Page 40 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
  1. #781  
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    I am absolutely giddy with excitement

    I'm on my way to New York to have a very nice dinner, see a broadway show, and get ... WAIT FOR IT ...

    A brand new White Touchpad running the ACL!

    Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I will have the Touchpad in my grubby little hands sometime this weekend, hopefully by late Friday night, and then we shall see what we shall see.

    • Will it have graphics acceleration - who knows?
    • Will it have bugs - almost certainly as this is an "early" early release.
    • Will there be some early disappointments - you bet!


    But folks, the ACL for the Touchpad is finally real and I will have the proof in my hands this weekend.

    Most importantly, this is the next step of PIC meeting their published schedule! I know we were all sadden by the fact that PIC had to update their schedule and delay the anticipated delivery dates. But PIC is delivering on their published schedule exactly as promised!!!

    Wahoo!
    Take us with you!!!!!! lol
  2. #782  
    OK Folks, I know the drill ... if you don't have pictures then it didn't happen.

    So, here are some starting pictures. I will have more soon, including video ... just be patient!

    The first picture shows the current ACL / Android version - its the Settings -> About Phone page.

    The second picture is actually a bug ... it turns out that it is currently possible to accidently get to the Android home screen (and its fully functional!!). The bug will be fixed, but I couldn't think of a better picture to show the reality.

    There are still issues - this is only 0.4.10-webos of the ACL. But it's not bad!

    More when I get back home tonight!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    eKeith likes this.
  3. #783  
    Are you sure it's okay to share this? (But thanks)
  4. #784  
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    OK Folks, I know the drill ... if you don't have pictures then it didn't happen.

    So, here are some starting pictures. I will have more soon, including video ... just be patient!

    The first picture shows the current ACL / Android version - its the Settings -> About Phone page.

    The second picture is actually a bug ... it turns out that it is currently possible to accidently get to the Android home screen (and its fully functional!!). The bug will be fixed, but I couldn't think of a better picture to show the reality.

    There are still issues - this is only 0.4.10-webos of the ACL. But it's not bad!

    More when I get back home tonight!
    Build 2013-08-14 so we nearly have "nightly"-snap here, or am i interpreting Build Number wrong here?
  5. #785  
    I understood from Phoenix that a lot of development is going on still to deliver the best product possible to all the Kickstarter backers. Nightly builds therefore don't sound unlikely to me. That's all I personally feel comfortable sharing. I'm sure Marc @ Phoenix could provide more info when required.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 08/18/2013 at 12:34 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  6. #786  
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    OK Folks, I know the drill ... if you don't have pictures then it didn't happen.

    So, here are some starting pictures. I will have more soon, including video ... just be patient!

    The first picture shows the current ACL / Android version - its the Settings -> About Phone page.

    The second picture is actually a bug ... it turns out that it is currently possible to accidently get to the Android home screen (and its fully functional!!). The bug will be fixed, but I couldn't think of a better picture to show the reality.

    There are still issues - this is only 0.4.10-webos of the ACL. But it's not bad!

    More when I get back home tonight!
    is that the android desktop/homescreen in 1 of those pics? i thought the whole point of acl was to never have to interact with the android desktop and just "invisibly" launch their apps from webOS?

    how exactly is it working for you atm.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  7. eKeith's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #787  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    is that the android desktop/homescreen in 1 of those pics? i thought the whole point of acl was to never have to interact with the android desktop and just "invisibly" launch their apps from webOS?

    how exactly is it working for you atm.
    Perhaps "the bug" is one where the Android launcher "app" is erroneously executed on the closure (swipe back gesture) of Android apps. This does not necessarily mean that other Android apps cannot be natively executed from the launcher itself. Closing them might be the problem... Just speculating...



    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Remy X likes this.
  8. #788  
    Is cuspid the one who contributed 7500? If so and I was Phoenix I'd let him do whatever he wanted.
    Today the 2 year anniv of leoacopalyse so it's nice to read these posts today. Can't wait also for openWebos on my touchpad or some other device. Herrie, what is the latest?
    ananimus likes this.
  9. #789  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Is cuspid the one who contributed 7500? If so and I was Phoenix I'd let him do whatever he wanted.
    Today the 2 year anniv of leoacopalyse so it's nice to read these posts today. Can't wait also for openWebos on my touchpad or some other device. Herrie, what is the latest?
    Lots of good work done by the Ports team, slow but steady progress every week actually. Lots of work being done is actually for a good foundation for the future.
    RumoredNow and gderoiste like this.
  10. #790  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Are you sure it's okay to share this? (But thanks)
    First - I haven't signed an NDA so, yup - it's legal.

    But second - I've just finished a very nice conversation with both Matthew and Marc this morning to complete our weekend adventure. They have both looked at the post and are not only happy with what I posted but poked at me a bit to ask: "so, that's all you posted?"

    So - I'm packing up, leaving the hotel and will be home later today. More posts will follow!!
  11. #791  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I understood from Phoenix that a lot of development is going on still to deliver the best product possible to all the Kickstarter backers. Nightly builds therefore don't sound unlikely to me. That's all I personally feel comfortable sharing. I'm sure Marc @ Phoenix could provide more info when required.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I feel quite comfortable in saying that yes indeed - development is very much still going on but more importantly, they are burning down the bug list. Now most of the bug lists are under NDA so I do have direct access to any of this, but we chatted about the issues that I found and correlated several of them back to known bugs being working on right now.

    I did pass on the comments about lack of visibility into the development process and PIC was going to look into the best way to address that while not violating their contractual commitments.

    But meantime, I've been told to be ready for multiple regular releases over the next few weeks as the bugs are burnt down.
  12. #792  
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    Perhaps "the bug" is one where the Android launcher "app" is erroneously executed on the closure (swipe back gesture) of Android apps. This does not necessarily mean that other Android apps cannot be natively executed from the launcher itself. Closing them might be the problem... Just speculating...



    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    "The bug" is that ACL should always hide this from you and provide a webOS style launcher interface to the Android applications. There was a bit of discussion today about the confusion being seen by early testers, including myself, on how to deal with apps of the same name but of different vintage - webOS native versus Android. It's something that PIC is looking into how to address.

    But as a quick way to show I'm running the ACL on my Touchpad - I thanked PIC for the bug!
  13. eKeith's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #793  
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    "The bug" is that ACL should always hide this from you and provide a webOS style launcher interface to the Android applications. There was a bit of discussion today about the confusion being seen by early testers, including myself, on how to deal with apps of the same name but of different vintage - webOS native versus Android. It's something that PIC is looking into how to address.

    But as a quick way to show I'm running the ACL on my Touchpad - I thanked PIC for the bug!
    This makes sense to me. Thanks for confirming. Somehow they need to hijack the back swipe on Android apps only to prevent it from executing the Android launcher...

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  14. #794  
    As some of the devs know the HP/Palm documentation and samples were far from clear and complete with very few examples besides some Hello Worlds. I'm quite sure PIC and OM ran into the same at their end. Most things would not be impossible to fix but it simply takes time and quite some trial & error.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  15. #795  
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    There was a bit of discussion today about the confusion being seen by early testers, including myself, on how to deal with apps of the same name but of different vintage - webOS native versus Android. It's something that PIC is looking into how to address.
    Ha. I love bugs like this: the ones you don't think of until implementation where they jump out and bite you.
  16. #796  
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    "The bug" is that ACL should always hide this from you and provide a webOS style launcher interface to the Android applications. There was a bit of discussion today about the confusion being seen by early testers, including myself, on how to deal with apps of the same name but of different vintage - webOS native versus Android. It's something that PIC is looking into how to address.

    But as a quick way to show I'm running the ACL on my Touchpad - I thanked PIC for the bug!
    cant android apps with an identical name to a webOS one just have the word "Android" prefixed to the app name.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Remy X likes this.
  17. T-Pad's Avatar
    Posts
    327 Posts
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    #797  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    cant android apps with an identical name to a webOS one just have the word "Android" prefixed to the app name.
    I would prefer a "(Android)" suffix over a prefix. But however the solution will look like - I can't wait to get hold of a copy myself.
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    renater likes this.
  18. eKeith's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #798  
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    I would prefer a "(Android)" suffix over a prefix. But however the solution will look like - I can't wait to get hold of a copy myself.
    How about just a simple asterisk superscript?

    In any event, I suspect that this is just cosmetic as each app would have its own ID.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  19. #799  
    Saw this page recording webOS and webOS apps on the Phoenix site today.
    webOS | PIC - Phoenix International Communications

    Was it always there or is this something new?

    Phoenix, if you are listening, would be great if you could also be another outlet to help webos ports publicize some of their work...

    Viva la webOS! (if its on the internet, you can never count on it dying)
  20. #800  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Saw this page recording webOS and webOS apps on the Phoenix site today.
    webOS | PIC - Phoenix International Communications

    Was it always there or is this something new?

    Phoenix, if you are listening, would be great if you could also be another outlet to help webos ports publicize some of their work...

    Viva la webOS! (if its on the internet, you can never count on it dying)
    Hate to disappoint you. Has been there for a long time... I check the Phoenix site regularly

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a future for Pre3, Touchpad with ACL?
    By SeiGraph in forum Open webOS General Discussion
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 10/09/2012, 12:23 PM
  2. Mobile Wallet Roll Out Starts With Small Change
    By ilovedessert in forum The 'Off Topic' Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05/20/2011, 11:16 AM
  3. cannot find an app to open a pic??
    By visorhawk in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07/19/2010, 07:56 AM
  4. Replies: 131
    Last Post: 06/03/2010, 05:12 AM
  5. Side Kick 1. Unlock? T-mobile Only
    By SCP_DRUMS in forum Other OS's and Devices
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08/25/2006, 12:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions