Page 39 of 105 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 49 89 ... LastLast
Like Tree1415Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    there was an old post on OM's own site regarding that back in January when they were promoting/showing off their app market app on youtube.

News from OpenMobile World Wide
    and
    (cant find their earlier vid)

all their vids lag, have done for 2+ years so the native performance part is still just advertising/business speak/waffle, might work perfectly if they ever got the accelerated parts of an OS/gfx system they badly wanted back in the day, but i dont think any of their platform specific ACL's work full speed yet.
    Not to go a lil off topic or anything... BB10 is less than a year old and 10.2 support Android 4.x
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    kevets likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Not to go a lil off topic or anything... BB10 is less than a year old and 10.2 support Android 4.x
    i didnt just read this, and dont feel like punching my monitor any time soon, then bursting into tears. :|
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    BB licensed Myriad's Alien Dalvik...
    i didnt just read this, and dont feel like punching my monitor any time soon, then bursting into tears. :|

Sorry, if it makes you feel better, they announced end of upgrade support for the playbook, so all us TP users know how that feel.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

Sorry, if it makes you feel better, they announced end of upgrade support for the playbook, so all us TP users know how that feel.
    now i feel bad, like i just kicked a dying dog or something.
    ACL
    ACL for webOS Beta Program Launched! to great fanfare!

Anyone here on the beta program? Would have been nice of them to show a screenshot or two. No new videos or anything.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    BB licensed Myriad's Alien Dalvik...
    That's new... Last time around (playbook) they used native software, did they not?

Good on Myriad. They are proving to have the real solution to cross platform support into Android's App Catalog...

They also have a product called Alien Vue which allows the running of Android Apps on your set top box. Myriad Group - Myriad Alien Vue

See if you can spot the most interesting customer from this list... Myriad Group - Customers

I'm not trying to add A + 2 and = Square, but I find the convergence of the two pieces of information very fascinating...

Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    ACL
    ACL for webOS Beta Program Launched! to great fanfare!

Anyone here on the beta program? Would have been nice of them to show a screenshot or two. No new videos or anything.
    Only 4 people got the Beta, no one seems very sure who they are and they have NDAs as well...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    NDA's to protect an Android 2.3 runtime beta lol
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Only 4 people got the Beta, no one seems very sure who they are and they have NDAs as well...
    I think Rod said he signed up for beta, I could be wrong though maybe he signed up for whatever release didn't have NDA.
    I think Rod said he signed up for beta, I could be wrong though maybe he signed up for whatever release didn't have NDA.
    Not trying to speak for Rod, but...

Rod has already answered this, he did not sign an NDA, but he did back the kickstarter...

ACL for Touchpad beta release tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The beta agreement required an NDA, so I declined the beta tester level.

-- Rod
    Myriad's website down with a bug...

Code:
    This page contains the following errors:

error on line 24 at column 68: EntityRef: expecting ';'
    Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Not trying to speak for Rod, but...

Rod has already answered this, he did not sign an NDA, but he did back the kickstarter...

ACL for Touchpad beta release tomorrow?
    Thanks John, I knew he posted couldn't remember which way it went exactly. Appreciate you pulling up the info for me. Splitting time between modding both two sites, work, and learning BB10 and the leak I loaded last week. All the while waiting for the wife to stab me with the amount of times I spend on forums and with phone stuff.
    sledge007 likes this.
    So the beta test is out finally! I would love to hear feedback about it Maybe phoenix can make a good smartphone only time can tell .
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    That's new... Last time around (playbook) they used native software, did they not?

Good on Myriad. They are proving to have the real solution to cross platform support into Android's App Catalog...

They also have a product called Alien Vue which allows the running of Android Apps on your set top box. Myriad Group - Myriad Alien Vue

See if you can spot the most interesting customer from this list... Myriad Group - Customers

I'm not trying to add A + 2 and = Square, but I find the convergence of the two pieces of information very fascinating...
    Maybe. And I thought (according to someone here quoting unwired ben) LG was trying to improve the developer tools for open webOS--Ares2 (along with HP)?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Maybe. And I thought (according to someone here quoting unwired ben) LG was trying to improve the developer tools for open webOS--Ares2 (along with HP)?
    i thought they were just improving enyo2? which is multi platform now, not just tied to webOS.
    i thought they were just improving enyo2? which is multi platform now, not just tied to webOS.
    There is an "Ares2-SDK" in the works. I saw references to GitHub for this on various places, however it seems like the repository on GitHub hasn't been made public yet.
    I am absolutely giddy with excitement

I'm on my way to New York to have a very nice dinner, see a broadway show, and get ... WAIT FOR IT ...

A brand new White Touchpad running the ACL!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I will have the Touchpad in my grubby little hands sometime this weekend, hopefully by late Friday night, and then we shall see what we shall see.

• Will it have graphics acceleration - who knows?
    • Will it have bugs - almost certainly as this is an "early" early release.
    • Will there be some early disappointments - you bet!

But folks, the ACL for the Touchpad is finally real and I will have the proof in my hands this weekend.

Most importantly, this is the next step of PIC meeting their published schedule! I know we were all sadden by the fact that PIC had to update their schedule and delay the anticipated delivery dates. But PIC is delivering on their published schedule exactly as promised!!!

Wahoo!
    Global Posts
    778 Global Posts
    Awesome! Looking forward to your updates...

Enjoy your trip and be sure to put in a request to further develop ACL for the Pre3! I'll gladly support them again for that!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    ananimus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    I am absolutely giddy with excitement

I'm on my way to New York to have a very nice dinner, see a broadway show, and get ... WAIT FOR IT ...

A brand new White Touchpad running the ACL!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I will have the Touchpad in my grubby little hands sometime this weekend, hopefully by late Friday night, and then we shall see what we shall see.

• Will it have graphics acceleration - who knows?
    • Will it have bugs - almost certainly as this is an "early" early release.
    • Will there be some early disappointments - you bet!

But folks, the ACL for the Touchpad is finally real and I will have the proof in my hands this weekend.

Most importantly, this is the next step of PIC meeting their published schedule! I know we were all sadden by the fact that PIC had to update their schedule and delay the anticipated delivery dates. But PIC is delivering on their published schedule exactly as promised!!!

Wahoo!
    WOW!!! I cant wait to hear everything!!
    Pictures or video would be nice

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    Remy X likes this.