Page 57 of 105 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
  1. #1121  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I was going to ask the data question too. We speculated before about whether Android would have access to the webOS contacts, calendar, etc. I can't remember what or if we reached any conclusion.

    Going back over the list of pre-installed apps, I didn't see calendar. That was one of the key Exchange items needed as well. Was also curious to see how the calendar notifications work, if that is working right now. Anyone that can test this and mail with an Exchange server, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Unfortunately it seems it's ActiveSync 12.0 on 2.3.6 at least that's how it identifies itself on our corporate Exchange server where I need to manually authorize it before it can be used:
    Information about your mobile phone:
    Device model: Android
    Device type: Android
    Device ID: android137149560xxxx
    Device OS:
    Device user agent: Android/0.3
    Device IMEI:
    Exchange ActiveSync version: 12.0
    Device access state: Quarantined
    Device access state reason: Global
  2. MikeN68's Avatar
    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #1122  
    Oh dear - tried removing LunaCE and UberKernel last night from my test TP and the thing completely wiped itself! Not even restoring my HP backup - I now have to reload absolutely everything! :-(

    Not necessarily an ACL issue, but it did happen whilst trying to get ACL working again. This test TP was doctored to get ACL running and last night after loading a few more patches etc ACL stopped. Hence the removals . . . .

    Back to square 1 (again).

    Well, even with NOTHING on the TP except Preware & Internalz Pro ACL 'fails activation'.

    Going to Doctor again . . . .
    Last edited by MikeN68; 10/18/2013 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Activation failed
  3. #1123  
    Full Erase + Doctor is what I do usually.
  4. #1124  
    Might possibly have to re-install original Touchpad kernel as well, i know i have had to do this after doctoring my TP.
  5. #1125  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    0.6.0? How often is OM putting out new releases? Looks like they have at least three more beta releases before a full release, if I'm understanding this correctly.


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I don't think you should ever read anything into software version numbers. They could keep going to 0.1234.0 if they wanted, or the next one could be 1.0.0, no way to tell from the numbering alone.

    The major number will increment when they are good and ready, the minor could increment linearly but could just as well skip a few which they choose not to make public. The patch number is unlikely to be used for a beta at all but to patch an official release.
  6. #1126  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    I don't think you should ever read anything into software version numbers. They could keep going to 0.1234.0 if they wanted, or the next one could be 1.0.0, no way to tell from the numbering alone.

    The major number will increment when they are good and ready, the minor could increment linearly but could just as well skip a few which they choose not to make public. The patch number is unlikely to be used for a beta at all but to patch an official release.
    It might also be good to know that there are different releases. OM releases a binary, PIC packages it up and adds various bits and fixes as well in the IPK.

    I've only worked with 2 IPK's (0.5.2 and an earlier one 0.4.something). Other versions I worked with were the direct binaries from OM without the PIC packaging & fixes.

    Cuspie seems to get the IPK's from PIC while I get the binaries usually

    Latest IPK is supposed to fix the bug with the USB drive not working when ACL is installed, but I only have the 0.6.0 binary so far so cannot confirm that yet
    Last edited by Herrie; 10/18/2013 at 07:15 AM.
  7. MikeN68's Avatar
    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #1127  
    Lunch time - time to play :-)

    Herrie, yeah I figured I'd have to do this again.

    Just Doctored and loading apps again. Blasted HP App Catalog (certificate update) can ONLY be installed by Preware for me, once App Tuckerbox is loaded.

    Anyway, going to install LunaCE 4.9.10, then UberKernel and finally ACL to see if that order of installs works.
  8. #1128  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Lunch time - time to play :-)

    Herrie, yeah I figured I'd have to do this again.

    Just Doctored and loading apps again. Blasted HP App Catalog (certificate update) can ONLY be installed by Preware for me, once App Tuckerbox is loaded.

    Anyway, going to install LunaCE 4.9.10, then UberKernel and finally ACL to see if that order of installs works.
    I turn off Network Time in Date & Time App, change the date to 18-Jun-2013 and then go into Software to install the App Catalog update. That works for me. Alternatively you could save the IPK and use WOSQI or Preware to install
  9. MikeN68's Avatar
    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #1129  
    I keep trying that and it just fails for me. This has been a documented fault on a few units and there is also another thread about saving the IPK as it is actually downloaded, so I'll give that a go when I have a little more time - probably over the weekend. :-)
  10. #1130  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It might also be good to know that there are different releases. OM releases a binary, PIC packages it up and adds various bits and fixes as well in the IPK.
    Absolutely - and in terms of version numbers here's what I know. The first three digits are reserved for OpenMobile and refer to the corresponding .bin distribution from OpenMobile to PIC. Of these three digits, OpenMobile seems to be reserving the first digit to indicate production release where 0 seems to mean not production yet. The second digit seems to indicate a signifcant change while the third digit seems to indicate bug fixes. So, 0.4.12 is the 12th release of 0.4 with bug fixes where as 0.6.0 is the first release of that significant new functionality - I love that netflix is working!!!

    On top of those numbers, the PIC Installer uses the patch number as its version indicator. So, an IPK labeled 0.6.0 is simply a pure OpenMobile 0.6.0 release repackaged as an IPK whereas 0.6.0-1 contains a number of PIC developed feature improvements and installer accelerations. In good webos-internals tradition, the PIC Installer carries its change log in the application for all to examine.

    As I mentioned months ago before we started this adventure, PIC has entered into an OEM agreement with OpenMobile and PIC is jointly developing. You will see more evidence of that in the next IPK release 0.6.0-2 which has two EULAs, one for OpenMobile and one for PIC.

    I've only worked with 2 IPK's (0.5.2 and an earlier one 0.4.something). Other versions I worked with were the direct binaries from OM without the PIC packaging & fixes.

    Cuspie seems to get the IPK's from PIC while I get the binaries usually
    Yes and there is a very good reason for that

    Latest IPK is supposed to fix the bug with the USB drive not working when ACL is installed, but I only have the 0.6.0 binary so far so cannot confirm that yet
    I'm hopeful that 0.6.0-2 IPK should be available later in the evening today unless something else is discovered in testing before release. I know PIC wants to ensure that folks don't run into the "ACL wont activate" problem again or if they do that PIC can help the beta tester(s) debug the problem.

    As for the USB drive working - it sure seems to be in 0.6.0-2 but there are a lot of moving pieces here which is why the contibutions of the beta testers is so critical.
  11. #1131  
    This is probably a noob type of question:
    How will acl handle Bluetooth for things like controlpads will we have to still install bluez ime like on android or will the android apps running through acl work with the standard tp bluetooh.
    Cheers.
    Matt.
  12. #1132  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmayatt View Post
    This is probably a noob type of question:
    How will acl handle Bluetooth for things like controlpads will we have to still install bluez ime like on android or will the android apps running through acl work with the standard tp bluetooh.
    Cheers.
    Matt.
    As per release notes, Bluetooth doesn't seem to work (yet), so I believe nobody can currently answer this one at this point in time?
  13. MikeN68's Avatar
    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #1133  
    :-( DEAD TP

    After loading ACL again the icons 'flashed' but nothing happened. Couldn't load anything via WOSQI and USB mode kept telling me there were cards open even though they weren't. Restarted and just had the HP logo on screen.

    Doctor says he can't fix me. Going to have to trawl the forums tonight/weekend to see if it can be resurrected.

    That's the end of my experimenting until I can get the thing stable again.

    Oh bother!
  14. #1134  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    :-( DEAD TP

    After loading ACL again the icons 'flashed' but nothing happened. Couldn't load anything via WOSQI and USB mode kept telling me there were cards open even though they weren't. Restarted and just had the HP logo on screen.

    Doctor says he can't fix me. Going to have to trawl the forums tonight/weekend to see if it can be resurrected.

    That's the end of my experimenting until I can get the thing stable again.

    Oh bother!
    **** happens

    I assume you tried this already:

    Power off your TP, hold volume UP button, turn it on. You will get the USB symbol and should be able to Doctor!
    You MIGHT want to check 3.0.0 Doctor, it seems to do some magic that newer Doctors don't do

    This might help you?
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...ystem_creation
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...54176721,d.d2k
    MikeN68 and eKeith like this.
  15. #1135  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Unfortunately it seems it's ActiveSync 12.0 on 2.3.6 at least that's how it identifies itself on our corporate Exchange server where I need to manually authorize it before it can be used:
    Well that's the same level as webOS but even loosing task-sync on Android 2.3:
    Comparison of Exchange ActiveSync clients - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    So the only option would be going 3rd-party like NitroDesk TouchDown, if it is available for 2.3
  16. #1136  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Well that's the same level as webOS but even loosing task-sync on Android 2.3:
    Comparison of Exchange ActiveSync clients - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    So the only option would be going 3rd-party like NitroDesk TouchDown, if it is available for 2.3
    I actually recall that webOS 2.x has 12.1 already so supports more compared to Android 2.3.6 would need to double check that though

    Yup 12.1 on my webOS devices:

    Information about your mobile phone:
    Device model: Palm
    Device type: Palm
    Device ID: PALMxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Device OS:
    Device user agent: Palm/1.0.1
    Device IMEI:
    Exchange ActiveSync version: 12.1
    Device access state: Quarantined
    Device access state reason: Global
    Last edited by Herrie; 10/18/2013 at 10:35 AM.
  17. MikeN68's Avatar
    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #1137  
    I'll give 3.0.0 a go when I get home (already got that tucked away nice and safe!)

    I can still get the the USB symbol so I can have a go at rebuilding the structure again if everything else fails. Did that before when my experiments with a new Android boot loader took a left turn :-(

    Never a dull moment with webOS. How many i-devices have this much fun? :-D

    Hopefully get back to ACL later . . .
  18. MikeN68's Avatar
    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #1138  
    Just received an email from PIC who believe they have sorted the Activation fail issue. Further details to follow . . .

    Maybe I'll wait before reinstalling ACL :-)
  19. #1139  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Unfortunately it seems it's ActiveSync 12.0 on 2.3.6 at least that's how it identifies itself on our corporate Exchange server where I need to manually authorize it before it can be used:
    I'll have to see if out Exchange server allows this version still. Of course I'd be more excited if this was going to be available for phones - I just don't think it will ever get that far. I'd switch back to be FrankenPre2 in a heartbeat if it did.
  20. #1140  
    Anybody have a copy of the PIC email that has the message about fixing activation issues? I'd like to read it myself for a pivotCE update.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a future for Pre3, Touchpad with ACL?
    By SeiGraph in forum Open webOS General Discussion
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 10/09/2012, 12:23 PM
  2. Mobile Wallet Roll Out Starts With Small Change
    By ilovedessert in forum The 'Off Topic' Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05/20/2011, 11:16 AM
  3. cannot find an app to open a pic??
    By visorhawk in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07/19/2010, 07:56 AM
  4. Replies: 131
    Last Post: 06/03/2010, 05:12 AM
  5. Side Kick 1. Unlock? T-mobile Only
    By SCP_DRUMS in forum Other OS's and Devices
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08/25/2006, 12:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions