Page 53 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3 434849505152535455565758 63 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    I did this the easy way - Use SubOrbital to create a new tab called ACL and place it as the 2nd along. Run the ACL installer and all the new icons will appear on that new tab. You can then re-shuffle the tabs as you like.

Always make a backup! :-)
    Yes that's an option too of course Is SubOrbital free by the way?
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Zukny - I heard about the wi-fi issue, but mine is always on and connected. I'll doctor my spare TP and try the install on a 'virgin' tonight!

Herrie - I think so! Another great and convenient app from the wonderful devs. If it's a paid app it's probably just a few pence/cents/etc.. and worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Zukny - I heard about the wi-fi issue, but mine is always on and connected. I'll doctor my spare TP and try the install on a 'virgin' tonight!

Herrie - I think so! Another great and convenient app from the wonderful devs. If it's a paid app it's probably just a few pence/cents/etc.. and worth it.
    Agree, like to support the devs, but not everyone is in that position due to the silly HP App Store and it's limits in accepting payments.... I needed to get a pre-paid US card in order to be able to purchase from US app catalog
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Will check, this is for your employer not allowing you to use Exchange anymore with TP's EAS version?
    You got it. I think it is specifically the EAS identifier, not the version. I know about the identifier hack, but this ACL would be safer for me to use.
    Yes but only for beta testers Pre-release don't have such restrictions (see discussion at ACL for Touchpad beta release tomorrow?). Seeing that pre-release is out now, I doubt anyone will have problems with me disclosing what works and doesn't If I don't others will do it anyway.

I had a bit of a head start so can already give some pointers to the people who got access now so they don't have to reinvent the wheel
    If you were one of the pre-release group not a problem If you were beta, be careful as NDA's don't allow for the discussions of what went on during testing. Even HP held our group to a very strict rule of not even disclosing that we were Beta testers until the NDA ran out.
  6. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    and install the Amazon App Store.
    is it necessary to log into Amazon to be able do download apps? If so, this will not a solution for me.

install them using APK Installer, ES File Explorer or another tool to install your APK's.
    Any other way to install one of them?

Is there a website where you can download and install them?

I tried to copy my APKs in the same directory where the FF-download is, but anyway they are not shown by the download-app :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    If you were one of the pre-release group not a problem If you were beta, be careful as NDA's don't allow for the discussions of what went on during testing. Even HP held our group to a very strict rule of not even disclosing that we were Beta testers until the NDA ran out.
    I don't release anything I don't feel comfortable with
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    is it necessary to log into Amazon to be able do download apps? If so, this will not a solution for me.

Any other way to install one of them?

Is there a website where you can download and install them?

I tried to copy my APKs in the same directory where the FF-download is, but anyway they are not shown by the download-app :-(
    Well there are some sites where you can get APK, but not officially in general.

For Amazon you need to login with your Amazon account (I have one for .de and one for .com so I don't care too much to be honest).

I have a Chrome extension that allows me to save APK's from the Play Store, that works quite well, but you still need to have a way to install them on your TP then.
    Rnp likes this.
    If there's any specific apps you want me to test, just post the Google Play links and I'll give them a go. All the ones that are 2.3+ compatible worked for me (and I tested around 50 or so), except for 1 or 2 maybe that crashed in my early version of ACL.
    I would love to know if Plants vs. Zombies, PowerAmp, Google Plus/Hangouts, and Tank Hero/Tank Hero Laser Wars works:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....popcap.pvz_na

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pz.audioplayer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.android.talk

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...games.tankhero

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....laserwarsfree

I think most of them have free trials. Also, will Android music players play sound over Bluetooth on the TouchPad?
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Also, will Android music players play sound over Bluetooth on the TouchPad?
    PIC Kick Starts the TouchPad with Open Mobile ACL

No bluetooth yet
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    I was hoping this was just for other Bluetooth services.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Android mail: Yes default 2.3.6 one, didn't check Exchange.
    Adobe Reader : Yes.
    Documents To Go: Yes, launches OK didn't try registration etc, but usually launching OK means it works OK.
    Plants vs Zombies: No demo.
    PowerAmp: Yes.
    Hangouts: Currently not because it requires Play Services.
    Tank Hero: Yes and accelerated.
    Tank Hero Laser Wars: Wouldn't install for me currently.Installs now, doesn't start still. Rebooted and still no go unfortunately.

Last edited by Herrie; 10/15/2013 at 03:07 PM.
    Browsers and VOIP apps functionality would make me a happy man!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Renater,

RE: It went to the following steps:
    - Create and populate 128mb ext3 Android image
    - 1Gb Android factory data reset
    - Dalvik and Android runtime

Are any of these steps a problem if CM10 is previously installed dual boot?

Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    It's there! Just received the email with download and installation instructions from PIC.

Maybe we need a new thread for the pre-release, but in the meantime, here is some info about the release status and my installation experience below:

As this is a Pre-Release version it will have some new features and enhancements, defects, limitations, and known issues.* Please refer to the Product Release specifications below.
    New Features & Enhancements

∑******** Accelerated graphics is functioning properly (But still not at full speed)
    ∑******** Map intents
    ∑******** Marketing Links are handled by the AppMall
    ∑******** Notifications now supply more detailed information
    Limitations

The Pre-Release of ACL for webOS has the following limitations and/or missing functionality:

∑******** ACL is not Upgradable at this stage. You will have to uninstall it before to install a new ACL for webOS version.
    ∑******** Hardware video decoding is currently not supported.
    ∑******** Camera currently not supported.
    ∑******** Center LED currently not supported.
    ∑******** Vibrator currently not supported.
    ∑******** Rooting device currently not supported.
    ∑******** Google services currently not supported (except In App Billing temporary workaround and Map Intents)
    ∑******** Bluetooth is out of scope for this release
    ∑******** Google and other account-type set up currently not supported.
    ∑******** Adobe currently not supported
    Known Issues

∑******** Tilt does not currently function correctly in some games
    ∑******** Downloading Google Play causes ACL to crash

Update:
    My installation experience:
    - Started install through Preware (downloaded IPK on PC and transferred to Touchpad with WIFI Sharing)
    IPK file is around 50mb
    - Installing took several minutes and other apps choked during install, so best to leave it alone when installing, I figured.
    It went to the following steps:
    - Create and populate 128mb ext3 Android image
    - 1Gb Android factory data reset
    - Dalvik and Android runtime
    At the end of the installation I got a message that my TP4g which has a lot of MP3 was 90% full (under 2Gb left). So make sure you have a couple of GBs left before you start installing.

So I'm now the proud owner of an Android icon on my TP named ACL for webOS Touchpad (v0.5.1-2)

And now reboot!

to be continued......
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Browsers and VOIP apps functionality would make me a happy man!
    Firefox is fine, also tried various Opera's (normal, mobile, HD) but don't recall which ones worked and how their scores were on www.html5test.com

Only one not working for sure currently is Chrome due to the fact is uses features that are not in 2.3.6 :'(

Last edited by Herrie; 10/15/2013 at 02:56 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    SlideME | Android Apps Market: Download Free & Paid Android Applications is a quit decent app store too!

Another one available from the Market/Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.lite.android
    renater likes this.
    Pogoplug works as well, installs, registered account and ready to go!
    Firefox is fine, also tried various Opera's (normal, mobile, HD) but don't recall which ones worked and how their scores were on www.html5test.com

Only one not working for sure currently is Chrome due to the fact is uses features that are not in 2.3.6 :'(

Any VOIP apps tested yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Any VOIP apps tested yet?
    Not by me.... I don't really use anything besides Skype to be honest....
  20. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Are any of these steps a problem if CM10 is previously installed dual boot
    I have installed CM9 on my TP-64 and have had no problems with installing ACL.

So this seems not to be a real problem.

Now I'll try ACL on my TP Go, hopefully it works there, including GPS, because one of my favourit apps I really like to see working there.

BTW: The installation of ACL needs nearly 10 min on both my devices and I have done a reboot after installation.