Page 47 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797 ... LastLast
Like Tree1415Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    So is there some big problem (graphics acceleration?) which they can't figure out yet?
    I've only been loosely following this but as I understand it, that is correct. Graphics acceleration is still spotty and glitchy depending on the app. Last I heard, the fix they thought would work didn't exactly solve the problem, so they were getting a bit stumped on how to make it ready for prime time.

That doesn't mean ACL won't work, but without acceleration some apps would be slow to the point of not being useful (games, netflix, etc).
    So ... September is at an end and ACL is not here yet.
    Who do you believe is the winner of the unreliability contest? OM? PIC? Or still HP?
    Yepp, we have a lot of companies to choose from ...
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Today's the day. Time to see if they deliver some kind of product or not. :/ Another delay at this point would just be insane.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    stung likes this.
    That's why I never supported them !!! When it is out I will buy it via the official route...
    Sorry but in Greece we say "Where you hear of Lots of fruit, carry a small basket".
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Today's the day. Time to see if they deliver some kind of product or not. :/ Another delay at this point would just be insane.
    UPDATE – ACL for Touchpad public release delayed…again | pivotCE

Don't forget to bookmark news.pivotce.com!
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    RumoredNow and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    thats looking pretty good now.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I blame the pending government shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by pivotCE
    webOS is still ahead of it’s time
    Darn skippy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    I blame the pending government shutdown.
    I'm a "blue-suiter" so if it shuts down I still have to come to work but might not get paid :-| My civilian counterpart, however, will not be paid or allowed to work. We don't get along really well so that suits me fine. Not being paid...does not suit me fine.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I'm a "blue-suiter" so if it shuts down I still have to come to work but might not get paid :-| My civilian counterpart, however, will not be paid or allowed to work. We don't get along really well so that suits me fine. Not being paid...does not suit me fine.
    Not to derail the thread, but ditto. We've been told to continue work, but don't know for how long. They've "generously" allowed us to use vacation time as well (it's money otherwise waiting in their savings for us to use) if things get really crazy. Sigh.
    You know what would be great to get our minds off the US govt pending shutdown? News on the beta-testing release of ACL for Touchpad. Any beta testers out there had contact with PIC since their last delay message? (back on topic...see what I did there?)
    Follow me on Twitter
    ananimus and MikeN68 like this.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    BTW anyone still waiting for the t-shirts etc from the Kickstarter? Haven't seen mine yet.
    I haven't yet received the bundle, too, but what I'm waiting for - like everybody - is the ACL release.
    Pre³ (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    I was worried about my order too, but it just showed up today in the mail. Return address was from Wilmington Deleware.
    So any news from the pre-release front, it's end of "next week"? Oh or did i mix up again that a week starts on sundays on other countries and we won't hear anything till 12th of september?
    No, nothing at all; the last news were confusing on the "schedule" and it could have been this week.

I think they should release; whatever ACL can do.

And release now.
    TopTongueBarry likes this.
    Not looking good, normally where kickstarter is concerned no news is bad news, wonder what sort of bugs they have hit with hardware acceleration.
    Maybe it has massively reduced the battery time or something , I've been having trouble with a few kickstarters lately, think im gonna stop funding them.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    So any news from the pre-release front, it's end of "next week"? Oh or did i mix up again that a week starts on sundays on other countries and we won't hear anything till 12th of september?
    12th of October you mean?

I cannot comment on anything on behalf of PIC, I just know they're working hard on sorting issues and I expect we'll see an announcement from them shortly
  17. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmayatt View Post
    I've been having trouble with a few kickstarters lately, think im gonna stop funding them.
    this is the risk of most KickStarter projects and is the intension of all of them, no risk, no fun!
  18. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    So any news from the pre-release front, it's end of "next week"?
    so "my" week definitely still has around 36 hours to end, but actually I do not care.

I'm sure that PIC/OM still is trying to fix the major issues and that they will release it if it's done.

But nevertheless I would love to see more information about the project status ...
    Bad week for me:
    Monday

No ACL release
    IRS garnishes my wages claiming I owe money for proceeds on sale of Palm stock shares back in 2010
    Tuesday
    No ACL Release
    I prepare documentation to fax to IRS showing I don't owe what they say I do.
    US Govt Shuts down - IRS furloughed - No one is there to receive my fax or to release the levy on my earnings
    Wednesday
    No ACL Release
    US Govt remains shut down - Keep in mind, I don't owe them the $$ they claim I owe them and I have docs proving it.
    Thursday
    No ACL Release
    US Govt remains shut down
    Friday
    No ACL Release
    US Govt remains shut down- no one at IRS office to receive my fax or to release levy.
    1st paycheck hammered (for $$ i do not owe the IRS)

If the US Govt shutdown lasts very long, I will be living in the street, and bartering my WebOS devices for food!

Come on PIC, please release the ACL. I could really use something positive to hang my hat on this week!

(Maybe I can barter my Touchpads for more food with the ACL on 'em!!)
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 10/04/2013 at 03:54 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    wow, Barry, sorry for your troubles. Renewed respect for webOS internals for not releasing anticipated release dates on their projects. Of course openmobile and phoenix took money in advance, I hope they at least give to prerelease candidates today.