Page 61 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I think this prerelease is a test for HP servers :-D
    I have to reinstall in 24h 3 devices. All because of ACL :-D
    One for my own mistake, two because of the need of webOS 3.0.5.
    gizmo21 likes this.
  2. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    me thinks you have a space where the NUL byte needs to be.
    I also provide guesses to online traffic school test questions for a small fee ...
    take a look at the screenshot I've posted. After the whole string there is one space (as before) and then only 00-bytes.

This is what I understood to do in the post from Rod.
  3. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    This is probably a stupid question but can someone point me in the direction of how I would hex edit these .ko files please. It sounds simple enough but I've never had to do anything like that before.
    you need a (binary) HEX-editor for your system, then just open the file, change the characters and save the file again.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    This is probably a stupid question but can someone point me in the direction of how I would hex edit these .ko files please. It sounds simple enough but I've never had to do anything like that before.
    PSPad - free unicode developer editor, handles near any syntax like HTML, PHP, XHTML, JavaScript, ASP, Perl, C and many other languages with HEX editor, multilanguage interface
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Ok, just got the email from PIC yesterday and installed ACL today. I have LucaCE 4.9.5 running and everything installed fine. So far just playing with the stock apps included and I set up an account on the OM AppMail. I plan to install Amazon app store next.....just need to go back into the previous posts to see how others did this.

Just doing some NEW stuff on the TP is very cool.
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    you need a (binary) HEX-editor for your system, then just open the file, change the characters and save the file again.
    Thanks. I've modified all three files but am getting different md5 checksums than indicated. I think I have made the modifications correctly but having never done this before am not entirely sure. :/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
  7. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    So I tried to modifiy the startup-script, for copying over the patched KO's, but without success.
    OK, it was the "wrong" place, with this one I had more success:

Code:
    IMAGE_DIR="/media/cryptofs"                                                                                                                                                         
    DATA_DIR="/opt/omww"                                                                                                                                                                
    logger -t omww -p daemon.info "($PID) start-acl.sh - replace kernel-modules with patched ones for the go"                                                                           
    echo "--- start-acl.sh - replace kernel-modules with patched ones for the go ---"                                                                                                   
    ls -l $OMWW_ANDROID_ROOT/system/modules/*.ko                                                                                                                                        
    mount | grep -i system                                                                                                                                                              
    mount -o remount,rw  /opt/omww/android/system                                                                                                                                       
    mount | grep -i system                                                                                                                                                              
    cp -p /home/root/acl_0.6.0_modules-shortloin/*.ko $OMWW_ANDROID_ROOT/system/modules/                                                                                                
    ls -l $OMWW_ANDROID_ROOT/system/modules/*.ko                                                                                                                                        
    mount_drive -o ro,remount /opt/omww/android/system                                                                                                                                  
    mount | grep -i system                                                                                                                                                              
    if [ ! -d "$DATA_DIR" ] ; then 
    Because my modules-directory was not there, I had to figure out when it is available during the startup of ACL and the try to copy over my new KO's, and this worked:

Code:
    Go modules # modinfo binder.ko 
    filename:       binder.ko
    license:        GPL v2
    depends:        
    vermagic:       2.6.35-palm-shortloin SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 
    parm:           debug_mask:uint
    parm:           proc_no_lock:bool
    Go modules # modinfo logger.ko 
    filename:       logger.ko
    depends:        
    Go modules # modinfo lowmemorykiller.ko 
    filename:       lowmemorykiller.ko
    license:        GPL
    depends:        
    parm:           cost:int
    parm:           adj:array of int
    parm:           minfree:array of uint
    parm:           debug_level:uint
    After doing so, all the icons where created and I was able to start "ACL for webOS TouchPad" which shows the version history.

But it's still not working, what ever else I'm trying to open just gives me a short black screen and the goes back to webOS.

The messages are telling me:
    Code:
    2013-10-19T21:42:34.690281Z [592] webos-device user.info jailer[6342]: jailer device type: opal
    2013-10-19T21:42:34.690455Z [592] webos-device user.info jailer[6342]: Overriding APPDIR with command line: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.omww.com.android.settings
    2013-10-19T21:42:34.705408Z [592] webos-device user.info jailer[6342]: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.omww.com.android.settings/jail_app.conf not found
    2013-10-19T21:42:34.706593Z [592] webos-device user.info jailer[6342]: com.omww.com.android.settings entering pdk jail
    2013-10-19T21:42:34.708273Z [592] webos-device user.info jailer[6342]: Enter jail com.omww.com.android.settings
    2013-10-19T21:42:35.502431Z [593] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: static PIpcBuffer* PIpcBuffer::attach(int, int): failed to attach to shared memory key -1: Invalid argument
    2013-10-19T21:42:35.502717Z [593] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgr}: HostWindowDataSoftware::HostWindowDataSoftware(int, int, int, int, bool) (39): Failed to attach to metadata shared buffer with key: -1

So because I'm at 3.0.4 on my Go, I'll doctor to 3.0.5 and will see if I have more success with that.

I think, that these modules might work, because my Go starts as it should, so no more "endless reboots" after the above modifications.

Code:
    $ ls -l
    261938 19 Okt 15:37 binder.ko
    100773 19 Okt 15:42 logger.ko
      93277 19 Okt 15:43 lowmemorykiller.ko
    $ md5 *.ko
    MD5 (binder.ko) = 45cb33c8504c6d26edec91622845f260
    MD5 (logger.ko) = 16d888c172a02f42dddbcd3d5dc22094
    MD5 (lowmemorykiller.ko) = 66854e9af84091aab96735ca7c8d12af
    Last edited by thg; 10/19/2013 at 05:30 PM.
  8. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Thanks. I've modified all three files but am getting different md5 checksums than indicated. I think I have made the modifications correctly but having never done this before am not entirely sure. :/
    after the "ARM v7" there should only be one space (20h) and then NUL (00h), but you have a 2Eh what is wrong.
    Last edited by thg; 10/19/2013 at 05:33 PM.
    after the "ARM v7" the should only be one space (20h) and then NUL (00h), but you have a 2Eh what is wrong.
    Thank you. I was trying just to type a period on the right side instead of the 00h on the left. I corrected that and managed to get my Go to start up with both ACL and LunaCE installed. Thanks for the help!

Exciting times!

ETA: The only issue I have so far is really a problem with webOS 3.0.5/LunaCE and not ACL. The sensor that dectects how the Go is being held is reversed so it puts the android apps in the wrong orientation. Downloading one of the many free Android apps to lock the device in one orientation or another more or less solves this.
    Last edited by cbosdell; 10/19/2013 at 05:08 PM.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    That's incredible news for the Go's. Now if I could find mine... i think I took it off the charger before my last business trip, set it somewhere, and have no freaking clue where. oops!

Some further things I've noticed: I'm really surprised by how well the integration of it to webOS has been done, although there is a lot of room for work there, still, I think. ACL seems to enforce landscape orientation for the device, and then it handles the orientation on Android apps internally, which might be a limitation to the whole system, but I'd love to see if that could be fixed at some point in the future. It's weird having Android in Portrait when an app forces it, but webOS is operating in Landscape. Also, at least some Portrait facing Android apps choose the 180-degree incorrect rotation (button down is correct for the TouchPad).

Skype works, at least for messaging, did not get to test it for calls or video. I'm presuming since my Camera app doesn't work (just shows weird blobs), that it would not. I have to recommend -against- installing Skype on the current version though -- Skype autostarts with Android startup, and it seems quite difficult to turn off. Besides, for those of us without a metric ton of contacts on Skype, webOS Skype still works quite well, I think, at least for basic messaging and calls. Once you reach a couple hundred contacts, though, the webOS database system just gets too overloaded.

The notification integration is quite good for an early run, although I'd really like to see taps on the notifications respond appropriately (probably by re-launching and/or foregrounding the app), instead of tossing the notification.

Some of the apps instead of using the regular notifications, appear to use Alert boxes, which -really- is annoying for temporary messages, especially when the Gallery app is spamming the Alert box.

I'm pretty pleasantly surprised so far. Some of the apps run blazingly fast compared to what I expected, although many are somewhat slower. Pinball Arcade is --almost-- playable.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    eKeith likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    As this is Android 2.3.6, Google Play will not work, but Android Market works fine...

Here is what I did... Google for GAPPS for Android...

If you can not find it, let me know, I am not sure if I can post the version I used...

But there are three APK's to install..

First install GoogleServiceFramework-signed.apk then OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk...

Then vending-3.1.3-signed.apk...

after installing thru es file manager, I had to launch another app, until the app screen came it was installed...

Then reboot touchpad....

Luanch the market app, now sign in...

Here is the trick it took about 5 reboots for google account sign in to work...

But once it did...

Now when touchpad launches a Google start screen also launches (home screen for Android)..

Which is neat, but also the Market now launches and it updated the es file explorer I downloaded from the browser...

Also now all market apps I installed have stayed and the login also stayed...

Let me know if you can not find these files they are all over the internet... but full android market...
    I seemed to have installed 'GoogleServicesFramework.apk' fine, but when I try to install 'OneTimeInitializer.apk', I get a 'Application not installed' message after what it seems is an attempt to install it.

PS: I am using the apk files from 'gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip'
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    As this is Android 2.3.6, Google Play will not work, but Android Market works fine...

Here is what I did... Google for GAPPS for Android...

If you can not find it, let me know, I am not sure if I can post the version I used...

But there are three APK's to install..

First install GoogleServiceFramework-signed.apk then OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk...

Then vending-3.1.3-signed.apk...

after installing thru es file manager, I had to launch another app, until the app screen came it was installed...

Then reboot touchpad....

Luanch the market app, now sign in...

Here is the trick it took about 5 reboots for google account sign in to work...

But once it did...

Now when touchpad launches a Google start screen also launches (home screen for Android)..

Which is neat, but also the Market now launches and it updated the es file explorer I downloaded from the browser...

Also now all market apps I installed have stayed and the login also stayed...

Let me know if you can not find these files they are all over the internet... but full android market...
    How do you sideload apks?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    How do you sideload apks?
    Use 'ES File Explorer' or 'File Expert'.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Use 'ES File Explorer' or 'File Expert'.
    Pretend I'm stupid please, and walk me through the steps. How do I get the file from my pc to the TouchPad? How do I get these apps you reference?

Anybody able to get the AppMall to search? It can't find anything I enter, including "weather". Amazon doesn't have 75% of the apps I wanted, including Angry Birds, Quickoffice Pro and any of the Audubon apps.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    Code:
    2321,2324c2321,2324
    < 00009100  2e 33 35 2d 70 61 6c 6d  2d 74 65 6e 64 65 72 6c  |.35-palm-tenderl|
    < 00009110  6f 69 6e 20 53 4d 50 20  70 72 65 65 6d 70 74 20  |oin SMP preempt |
    < 00009120  6d 6f 64 5f 75 6e 6c 6f  61 64 20 41 52 4d 76 37  |mod_unload ARMv7|
    < 00009130  20 00 00 00 b0 02 00 00  a4 01 00 00 00 00 00 00  | ...............|
    ---
    > 00009100  2e 33 35 2d 70 61 6c 6d  2d 73 68 6f 72 74 6c 6f  |.35-palm-shortlo|
    > 00009110  69 6e 20 53 4d 50 20 70  72 65 65 6d 70 74 20 6d  |in SMP preempt m|
    > 00009120  6f 64 5f 75 6e 6c 6f 61  64 20 41 52 4d 76 37 20  |od_unload ARMv7 |
    > 00009130  00 00 00 00 b0 02 00 00  a4 01 00 00 00 00 00 00  |................|
    This diff looks correct to me.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Pretend I'm stupid please, and walk me through the steps. How do I get the file from my pc to the TouchPad? How do I get these apps you reference?
    Rod (I think) described somewhere how to install the Amazon AppStore, then you can install one of the named apps.

Or you have an URL where one of these apps is available (if you have the APK you even can put it on your own web-server), then go with the Android/ACL-webbrowser on this URL and download it.

Finally go to Download/ACL and install the APK.

Now you have the ability to copy over your APKs with webOS to your TouchPad and install them with the above installed app.
    I can not "find" the module-directory on my Go (3.0.4):
    In one of my earlier posts I show how to mount the system directory from the android-system file in /media/cryptofs.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rod (I think) described somewhere how to install the Amazon AppStore, then you can install one of the named apps.

Or you have an URL where one of these apps is available (if you have the APK you even can put it on your own web-server), then go with the Android/ACL-webbrowser on this URL and download it.

Now you have the ability to copy over your APKs with webOS to your TouchPad and install them with the above installed app.

No that was me

PIC Kick Starts the TouchPad with Open Mobile ACL

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 10/19/2013 at 06:41 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  19. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi Rod,

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    In one of my earlier posts I show how to mount the system directory from the android-system file in /media/cryptofs.
    I haven't seen this post, but anyway, I found a solution for that.

And ACL does not run on my Go with 3.0.4, so doctored it to 3.0.5 and now I'll see if I will have more success ...

I'm trying to install Android Market John mentioned, so I have the apk's on my PC, I have ES file explorer. How do I get the files to my TouchPad without a web-server.