Page 35 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585 ... LastLast
Like Tree1415Likes
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    What's the app's name? I can have a look at it, see if I can get anything useful from the APK and it might not be too difficult to make a proper rewrite in Enyo 2 for webOS and other platforms
    Gizmo21 immediately knew what I was talking about
    Here's the link to the app in Google's Play Store: c’t Magazin

For some unknown reason it has been designed for tablets only although at the date of publishing (four months ago) there already existed many smartphones with large screens.
    Pre³ (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    yeah i also would like the c't app on webOS, i think T-Pad is refering to this. For now i still have to reboot to CM9 to read it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.ct.magazin

Es ist angerichtet | c't

One magazine c’t 3/13 in this app is free, so this can be usesd without an account to test. The app is mostly HTML-reading mode with PDF-dl alternative
    Ok will have a look tonight (which is soon here since I'm in SG at the moment for work) to see if the Chrome add-on still works on the Play store to download the APK's

I used to work in the past and has been broken a number of times too. When I have the APK I can use various tools like APKTool and Dex2Jar to get source code or a JAR file which I can then inspect for interesting bits

Using this way I found quite some interesting bits (mainly URL's etc) for other apps

I'm not a good programmer myself, but I'm sure that when we have the URL's that are required someone can create something neat in Enyo 2

[edit]
    Had a quick look at Google API levels. The only good reason why they would require is that they might have implemented some DRM which is only added from API level 11 which was introduced with 3.0.

http://developer.android.com/sdk/api...1/changes.html
    Last edited by Herrie; 06/12/2013 at 04:24 AM.
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Had a quick look at Google API levels. The only good reason why they would require is that they might have implemented some DRM which is only added from API level 11 which was introduced with 3.0.
    Thanks for having a look - most probably this is the reason why they went with 3.x.
    Pre³ (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Pad View Post
    Thanks for having a look - most probably this is the reason why they went with 3.x.
    I was able to pull the APK, use APKTool and Dex2Jar, unfortunately it seems a little bit obfuscated and my Java is not what it used to be....

It seems that they indeed use encryption for some of the bits of the app, but I couldn't really figure out for what....
    Remy X likes this.
    My only reason to boot Android, coming Saturday morning again! 'The' European magazine.
    Is there any way to find out how a mail app (and calendar app) running under ACL would identify itself to an Exchange server? I haven't ever looked to see what Exchange mail clients are available in the Play store.
    e.g. Nitrodesk for Smartphone for 2.x+
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid20.nitroid#

Taken from:
    Exchange ActiveSync Client Comparison Table - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki - Exchange ActiveSync Client Comparison Table - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

Nice sidenote that Playstore recognises my Pre2 2.2.4 (iPhone browser token) as compatible with Nitrodesk:

"Diese App ist mit Ihrem Unknown Cm_tenderloin-Gerät kompatibel."
    Bad thing esp. about emulated PIM software is the not available webOS notifications. I can't really imagine PIC can integrate ACL so far to show webOS notifications for Android apps.
    Yeah I've been thinking about that for a while. Would be nice.. I mean, I would think they have to do something with apps that send notifications. But background notifications I can see being a challenge.
    Yeah I've been thinking about that for a while. Would be nice.. I mean, I would think they have to do something with apps that send notifications. But background notifications I can see being a challenge.
    I don't really want all of the Android app notifications in webOS. Most of the notifications I receive in Android now are just app advertisements like "You haven't played me in a while, I miss you" or "downloaded the latest xxx for this app". Would like to not be bothered by those. Email and notifications would be nice. However, I don't see myself using an Android mail or calender client over what is built into webOS.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    I don't really want all of the Android app notifications in webOS. Most of the notifications I receive in Android now are just app advertisements like "You haven't played me in a while, I miss you" or "downloaded the latest xxx for this app". Would like to not be bothered by those. Email and notifications would be nice. However, I don't see myself using an Android mail or calender client over what is built into webOS.

Agreed on the annoying spam notifications. I deleted any app that sent those. My only interest in ACL would be to access my work Exchange server, so the notifications would be good in that regard. Assuming it would even work.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    I'm not understanding what your definition of "launcher" is. My understanding of a launcher in Android is that it is essentially a home screen replacement (like ADW Launcher EX for example). Will you please clarify what you mean by launcher.

If it is simply just Jelly Bean the OS that you want, then by all means stay with CM10. However, most of us who dual boot don't want the hassle of the Android OS. We just want the apps. If the apps you need are still compatible with Gingerbread, which almost all of them are, then why do you need it to be Jelly Bean compatible on day one? That is a waste of time and resources. Not what I paid for.

I have an Android 2.3 phone, two Android 4.x phones, and CM10 installed on this Touchpad. I have not found one app yet that did not run on all of my devices. The 2.3 phone is the one I use everyday (the 4.x phones are my wife and daughter's). I get app updates for it at the exact same time I get updates for the same apps on CM 10. Besides the screen size, the apps don't look any different on the Gingerbread phone then they do on CM10. In fact Android STILL lags far behind other platforms when it comes to tablet based apps. That hasn't changed much since Google was getting dinged on it when the Touchpad was released (and 3.x was on their tablets) so I definitely don't expect it to change much by September or even December. There is no mad rush to dump 2.x support for apps.

Exactly. I rather get Pre3 support for 2.x then have to go through another wait of 4.x support.

I hope they change that in the roadmap, as after the Touchpad, my Pre3 needs that Android app support in WebOS more than anything!
    Honestly, I don't think that it would be hard to do notifications. I am not sure what the code base for the ACL stuff looks like, but the notifications are just mini cards that can call back into ACL to activate certain things. This kind of stuff is sort of fun to implement. (Anyone remember ARMlets/PNOlets in PalmOS 5? :P )
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Hey PIC any new teaser videos ? Or are you too busy building your store where you sell a licence one cent cheaper than with kickstarter pledges.
    johncc likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Hey PIC any new teaser videos ? Or are you too busy building your store where you sell a licence one cent cheaper than with kickstarter pledges.

With promised delivery...

And a link to Preware on the front page to imply affiliation with WebOS Internals.

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    The Preware banner was checked with me before being published.

No need for a conspiracy theory there...

-- Rod
    Alan Morford likes this.
    Attempting to raise another 30k for preorders? Sorry if I missed it, is this a guaranteed delivery date with full refund if the product isn't delivered by Sept 30th?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    ... Sorry if I missed it, is this a guaranteed delivery date with full refund if the product isn't delivered by Sept 30th?
    I would think so. Other than with a kickstarter, where you give money on a promise, here you actually purchase a product. This is a contract and is binding, which means: delivery or payback.

So far my view of the thing here.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    So I'm assuming Preware will be used to install the ACL. Not sure how big of a target it would be but if they are just distributing the IPK, aren't they worried about piracy?
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    So I'm assuming Preware will be used to install the ACL. Not sure how big of a target it would be but if they are just distributing the IPK, aren't they worried about piracy?
    from the millions of webOS/touchpad users out there?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<