Page 52 of 105 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Herrie, Both I and Renater have installed ACL but so far cannot do anything with it due to a failed license message. We have both raised this on the PHXdevices website.

I have also uninstalled, and reinstalled using WOSQI (I used Internalz before) in the hope there was some weird config issue, but still no luck for me :-(

If you have any contacts there, can you ask them to check their forum?

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Herrie, Both I and Renater have installed ACL but so far cannot do anything with it due to a failed license message. We have both raised this on the PHXdevices website.

I have also uninstalled, and reinstalled using WOSQI (I used Internalz before) in the hope there was some weird config issue, but still no luck for me :-(

Cheers
    I'll do that when I get home in about 4 hours. The versions I tested were raw binaries from OM, this IPK has a lot of added things which I didn't have in these raw binaries.

The versions I tested before didn't have any licensing and activation yet, so I cannot comment on how this works actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    If there's any specific apps you want me to test, just post the Google Play links and I'll give them a go. All the ones that are 2.3+ compatible worked for me (and I tested around 50 or so), except for 1 or 2 maybe that crashed in my early version of ACL.
    That's the most interesting for me: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ozilla.firefox
    If you have firefox on your desktop, could you test if sync works?
    k4ever likes this.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    You never know, maybe PIC will come good with this license issue too.

Damn frustrating though!

Does anyone else have the pre-release? Do you have it working or the same license issue?
    Last edited by MikeN68; 10/15/2013 at 07:37 AM. Reason: extra bits added . .
    Kickstarter backer here also and have yet to receive any email. :/

ETA: Just read someone else's comment they think this was the "pre-release" which sucks because it's already been a month since all Kickstarter backers were expecting ACL. I think I speak for everyone when I say I don't care if it still has issues. Sure they need to be addressed but give us something to us to enjoy and get used to in the interim.
    Last edited by cbosdell; 10/15/2013 at 07:51 AM.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    k4ever likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Kickstarter backer here also and have yet to receive any email. :/

ETA: Just read someone else's comment they think this was the "pre-release" which sucks because it's already been a month since all Kickstarter backers were expecting ACL. I think I speak for everyone when I say I don't care if it still has issues. Sure they need to be addressed but give us something to us to enjoy and get used to in the interim.
    With the above descriped licence issues i'd rather wait another week, than beeing even more frustated from the start.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    This is absolutely a pre-release - as stated by Renater previously.

There are still a few items that need looking at, but this (when the license is sorted) should still be a workable solution unless all you want it for is games!

Roll on the final release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    That's the most interesting for me: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ozilla.firefox
    If you have firefox on your desktop, could you test if sync works?
    I can confirm latest Firefox (23 or 24 from Play Store don't remember) works without any problems with the last version I tried which was dated early last week (supposedly the same as the current released version just without the added PIC extras and packaging)!

I got 422 at The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5? with this version which is pretty damn good! I would need to check the sync though, didn't do that, but I guess it will work.
    Garfonso likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Christmas is on Dec. 24th (in some countries celebrated on Dec. 25th).
    Always.
    And you get the presents on that day.
    Always (except in the sad case when you haven't got friends or family).

This is not christmas, because
    a) you don't have a date and
    b) it is not sure that you will ever get anything...

sorry to hear you were a deprived kid buddy.......my mom and dad used to give me christmas stuff all the time,anytime......but now we have that present that we're trying to learn how it works, kinda like that remote control airplane !
    Herrie, could you please check pogoplug app?
    Once you get it up and sign in, please let me know and I will invite you to a folder with some files.

With Adobe not working, does that mean it won't read pdfs?

Reading and annotating pdfs would be very helpful for work tasks as webOS has a hard time with that function without workarounds. It would be great if ACL can fill the gap.

What about docs to go? You can install a version of that from amazon to see if it works.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Herrie, could you please check pogoplug app?
    Once you get it up and sign in, please let me know and I will invite you to a folder with some files.

With Adobe not working, does that mean it won't read pdfs?

Reading and annotating pdfs would be very helpful for work tasks as webOS has a hard time with that function without workarounds. It would be great if ACL can fill the gap.

What about docs to go? You can install a version of that from amazon to see if it works.

Thanks.
    Will give those a go tonight when I got a chance (and when the pre-release version works, if not I'll revert back to my previous version).
  12. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I can confirm latest Firefox (23 or 24 from Play Store don't remember) works without any problems with the last version
    OK, for me Firefox 24 is working too, I had to install it by downloading with the Android/ACL webbrowser, because right now I do not know how to install side-loaded apks.

Normaly I use an Android filemanager to do so, but I don't have one on the TP at the moment.

Well and after the (probably failed) update of the OM App-Store, it does not load anymore.

And one thing I do not like at all is, that after installation of ACL there are a lot of new Android icons, I never will need ...
    Last edited by thg; 10/15/2013 at 08:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Christmas is on Dec. 24th (in some countries celebrated on Dec. 25th).
    Always.
    And you get the presents on that day.
    Always (except in the sad case when you haven't got friends or family).

This is not christmas, because
    a) you don't have a date and
    b) it is not sure that you will ever get anything...

your right, are we ever going to get anything
    Is the Android email client pre-installed and does it support Exchange Server?
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    OK, for me Firefox 24 is working too, I had to install it by downloading with the Android/ACL webbrowser, because right now I do not know how to install side-loaded apks.

Normaly I use an Android filemanager to do so, but I don't have one on the TP at the moment.
    See my post earlier where I give quite some instructions on how to do this
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    Well and after the (probably failed) update of the OM App-Store, it does not load anymore.

And one thing I do not like at all is, that after installation of ACL there are a lot of new Android icons, I never will need
    OM App-Store is no good or broken currently what I understood from PIC. Install Amazon App Store, from there you have more possibilities. Android Market can get to work, found some files somewhere to get this working. Google Play I didn't get to work yet, but will give it another go later.

For all the icons:
    I have a work-around for this which appeared in the leaked video last week but doesn't seem to be included in the pre-release IPK (yet).

I customized the "Additonal Launcher Tabs"-patch here in the forum and added an ACL-tab and manually moved my ACL stuff there. Ideally this would be created at installation and the ACL icons would go there, just like any Android apps installed.
    Last edited by Herrie; 10/15/2013 at 09:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Is the Android email client pre-installed and does it support Exchange Server?
    Will check, this is for your employer not allowing you to use Exchange anymore with TP's EAS version?
    ...As part of an internal test team I tested 50 or so Netherlands specific apps in the last couple of weeks and found 90+% of them working fine with all features as expected......
    Didn't they require an NDA for testers?
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    See my post earlier where I give quite some instructions on how to do this

I customized the "Additonal Launcher Tabs"-patch here in the forum and added an ACL-tab and manually moved my ACL stuff there. Ideally this would be created at installation and the ACL icons would go there, just like any Android apps installed.
    I did this the easy way - Use SubOrbital to create a new tab called ACL and place it as the 2nd along. Run the ACL installer and all the new icons will appear on that new tab. You can then re-shuffle the tabs as you like.

Always make a backup! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Didn't they require an NDA for testers?
    Yes but only for beta testers Pre-release don't have such restrictions (see discussion at ACL for Touchpad beta release tomorrow?). Seeing that pre-release is out now, I doubt anyone will have problems with me disclosing what works and doesn't If I don't others will do it anyway.

I had a bit of a head start so can already give some pointers to the people who got access now so they don't have to reinvent the wheel
    RumoredNow and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post

Cheers
    Interesting, this was installed on a few TouchPads last night as a test before the email was sent out and everything went smoothly. The caveat was to ensure the WIFI on the TouchPad was turned on throughout the installation process.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Sprint Instinct > Palm Pre > Blackberry Curve (3 months) > Pre3 (att) > Pre3 (verizon)