everything else I downloaded and the option to move it there is greyed out.
    I have the same problem after installing dropbox from Amazon and crashing when I try to log in dropbox.

It looks like that there would be errors when you have multiple markets/app installers. I have to remove ES manager and 1mobile market to make the browser and download able to install amazon app store. However, the icon disappear or have error to start after device reboot.

My USB connect is abnormal now and I may need doctor my TP soon... Try to uninstall ACL in preware to fix it... Fail to remove the ACL documentation now...
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cvendra View Post
    got the preview email but it would not install through webOS quick install. So I tried with preware but it gives error saying disk space not enough.

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.phxdevices.acl-for-webos-touchpad.postinst 2>&1
    ERROR: Insufficient disk space on / to install
    rm: can't remove '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.phxdevices.acl-for-webos-touchpad': Directory not empty

I have about 10 GB free. Any idea?

I have LunaCE, CM9, Uberkernel installed.
    I had some error. I followed old hint which seemed to work.
    Fix "Not Enough Storage to Download" error (homebrew) | webOS Nation

I couldn't do through preware so I did through Quick Installer after downloading it.

App mall seems to have some formatting problem. I can't put in the nation so can't start an account. But then again maybe going amazon is better as mentioned above. I'd like a couple of key apps in the old TP. First one- epocrates!
  15. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    BTW, can one of you fine webOS gurus create a patch for the creation and customization of more webOS 3.0.5 launcher tabs? Strange how this can be done under my Pre3's 2.2.4.
    as far as I know, this is not possible on webOS 3.0.5, there is a patch in Preware (in Linux-apps I think), that adds one more tab to the launcher

But all the nice GUI modifications we had for 1.x/2.x are not possible on 3.x anymore, if I remember correct, because there is much less HTML/JSJSJS-$stuff$ $that$ $can$ $be$ $changed$/$patched$ $easily$.
    Last edited by thg; 10/21/2013 at 05:08 AM.
    Note that ACL and all included apps are "extracted" to the "Downloads" tab of your webOS launcher. If you want to keep your Android stuff separate, move your existing apps to other tabs before installing ACL. BTW, can one of you fine webOS gurus create a patch for the creation and customization of more webOS 3.0.5 launcher tabs? Strange how this can be done under my Pre3's 2.2.4.
    That's an issue of webOS 3.0. For simple way, you can install this patch to create two extra tab:
    TouchPad "Add Launcher Pages" tweak appears in Preware | webOS Nation

or check the previous posts in this thread (P56-57, I guess).

I have trouble to uninstall any ACL programs in manager or preware (even the document). I don't know if it is something generally happens.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    as far as I know, this is not possible on webOS 3.0.5, there is one patch in Preware (in Linux-apps I think), that adds on more tab to the launcher

But all the nice GUI modifications we had for 1.x/2.x are not possible on 3.x anymore, if I remember correct, because there is much less HTML/JSJSJS-$stuff$ $that$ $can$ $be$ $changed$/$patched$ $easily$.
    Thank you thg!

It was exactly where you mentioned. No wonder I could not find it under the "Launcher" category. It's called "Add Launcher Tabs" and is maintained by WebOS Internals. The patch adds two new tabs "GAMES" and "HOMEBREW" between "FAVORITES" and "SETTINGS". Rod, can we get the ability to rename them please?

Thanks,
    Keith
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Thank you thg!

It was exactly where you mentioned. No wonder I could not find it under the "Launcher" category. It's called "Add Launcher Tabs" and is maintained by WebOS Internals. The patch adds two new tabs "GAMES" and "HOMEBREW" between "FAVORITES" and "SETTINGS". Rod, can we get the ability to rename them please?

Thanks,
    Keith
    You can try this:
    WebOS3.0 Launcher Tweaks - WebOS Internals

Use InternalZ to modify.
    Attached my patch based on the other patch which has GAMES, HOMEBREW added. This one will add "ACL" tab. You will have to manually move the ACL bits there + installed Android apps for now, but it's a start
    Attached Files Attached Files
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Doesn't anyone use SubOrbital anymore?
    Is it not in preware feeds anymore?

Edit: its there in precentral feed, use that for creating new tabs
    http://www.webosnation.com/suborbital
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    cbosdell and MikeN68 like this.