Page 48 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152535898 ... LastLast
Like Tree1415Likes
    Great Googley Moogley... that horrible Barry! The IRS has hammered my GF's business with an audit that crippled them. They perhaps owe $2-3k because of an adding mistake, but now they are claiming the business owes $95K (wha???). Still fighting it ourselves, but it hasn't gone the garnishment route... yet.

I feel for you!! I hope you make it through until it can get resolved!

Yes... I hope ACL gets released especially now!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yes... I hope ACL gets released especially now!
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Maybe I can barter my Touchpads for more food with the ACL on 'em!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Oh yikes, Barry.

(Don't release ACL till I snatch up Barry's TPs! )

Really though, that stinks. They're going to start shutting down departments at my job over the next few days as their carryovers wear off. Then I have about two weeks of 2012 vacay/pt left to burn to cover furlough. Time I may use to drive to DC to flip off the GOP in person unless the ACL comes out to distract me.

And this isn't to mention the untold expense we'll incur if we have to shut down and start back up all the research we're doing. Factor that into the debt while they're at it.
    Well.. I guess: "What goes around, comes around."

. But I don't think also having a totally dysfunctional 'Government', should prevent ACL occuring.. eventually!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Still no ACL then , and still no eta of when will will get it....doh!
    Nothing as of yet, but I'm not allowed to say anything more
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Nothing as of yet, but I'm not allowed to say anything more
    Herrie, what is your kickstarter level? Are you a beta candidate? Are you a pre-release candidate?

If you are a pre-release candidate, did you get an email or some acknowledgement from project heads that the software was not released to you last week as announced on the kickstarter page? Did they communicate a new release date to you?

If they did not communicate with the pre-release candidates about the missed dates, that is not a good sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Herrie, what is your kickstarter level? Are you a beta candidate? Are you a pre-release candidate?

If you are a pre-release candidate, did you get an email or some acknowledgement from project heads that the software was not released to you last week as announced on the kickstarter page? Did they communicate a new release date to you?

If they did not communicate with the pre-release candidates about the missed dates, that is not a good sign.
    I just have 3 licenses in via Kickstarter (no special level). I signed a NDA with Phoenix long time ago to be part of their team to support the future of webOS with their projects and help where I can with what's within my expertise/knowledge.

Due to my personal situation I haven't been too involved in the last 6 months (so basically the whole ACL period), so I cannot comment too much about it, since I'm not part of their communications team either.

I just have informal contacts with the guys who are more involved in the daily project management on a regular basis and helped with some minor things related to ACL in the last couple of weeks. I cannot speak on behalf of Phoenix and everything they shared with me I consider to be under the NDA so I cannot disclose it here.

I'm sure Marc or Daniel from Phoenix will update everyone shortly on the current status.
    I just have 3 licenses in via Kickstarter (no special level). I signed a NDA with Phoenix long time ago to be part of their team to support the future of webOS with their projects and help where I can with what's within my expertise/knowledge.

Due to my personal situation I haven't been too involved in the last 6 months (so basically the whole ACL period), so I cannot comment too much about it, since I'm not part of their communications team either.

I just have informal contacts with the guys who are more involved in the daily project management on a regular basis and helped with some minor things related to ACL in the last couple of weeks. I cannot speak on behalf of Phoenix and everything they shared with me I consider to be under the NDA so I cannot disclose it here.

I'm sure Marc or Daniel from Phoenix will update everyone shortly on the current status.
    I wish Phoenix would do a better job of communicating with us on this. We donated money to them for this project. So far they have missed every date they set. Instead of telling us ahead of time (like they did immediately after they took our money) that they are going to miss a date, we've had to ask them what happened after the date they set has already come and past. That's not a good way to instill trust in a project.

Its been 10 days since they missed their last date. We received a notification after the date was missed (of course) but have not heard a peep out of them since then. What gives? A little communication goes a long way.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    Rnp likes this.
    I can only agree with this.... Communication can be improved.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2

I'm pretty sure based on your NDA you can't tell us what is going on. However, since you are on good speaking terms with people at PIC, please pass to them that they need to do a better job of keeping us up to date. I don't normally bother open source projects that I donate money to (after I have used the product), but this is not an open source project. Our small community raised over $45,000 for PIC to deliver a product to us. I think we deserve to know the status of that project given the amount of money we invested.

Passed it along already and being worked on :-)

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I I'm sure Marc or Daniel from Phoenix will update everyone shortly on the current status.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Its been 10 days since they missed their last date. We received a notification after the date was missed (of course) but have not heard a peep out of them since then. What gives? A little communication goes a long way.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    I think we deserve to know the status of that project given the amount of money we invested.
    I hope they don't experience any unexpected problems that cause them to delay releasing "current status" to us ..........
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 10/07/2013 at 06:44 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    cbosdell likes this.
    A "waiting on ACL for webOS" haiku:
    No word from PIC team
    Another update-less day
    Buying Kleenex stock
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I hope they don't experience any unexpected problems that cause them to delay releasing "current status" to us ..........
    We are having problems with our twitterhz so we are unable to give an update. Thanks for your patience.

:P

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

Ok so you passed it along almost 24hrs ago. No a word from PIC. Must not be working on it hard enough. Only takes a minute to post a response here or on their Kickstarter website.

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    johncc likes this.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I think they have nothing to reply because they make no progress on the issue that causes the delay. What they gonna say? We can't solve the current issue currently while we won't refund your money? Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Well that's only another 13 years to beat my all time favorite Vaporware Duke Nukem Forever: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vaporware
    hehe....it's alright chaps....I mean we've been waiting for a while already, there is no major loss with another wait..for a couple months. Is webos going anywhere in the meantime? .. No. Will there be new hardware? No So it's main purpose is to ensure we keep our touchpad warm on our laps.

RumoredNow, eKeith and lansing like this.