Page 26 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
  1. #501  
    I know those dual booting have had to load the store disconnected from the CM install, just excited about the fluidness of PS, especially if this ever makes it to phones...
  2. #502  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandongoeszoom View Post
    While I can't guarantee you that it'll be officially available at launch, I know it's quite easy to find an apk for it.
    Hi Brandon,

    This all looks good. I also think PIC have made a great move in reaching out to Chinese users.

    So here's my one tiny niggle: I know you're saying you can't guarantee the playstore, but having passed your goal before the deadline, you must all be very optimistic about the future and it must be very tempting to start dangling extras in front of people. I was under the impression that playstore access wasn't even on the table before.

    Between now and your release date, you are not just building a product, but a reputation for PIC (and OM too). Don't be tempted to make promises above what you know you can fulfill. Future work may require more than the extra cash you've got and that's when a reputation for delivery will be valuable.

    Almost everybody here really wants you to succeed, but you know that hope can get very negative in the face of disappointment.

    Your demos, the short delivery window and relatively low cost suggest the product is very close to being ready. I wish you the very best of luck in proving it.
  3. #503  
    The App that I want on webOS [Episode 1] - Run Android Apps in webOS on the HP Touchpad by Phoenix International Communications The App that I want on webOS [Episode 1] — Kickstarter

    Damn it they would have had me with this one alone , if i hadn't already paid.
    It's so sad no big name in picture editing made it to webOS.

    Another question: How will purchasing apps be handled, e.g. if one bought an app on Amazon store with a android tablet, will i have to pay again for same app on an ACL installed device?
    Last edited by gizmo21; 05/15/2013 at 09:25 AM.
  4. #504  
    You can use the amazon app store on acl just load up the amazon app then log into your account all the games you bought will be stored on that account.
  5. #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmayatt View Post
    You can use the amazon app store on acl just load up the amazon app then log into your account all the games you bought will be stored on that account.
    if it's that way, that's a plus for this store.

    on the other hand, when i read these stories i'm starting to think that 2 OSes on one device means a multitude of new problems:
    Goodbye, Amazon Appstore
    well seems to be fixed now:
    Amazon Appstore update pushing out, fixes Android 4.2 login issue | Android Central

    was just an example what you buy in with another OS infrastructure
  6. #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    BlackBerry has thrown down the gauntlet with their Android runtime compatibility, shooting to have 4.2.2 compatibility for a possible June release.

    https://developer.blackberry.com/android/tools/roadmap/


    I'm sure it's already on their radar, but if anything, I want this to be a motivating factor to the guys at PIC and moreso, OpenMobile, to let them know that this is attainable. Should we get this capability working on WebOS and on future devices, I would argue that paints a much brighter picture for the WebOS faithful.
    I don't think the updated runtime will run on the Blackberry tablet, just the new phones running the new OS.
    The tablet current gingergread runtime cannot run Netflix and cannot run updated versions of many apps, as it can only run gingerbread apps.
    Even netflix on the new phones is supposed to be slow.

    Regarding ACL for webOS, I don't see anywhere Phoenix promising ACL will run Netflix for webOS. People need to be clear about what has been promised and what is still unknown or not promised at all. Otherwise should ACL prove a disappointment, it gives it too much power to ruin people's experiences of webOS and could possibly shrink the fan base for open WebOS further.
    RumoredNow, Rnp and Remy X like this.
  7. #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandongoeszoom View Post
    While I can't guarantee you that it'll be officially available at launch, I know it's quite easy to find an apk for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Pretty damn impressive! Looking forward to more videos.

    And the google play store does seem to be something we weren't expecting.
    Hi guys - hate to throw cold water, but let me just jump in here and let you know that Google Play is not fully working at this point. It installs, but there are some issues that keep it from running properly. I think these are things that we'll be able to resolve, but it would be premature to promise it at this stage, so please don't count on it just yet.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  8. #508  
    fully understood, just was surprised to even see it there, thanks for hoping on and letting us know!
  9. #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I don't think the updated runtime will run on the Blackberry tablet, just the new phones running the new OS.
    The tablet current gingergread runtime cannot run Netflix and cannot run updated versions of many apps, as it can only run gingerbread apps.
    Even netflix on the new phones is supposed to be slow.

    Regarding ACL for webOS, I don't see anywhere Phoenix promising ACL will run Netflix for webOS. People need to be clear about what has been promised and what is still unknown or not promised at all. Otherwise should ACL prove a disappointment, it gives it too much power to ruin people's experiences of webOS and could possibly shrink the fan base for open WebOS further.
    a video update to the kickstarter campaign just showed netflix running on a touchpad - its alpha, but seems to be working and video seems smooth.

    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z23NH-2dkA[/YT]
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/16/2013 at 07:13 AM.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    checkmate likes this.
  10. #510  
    According to their Kickstarter, HP sent PIC Touchpad 4G's to give away to $750 donaters. Wait whut. I can't believe HP really did send 'em that.
  11. #511  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    According to their Kickstarter, HP sent PIC Touchpad 4G's to give away to $750 donaters. Wait whut. I can't believe HP really did send 'em that.
    I suspect that was actually the ex-HP folks who now do webOS stuff at LG, but I could easily be surprised.

    -- Rod
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/16/2013 at 07:12 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #512  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I don't think the updated runtime will run on the Blackberry tablet, just the new phones running the new OS.
    The tablet current gingergread runtime cannot run Netflix and cannot run updated versions of many apps, as it can only run gingerbread apps.
    Even netflix on the new phones is supposed to be slow.
    Yeah the playbook is getting the short end of the stick and probably will never see BB10. I think a playbook 2 may be in the future. Not sure what they would call it, but the playbook owners will probably feel screwed on the deal.

    Any android app currently on BB10 is not going to be that good. In the summer updates things like hardware acceleration and 4.2.2 support should help change that. It will be interesting to see if they can pull it off.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

    One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  13. #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc_PIC View Post
    Hi guys - hate to throw cold water, but let me just jump in here and let you know that Google Play is not fully working at this point. It installs, but there are some issues that keep it from running properly. I think these are things that we'll be able to resolve, but it would be premature to promise it at this stage, so please don't count on it just yet.
    Marc,

    thanks for the update. Do the browser apps have the latest version of flash? The webOS browser can no longer work properly on certain pages (ie some of the links on nbcnews do not respond)
  14. #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I suspect that was actually the ex-HP folks who now do webOS stuff at LG, but I could easily be surprised.

    -- Rod

    I'd like clarification about this. I tweeted amongst other things that I'd stop saying bad things about HP if they helped out with the kickstarter, and my next laptop would be an HP, tho I was campaigning for a corporate sponsorship at the time.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  15. #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc_PIC View Post
    There are apps that will not work on the alpha currently, but will work as development progresses. Netflix is not one of them however - it is currently 'working' in the alpha, but the video playback is a choppy. messy experience! It will get better however.


    Yes. As we stated in the Kickstarter campaign, the money raised goes towards the costs of completing the development so ACL can be completed and sold.


    Let me know what else you need to know and I will do my best.
    Hey Marc, you wrote a while ago that the Netflix alpha is choppy and messy, is that still true or is it smooth now?
  16. #516  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Hey Marc, you wrote a while ago that the Netflix alpha is choppy and messy, is that still true or is it smooth now?
    Not sure if you've seen the video they posted on the kickstarter page or not (that post sort of sounds like you didn't), but it looked smooth at times then would get choppy at times. It really didn't show it long enough to really give a good picture of where it is at.
  17. #517  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Not sure if you've seen the video they posted on the kickstarter page or not (that post sort of sounds like you didn't), but it looked smooth at times then would get choppy at times. It really didn't show it long enough to really give a good picture of where it is at.
    the fact that they admit themselves it needs work should tell us all we need to know.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  18. #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    According to their Kickstarter, HP sent PIC Touchpad 4G's to give away to $750 donaters. Wait whut. I can't believe HP really did send 'em that.
    I see only one and it's already gone. Not too much. Shame on you, Meg!
  19. #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Marc,

    thanks for the update. Do the browser apps have the latest version of flash? The webOS browser can no longer work properly on certain pages (ie some of the links on nbcnews do not respond)
    The browser apps don't have the latest version of Flash because Adobe nuked Flash for Android. Of course you can install it manually but then it'll only work in the stock Android browser. Of you can install Boat Browser but I'm not sure if Boat supports Android 2.3 Anyway, you won't see Flash OOTB.
  20. #520  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Between now and your release date, you are not just building a product, but a reputation for PIC (and OM too). Don't be tempted to make promises above what you know you can fulfill. Future work may require more than the extra cash you've got and that's when a reputation for delivery will be valuable.
    This is sound advice. Particularly given the discussion already had with Rod about the technicalities on licensing. Even if it's technically possible to put Play on ACL, I wouldn't advertise it at all if I were PIC/OM until the right to do so is also secure.

    Besides, if it becomes technically possible then this community will figure that out...

Similar Threads

  1. Is there a future for Pre3, Touchpad with ACL?
    By SeiGraph in forum Open webOS General Discussion
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 10/09/2012, 12:23 PM
  2. Mobile Wallet Roll Out Starts With Small Change
    By ilovedessert in forum The 'Off Topic' Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05/20/2011, 11:16 AM
  3. cannot find an app to open a pic??
    By visorhawk in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07/19/2010, 07:56 AM
  4. Replies: 131
    Last Post: 06/03/2010, 05:12 AM
  5. Side Kick 1. Unlock? T-mobile Only
    By SCP_DRUMS in forum Other OS's and Devices
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08/25/2006, 12:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions