Page 28 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
  1. #541  
    I have actually found myself using dropbox much more, actually i don't use box at all, because other users, the non touchpad owners use ti very much and i kinda have to as well in order to share folders, files etc. Besides it's a good app so i think it's quite welcome. What i found more interesting in the video of the dropbox presentation was how you could use other android apps through an app, namely dropbox, already running under acl. This was not something i considered as given and i hope it will be clarified/presented even further in the following days.

    ACL, OM and even PIC have been heavily criticised from a a very hurt community but if they actually deliver the goods, then they could really turn things around, not just for themselves but for the community and webos. I am anxious to see what other aces they have up their sleeves.
  2. #542  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkalogia View Post
    I have actually found myself using dropbox much more, actually i don't use box at all, because other users, the non touchpad owners use ti very much and i kinda have to as well in order to share folders, files etc. Besides it's a good app so i think it's quite welcome. What i found more interesting in the video of the dropbox presentation was how you could use other android apps through an app, namely dropbox, already running under acl. This was not something i considered as given and i hope it will be clarified/presented even further in the following days.

    ACL, OM and even PIC have been heavily criticised from a a very hurt community but if they actually deliver the goods, then they could really turn things around, not just for themselves but for the community and webos. I am anxious to see what other aces they have up their sleeves.
    So you prefer an emulated app like Dropbox in favor of an already present (well, in the next weeks when the new app launches that is) *native* app? Wow, some people...
  3. #543  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkalogia View Post
    I have actually found myself using dropbox much more, actually i don't use box at all, because other users, the non touchpad owners use ti very much and i kinda have to as well in order to share folders, files etc. Besides it's a good app so i think it's quite welcome. What i found more interesting in the video of the dropbox presentation was how you could use other android apps through an app, namely dropbox, already running under acl. This was not something i considered as given and i hope it will be clarified/presented even further in the following days.

    ACL, OM and even PIC have been heavily criticised from a a very hurt community but if they actually deliver the goods, then they could really turn things around, not just for themselves but for the community and webos. I am anxious to see what other aces they have up their sleeves.
    you must not know much about box if you are making those statements. After using both, I don't touch my dropbox,including outside of mobile, box kills dropbox in so many ways. Just one tip, you can share box folders and files as a URL, the other person doesn't even have to have a box account. Box seriously kills dropbox in every way I have found, most people just don't know about all its features, the box hooks into office, and other programs are far superior to anything I've seen from drop.
  4. #544  
    do you suppose that YouTube episode 5 (opera mobile browser) will have text wrap?
    Art
  5. #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by artwest50 View Post
    do you suppose that YouTube episode 5 (opera mobile browser) will have text wrap?
    Art
    Yes, Opera Mobile has text wrap.

    Keep in mind guys: you'll get the older Opera Mobile; the new Opera Mobile Ice is only available for 4.x Not that there's anything wrong with it, I love Opera (Mobile), but just so you know.
  6. thg
    thg is offline
    thg's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #546  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Keep in mind guys: you'll get the older Opera Mobile; the new Opera Mobile Ice is only available for 4.x Not that there's anything wrong with it, I love Opera (Mobile), but just so you know.
    I don't see a problem here, I think most apps are still for Android 2.x?

    What about Firefox? I have seen the icon on their TP and in the requirements it says:

    "Firefox requires Android 2.2 or later and about 24 MB of storage space. Firefox runs best on devices with at least 384 MB of RAM. "

    So ACL should meet these, not tried yet or not working acceptable?


    Thanks,

    thg
  7. #547  
    Yeah, Opera Mobile is also for 2.x but the new Opera Mobile with WebKit isn't. That's what I was trying to explain. Nothing more, nothing less. Like I said: I love Opera and Opera Mobile
  8. #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Yes, Opera Mobile has text wrap.

    Keep in mind guys: you'll get the older Opera Mobile; the new Opera Mobile Ice is only available for 4.x Not that there's anything wrong with it, I love Opera (Mobile), but just so you know.
    Thanks Vistaus, these tire old eyes thank you!
    Last edited by artwest50; 05/19/2013 at 09:27 AM.
    Vistaus likes this.
  9. #549  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Marc,

    thanks for the update. Do the browser apps have the latest version of flash? The webOS browser can no longer work properly on certain pages (ie some of the links on nbcnews do not respond)
    Thanks bluenote, I have the same question about some apps working without the ability to update flash. Hopefully someone will answer this question.
  10. #550  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    So you prefer an emulated app like Dropbox in favor of an already present (well, in the next weeks when the new app launches that is) *native* app? Wow, some people...
    I was actually commenting on the usefulness of having dropbox in general and not that much on my own preferences since that was unclear. Like i said a lot of people are using dropbox and many of these people i work with so rather than trying to convince all of them about the merits of box i just use dropbox.

    @ OldSkoolVWLover:
    Although i have not used box much, i have found it quite intuitive and a pleasure to work with. Thx for the tips although i am aware of them . What i also like about box is that i could turn my space on it in a virtual drive. But indeed i have not worked that much with and still don't some basic things like the largest size of files we can store etc.
    Last edited by kkalogia; 05/19/2013 at 09:58 AM.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  11. #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by lilcarol View Post
    Thanks bluenote, I have the same question about some apps working without the ability to update flash. Hopefully someone will answer this question.
    I already answered that question but apperantly you haven't read my answer. Like I said: Flash is no longer available for Android because Adobe nuked development but you can install Boat Browser or get an APK from the Play Store that has Flash.


    @kkalogia: So in general people prefer an emulated app over an available native app with the same functions? Don't think so.
  12. #552  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    @kkalogia: So in general people prefer an emulated app over an available native app with the same functions? Don't think so.
    In general people don't use TPs, but use dropbox....

    Still i am not getting my point across which is not that important anyway, so i'd rather we continued our discussion about the kickstart project.
  13. #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    you must not know much about box if you are making those statements. After using both, I don't touch my dropbox,including outside of mobile, box kills dropbox in so many ways. Just one tip, you can share box folders and files as a URL, the other person doesn't even have to have a box account. Box seriously kills dropbox in every way I have found, most people just don't know about all its features, the box hooks into office, and other programs are far superior to anything I've seen from drop.
    The last time I checked, when someone sends me a video or file in dropbox I can't open it in Box. Am I missing something? Because, that's the real reason for needing dropbox. You can't simply throw something to the side because 'you can share files' What about the people that are sharing files with you.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Sprint Instinct > Palm Pre > Blackberry Curve (3 months) > Pre3 (att) > Pre3 (verizon)
  14. #554  
    No, no... Not Dropbox.

    [I][HL][SIZE]Box. Box is the one that gives TouchPad users 50GB of storage free. [I][HL][SIZE]Box. That's the one TouchPad owners love.

    @PIC: You got the funding, you're on the project. Act like you know what a TP is, for crying in the mud.
    no, we have dropbox built in on the touchpad. Box sucks, its app is just terrible on every platform.



    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/20/2013 at 09:46 AM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  15. #555  
    We also have Box built-in on the Touchpad.
    Also, I think the Box app on webOS is quite good actually. The Android version sucks though.
    RumoredNow likes this.
  16. #556  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    We also have Box built-in on the Touchpad.
    Also, I think the Box app on webOS is quite good actually. The Android version sucks though.
    +1 The Box app on webOS is very good. It's weird that it is no where near this good on Android. The main issue I've seen with it on Android is sharing files. It is really clumsy compared to Dropbox when it comes to sharing any files you have with another person. The webOS version is much nicer (plus the webOS users got 50GB of storage - so that helps!).
    RumoredNow, Vistaus and Rnp like this.
  17. #557  
    LOL - I know it is off topic. I didn't mean to hijack the thread...

    Neither Box nor Dropbox is "built-in" on my TouchPad. Either has to be added manually.

    Like OldSkool, I find Box very useful as a site and love the integration onto my desktop and inside my Office. Like H. Newman, I like the way the Box App handles on my TouchPad.

    Maybe the difference is that I'm using it to share files with ME across devices and platforms. For hosting files to share with others I use MediaFire; it accepts all kinds of file types, not just pics and vidz. Box is my private cloud storage vendor of choice. I don't invite people into my hard drive and I don't invite them into my Box. ( snicker)

    If someone shares a file with you from DropBox, why are you opening it in Box? Why not open it with an appropriate program??? I never would have looked at Box as a file viewer... Or do you mean that once you resave it to Box it no longer becomes viewable??? Wouldn't that be a problem with DropBox? Are they DRMing people's files? I don't understand the problem. Maybe because I'm friendless and no one wants to share with me.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  18. #558  
    LOL... OK, you're right. Let's take this discussion back on-topic
  19. #559  
    What was the 'topic' anyway?

    Oh yes.. webOS Apps & Android Apps on the Touchpad.

    I like BOX (in webOS) - on the Touchpad!


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    RumoredNow and MikeN68 like this.
  20. #560  
    With 66 hours left to go, we are at $41,547 with 676 backers!

    Any chance of 700 backers before we are all done?

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a future for Pre3, Touchpad with ACL?
    By SeiGraph in forum Open webOS General Discussion
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 10/09/2012, 12:23 PM
  2. Mobile Wallet Roll Out Starts With Small Change
    By ilovedessert in forum The 'Off Topic' Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05/20/2011, 11:16 AM
  3. cannot find an app to open a pic??
    By visorhawk in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07/19/2010, 07:56 AM
  4. Replies: 131
    Last Post: 06/03/2010, 05:12 AM
  5. Side Kick 1. Unlock? T-mobile Only
    By SCP_DRUMS in forum Other OS's and Devices
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08/25/2006, 12:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions