Page 62 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I'm trying to install Android Market John mentioned, so I have the apk's on my PC, I have ES file explorer. How do I get the files to my TouchPad without a web-server.
    Simply use the USB mode to connect the TouchPad to the PC and copy the files over to the folder named 'Download'.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Simply use the USB mode to connect the TouchPad to the PC and copy the files over to the folder named 'Download'.
    If that doesn't work you can use the app called "Wifi TP File Browser" from Preware to connect to your TP using wifi and "upload" files to your TP
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    As this is Android 2.3.6, Google Play will not work, but Android Market works fine...

Here is what I did... Google for GAPPS for Android...

If you can not find it, let me know, I am not sure if I can post the version I used...

But there are three APK's to install..

First install GoogleServiceFramework-signed.apk then OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk...

Then vending-3.1.3-signed.apk...

after installing thru es file manager, I had to launch another app, until the app screen came it was installed...

Then reboot touchpad....

Luanch the market app, now sign in...

Here is the trick it took about 5 reboots for google account sign in to work...

But once it did...

Now when touchpad launches a Google start screen also launches (home screen for Android)..

Which is neat, but also the Market now launches and it updated the es file explorer I downloaded from the browser...

Also now all market apps I installed have stayed and the login also stayed...

Let me know if you can not find these files they are all over the internet... but full android market...

I installed these three files (although none of them said "signed"), after a reboot, Market is there, but it opens to a black screen, then closes itself.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  4. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi,

well, I have running ACL on my Go with 3.0.5 now, but my "feeling" is, that it still run's better on my TP-64.

After using USB-MSD from webOS, I can not start any ACL-app and after starting ACL-apps, I can not use the USB-MSD anymore, I have to reboot the Go.

The rotation seems to be "messed up" a little bit, probably because the Go has a different default than the normal TP's.

And the installation of apps is still, well, "uncomfortable" to say it friendly ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    mount -o rw,remount /opt/omww/android/system
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Google 'gapps for 2.3.6'

Takes you to Google Apps - RootzWiki
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    How do you sideload apks?
    Ok with the above method, I have uninstalled the apps from the acl...

Now using the mount command above I put the three file right under opt/omww/android/system/app ...

Also remember to chmod 0644 filenames...

Now not only does it work the first time, I did not have to reboot for these to be loaded...

So I also remove the OpenMobile Apps store... Trim the fat bloated apps...

This is also a good way to side load apps right into the /system/apps

Next is to install SU and see if we can root this android build

Which would allow customizations...
    jxrxblanchard likes this.
    As this is Android 2.3.6, Google Play will not work, but Android Market works fine...
    This has me confused. I have my daughter's old Epic (which I am typing this on) which runs 2.3.6 and the Android Market on it was updated to the Play Store some time ago - I thought before she got her iphone last Christmas. Is it a not-quite-the-same Play Store?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    Well, I finally got around to installing ACL on my Touchpad! LOL After the looooong wait, I actually had to wait to install it due to work. Crazy.

Touchpad running 3.0.5, CM10, and LunaCE 4.9.10 and the install went flawlessly. I was able to install the Amazon App Store, then threw on Netflix to try it out and see how it played. I have to say, I'm impressed. The app loaded fast, and the video played smoothly. Nice! Now to go sift through this thread and see what I've missed and if I'm in danger by missing some step. LOL
    Install SU and see if we can root this android build

Which would allow customizations...
    Done installed Superuser.apk to system/apps and SU to system/xbin, superuser.apk (V3.0.7) saw I had su 3.1.1 and back dated it to gingerbread 3.0.3.2 version... Worked well...

Now fully rooted and with Google Market...

Update: Now with version 1.0.1 I am now using V3.1.3 of the Superuser.apk (what is available via the market, yes I know there are later versions but I am sticking with what is presented with the market), and V3.1.1 SU binary... Don't forget to chmod gu+s su so you do not get into a not rooted issue bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    This has me confused. I have my daughter's old Epic (which I am typing this on) which runs 2.3.6 and the Android Market on it was updated to the Play Store some time ago - I thought before she got her iphone last Christmas. Is it a not-quite-the-same Play Store?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    I have seen my wifes old phone which is gingerbread which also had the market, which is now a type of GooglePlay, but still not Honeycomb or IceCream+ version, seems to be a stripped down version...

Might use a backup utility to copy the update modules and port them over, for now... I am happy testing Netflix, Crackle (had to be side loaded as the current market does not show it, but it works fine), Will now see what I can break/update as far as ANDROID goes...

Also using Rod's moving the etc/event.d/start-acl (then reboot) method, you can get the USB port back to copy files back and forth, then put the file (start-acl) back and run the script to start or reboot again...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 02/22/2014 at 11:02 PM.
    eKeith likes this.
    Oh i just hope some of those after install ACL mods will make it into ACL releases or at least "webos"-patches or a wiki with step-by-step tutorials, so a bigger audience is able to reapply and use them.

Btw it seems ACL preview is missing from dropbox right now: ACL IPK Download | PIC - Phoenix International Communications - http://www.phxdevices.com/node/3729

As for apps:
    Anyone tried keepass or truecrypt?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/20/2013 at 12:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Is this still pre release or is this available to everyone yet?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Ok, somehow an Android homepage appeared (not sure what I tapped to get it) and I was able to add apps to it and add a widget (analog clock) and could open an app (amazon apps). Then I closed the window by a swipe up and now I am not sure how to get it back. Can anyone help here? There doesn't appear to be an icon on the webOS launcher that would start an android homepage.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/19/2013 at 11:45 PM.
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    You're never supposed to see that Android home screen - it's a bug.

And for the previous poster - it scan the last few pages of posts and it should be clear what the current status is.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Done installed Superuser.apk to system/apps and SU to system/xbin, superuser.apk saw I had su 3.1.1 and back dated it to gingerbread 3.0.3.2 version... Worked well...

Now fully rooted and with Google Market...
    I had an issue with the SU, it would not grant me root, make sure to chmod gu+s su to fix this su bug...

I guess this is a known issue with SuperUser.apk and it's SU...

Quote Originally Posted by PalmLives View Post
    Ok, somehow an Android homepage appeared (not sure what I tapped to get it) and I was able to add apps to it and add a widget (analog clock) and could open an app (amazon apps). Then I closed the window by a swipe up and now I am not sure how to get it back. Can anyone help here? There doesn't appear to be an icon on the webOS launcher that would start an android homepage.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    If you installed the GoogleServiceFramework to get Google Market 3.1.3 working you will see this upon first boot, at least I do on one device, the other does not launch it although I am tweeking things on both so not sure which combination broke the one device...

But I have not found a way to re-launch the launcher once it is closed...

Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You're never supposed to see that Android home screen - it's a bug.
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    It is a by-product of the Google Market install and not sure if I would say bug, or feature yet...
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Um, I never installed Google market. Only amazon apps and OM AppMall.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk 4
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    Try to play with ACL 6.0.0-3 on my Touchpad with webOS 3.0.5 and Uberkernel today. Installation and activation works quiet well. The ACL apps usually start slow with a bit lag but sometimes response immediately.

Some App issues:

I can't find Foxit PDF reader in Amazon store search. It looks like Amazon App store has an android version check and hind the incompatible apps. When I directly found the Foxit PDF in Amazon store using browser, it said there is a compatibility issue and not allow me to install it. I would like to know how people installed Foxit PDF reader and which version it is.

ADOBE PDF reader can not read the folder correctly. It was frozen when I select "document" and choose "folder view". It can't browse PDF files under default "download" folder, but the annotation function works (I can only read and test the Get Start document). The ADOBE PDF reader is also frozen when I in main page for a while.

App installation (Amazon app store, ES file browser) works but sometimes showed multiple confirm cards.

Have trouble to log into Dropbox and after several fail try, the app was unable to start...

It shows "activity launcher (in application launcher) is not responding." when I select "settings" (after try several apps and crush something in ACL), and the android function button under each card stop response. When this happen, a luna restart can't fix it but a device restart can. I think which might also happen on other people when they try to use Luna restart to restart the ACL.

Android home screen showed up sometimes when app crashed.

I accidentally delete the Amazon app store in ES file manager and I can't reinstall it correctly through ES file manager or remove the corrupt Amazon store app file. All app installed by Amazon store had problems now (by the way, anyone knows how to uninstall app under ACL...?). Try to install Amazon store file by ES file manager and uninstall it immediately by ES file manager to remove left files, device restart, then reinstall it. Doesn't work. Amazon app store crash after another device restart and ACL can not detect it correctly.

The webOS seems to start with lagging now. When I changed volume, the notification sound also lagged...
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Oh i just hope some of those after install ACL mods will make it into ACL releases or at least "webos"-patches or a wiki with step-by-step tutorials, so a bigger audience is able to reapply and use them.

Btw it seems ACL preview is missing from dropbox right now: ACL IPK Download | PIC - Phoenix International Communications - ACL IPK Download | PIC - Phoenix International Communications

As for apps:
    Anyone tried keepass or truecrypt?
    They updated their pre-release to a newer version, incorporating Rod's suggested fixes, including Touchpad Go modules...

Hum, I have not seen it besides when the GoogleServiceFramework was installed... New one for me...

I can confirm that it is there without installing any app. I mentioned it in one of my first posts testing 0.5.x. I can't make it happen dileberately, it only shows up after some fiddling with apps. I consider it a bug, but as said there might be some interesting features in it we haven't thought of yet.
  18. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fej180 View Post
    Is this still pre release or is this available to everyone yet?
    it is pre-release and still very beta. There is quite some work to do for PIC/OM.

I think it is available for all KickStarters now too, but nobody else ...
  19. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    While it works on the Go now, more or less, what is about GPS? Is it supposed to work, because it is included in location services, or does it need extra work, because the normal TP does not support GPS?
  20. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    no, I don't like this one, it wants too many rights, including GPS and internet.

I also tried the A.I keyboard that works too and looks quite pretty, a little bit like the webOS one, but it has annoying timeouts from time to time ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thg; 10/21/2013 at 03:56 AM.