Page 54 of 105 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
  1. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    Now I'll try ACL on my TP Go, hopefully it works there
    no it does not work, the Go now hangs in an endless "booting-loop" (I only see the HP logo for 1:10 min, then it blinks up to five times and the screen goes of and starts over) :-(

I have an 3.0.5 installed, but there seem to be some relevant differences :-(

The good thing with the Go is, that you can remove the battery to reset the device, the bad thing is, that there is not official doctor for it, so I have to try "herrie82" inofficial and hope that it will work ...
    no it does not work, the Go now hangs in an endless "booting-loop" (I only see the HP logo for 1:10 min, then it blinks up to five times and the screen goes of and starts over) :-(

The good thing with the Go is, that you can remove the battery to reset the device, the bad thing is, that there is not official doctor for it, so I have to try "herrie82" inofficial and hope that it will work ...
    There is a reset button to avoid removing the battery. Its between the rear camera and the MBM module on the top left side when looking at the rear of the device with the back cover off.

Try the 3.0.4 doctor. for the GO. It was direct from HP without Mods. Only issue I ever had with 3.0.4 on the GO was the accellerometer didn't work. Otherwise it seemed pretty stable. You'll need device tool to get into the device though.

All 3.0.5 doctors for the GO had to be meta'd using the 3.0.5 TP 4G doctor with the GO 3.0.4 doctor, as well as a few other mods from the doctors of several other devices.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 10/15/2013 at 06:19 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.

Somebody correct me here but while the device is rebooting plug it in USB to your computer and run novaterm and connect it. Then issue ipkg remove com.appname (where appname is the app ID of ACL for webOS) then reboot. Sounds like it can't hurt to try at this point anyway.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    TopTongueBarry likes this.
    Guys,

Somebody can test if MX Player & Netflix is working, please?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    That really sucks about it not working on the Go with 3.0.5. Even though I contributed if it comes down to LunaCE or ACL I will stick with LunaCE.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    That really sucks about it not working on the Go with 3.0.5. Even though I contributed if it comes down to LunaCE or ACL I will stick with LunaCE.
    That's a tough choice.

Me I'll opt for ACL on 3.0.4 over Luna CE on 3.0.5

Me also thinks its time to meta a 3.0.5 doctor for the GO without LunaCE if that ends up being the problem.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    cbosdell likes this.
    hope ACL works on usual TP32 with LunaCE 3.0.5, cause ACL vs. LunaCE would be a nobrainer for CE for me

Any of those installed successfully have LunaCE on?
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    On a fresh install of webOS 3.0.5 I (I doctored) both ACL and LunaCE 4.9.10 run nicely together. Just got to figure out what app/patch is stopping ACL from working on my main TP.

Go for it anyway, you can always remove it if it doesn't work. There are only 3 (I believe) reported failures according to the PIC forum on the pre-release, so the odds are with you.
    gizmo21, cujoq37 and Rnp like this.
    Barry,

I can only tell that it hasn't been a problem with CM9. My TP never made it to CM10

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Renater,

RE: It went to the following steps:
    - Create and populate 128mb ext3 Android image
    - 1Gb Android factory data reset
    - Dalvik and Android runtime

Are any of these steps a problem if CM10 is previously installed dual boot?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    On a fresh install of webOS 3.0.5 I (I doctored) both ACL and LunaCE 4.9.10 run nicely together. Just got to figure out what app/patch is stopping ACL from working on my main TP.

Go for it anyway, you can always remove it if it doesn't work. There are only 3 (I believe) reported failures according to the PIC forum on the pre-release, so the odds are with you.
    As soon as i get a link (usual Kickstarter user).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Guys,

Somebody can test if MX Player & Netflix is working, please?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards...
    Yes they are! MX Player doesn't seem to run at proper fps yet (but I expect this is due to graphics acceleration not being 100% yet as they said in the release notes), but it's certainly watchable, I think it's about 20 fps or so.

Netflix starts but I don't have an account to test and didn't have time to signup yet for a month free trial.
    Rnp likes this.
    Just a quick update. My TP4g with webOS 3.05 and LunaCE 4.9.5 won't license ACL. Even after installing an uninstalling, rebooting etc. Support advises me to doctor. I'm not keen to do that at this stage as the 4g is still my daily driver. Maybe when I'm feeling brave over the weekend, but still hoping that someone finds out the cause of this issue.

The good news is that I managed it to install it om my Panda with webOS 3.05 but without LunaCE but with several Preware patches. Same as previous posters I hope it doesn't come down to a choice between LunaCE and ACL. Time will tell.

Some other things which I noticed when playing around a bit:
    - There is no visual clue in the launcher whether it is an Android app or not. Of course you can rename apps yourself :-)
    - The visual animation of the touch feedback when hitting an Android icon is a bit slow or non-responsive at times (not always). Needs to look into that a bit better.
    - The ACL installation comes with a range of pre-installed apps. From Doodlepad (only portrait), Just Draw, Music app to a Clock app, Contacts, Notification (doesn't seem to work), Dev tools, Maps, Speech recorder, camera (doesn't work) and a standard browser. Also all kinds of settings apps which I need to play with.
    Unfortunately not much time till the weekend. Do Like the gallery app displaying my photos, but really need to get used to the Android navigation.When getting to home screen in gallery you also get a very short glimpse of an Android desktop/homescreen. interesting.....

Will do more updates when time allows.

Update: Forgot to tell you that it does do cross app launching. Could launch the Android Camera app from within the Gallery app.
    Last edited by renater; 10/16/2013 at 04:05 AM. Reason: spelling and last minute update
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    Some other things which I noticed when playing around a bit:
    - There is no visual clue in the launcher whether it is an Android app or not. Of course you can rename apps yourself :-)
    Yes found this quite annoying too, would be good if they have an indicator or at least a separate tab
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    - The visual animation of the touch feedback when hitting an Android icon is a bit slow or non-responsive at times (not always). Needs to look into that a bit better.
    My experience as well, and the 2.3.6 keyboard is a real pain and too small for my hands. I would really prefer the webOS keyboard or at least have options

Would need to check LunaCE, will give that a go tonight I guess when I have time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Pogoplug works as well, installs, registered account and ready to go!

Herrie. Thanks! Pm me with your pogoplug account email and I will invite you to the "Herrie" folder on my pogoplug. I put a few small files in it so you can see if you can listen to them and download them. (ps might also need some a file app to help open in pogo--es file explorer does the trick for me on android with pogo)

Curious to see if pdfs can be opened and annotated without wifi. Foxit pdf reader is free from Amazon, perhaps you can try it when you have time?

Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Not sure how or why but my latest re-install of ACL on my main TP has just started to work! I was booted to CM10 all morning and wanted to get back to webOS. Restarted and 'Holy Crap' ACL is running. I didn't do anything to it and it didn't work when I loaded it this morning. 4 hours in CM10 (or something PIC did to their server?) and it mow works :-)

Happy days
    cujoq37 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Herrie. Thanks! Pm me with your pogoplug account email and I will invite you to the "Herrie" folder on my pogoplug. I put a few small files in it so you can see if you can listen to them and download them. (ps might also need some a file app to help open in pogo--es file explorer does the trick for me on android with pogo)

Curious to see if pdfs can be opened and annotated without wifi. Foxit pdf reader is free from Amazon, perhaps you can try it when you have time?

Thanks again.
    Sent PM with account. Will try Foxit PDF Reader when I have time. Only tried Adobe PDF Reader so far and that one opened PDF's fine. Just couldn't figure out a way for annotation there (if it's there, not sure?).
    Will this be available for the public and at which price?

One person donated more than 7500 USD? Pooh (okay he got a two day trip to NYC and a TP 4G)
    Quote Originally Posted by nichtwirklich View Post
    Will this be available for the public and at which price?

One person donated more than 7500 USD? Pooh (okay he got a two day trip to NYC and a TP 4G)
    Phxdevices added documentation to HP App Catalog a couple of weeks ago which has the details. I think the price is $30,- or so?. Checked the app it's $ 29,99 for pre-order via their site
    Last edited by Herrie; 10/16/2013 at 08:58 AM.
    When is the full kickstarter backer edition out then , im gagging to use ACL , the wifi on cm10 keeps dropping out , doesn't do it on webos.
    Im getting impatient now can you tell, wish PIC would let us know something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Sent PM with account. Will try Foxit PDF Reader when I have time. Only tried Adobe PDF Reader so far and that one opened PDF's fine. Just couldn't figure out a way for annotation there (if it's there, not sure?).
    Cool, I invited you, let me know if it works. I think you need ES file explorer also installed or something similar but you can see what happens.

The pdf annotation is contained in special apps like repligo etc. Those cost money so if you don't have them, probably foxit could be fine to test as it is free.

Speaking of free apps which then probably have access to your personal data, what is the personal data that the android apps have access to? Do they have permissions to see the webOS side of things, for example?

Someone asked about Amazon. Yes, amazon makes you sign in these days to its App Store to use most apps including browsers except I did not have to sign in for netflix. The stock jellybean cyanogenmod jellybean has a browser but flash seems buggy on it.