Page 25 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575 ... LastLast
Like Tree1415Likes
    Goal reached at 35,405 $ and 564 backers. And i am the one to report it first. I am the king of the world..... lol

Congrats to the community and to all people who donated high amounts of money. You guys rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkalogia View Post
    Goal reached at 35,405 $ and 564 backers. And i am the one to report it first. I am the king of the world..... lol

Congrats to the community and to all people who donated high amounts of money. You guys rock.
    Um... Pssssst.... look at post #468 on the previous page. You aren't the first, but thanks for trying LOL
    xandros9 likes this.
    Actually the goal is reached!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Um... Pssssst.... look at post #468 on the previous page. You aren't the first, but thanks for trying LOL
    Some people just won't let you dream. Well i am still the first from Greece to report on reaching the goal. Can i have that Mr. Semantics?

5. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    @PIC:

What about a combination of "Early Edition" and "Double Down" for less than 150 USD?

This would make me thinking about adding a bit more to my pledge.

Opening a second account to make a second pledge with 55 USD is not a good solution (even if this would give me three ACL licenses) and selecting several options until your pledge is "reached" is not possible.

Thanks,

thg
    It is good that the goal is reached. Actually being realistic,for open webos to 'fly' and overcome some hurdles, maybe something like kickstarter can get the plane off faster.

For example - say for the Nexus situation. I believe they have issues with graphic acceleration and key areas. Would putting a dedicated developer for X dollars over a period to 'fix' / this solve the problem?
    Alternatively do what Redhat did with Linux..develop a version which they provide support /enhancement from so earn from patches / upgrades. Maybe what i'm saying is simplistic but if Redhat could monetize an opensource product, why not say Openports?
    barryb20 likes this.
    I saw in an earlier post the first time I checked this thread from Sanjay that said 50 or so odd more people were needed at $50 amounts for the project to succeed. So that's that I did and I'm looking forward to the bang'o'swag I'll be getting in the future. But with that said, I'm still not sold on the current license at all. Why couldn't this be a open source release, something others could help make commits to? It would only improve the end product and maybe one day even keep it alive. Kickstarter funds can't keep gas in the car forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by hmhecht View Post
    Hi,

Please allow me to introduce myself as the Director of Product Management and Content Platforms at OpenMobile World Wide...

...we acknowledge and realize that our communication to the community via our website and otherwise grew inexcusably stale during this time period, resulting in mis-set and unmet expectations. As a company we take full responsibility for this and are in the process of updating our site to better reflect the actuality of the situation, and are joining this forum to initiate more open and direct communication...

Thank you for your time and understanding,

Howie Hecht
    Director of Product Management and Content Platforms
    OpenMobile World Wide, Inc.

Welcome to the webOS community, Mr Hecht.

I particularly look forward to progress in the area I've highlighted from your introduction and will be monitoring that situation for improvements. For me, that has been the most important aspect of this whole reentry your firm is making into this community.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    barryb20, vgg, ananimus and 3 others like this.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    he just needs a small child merrily playing with a train set or toy car on the floor near his feet, perhaps a large portrait of the family pet on the wall behind for good measure.

Now that's a good one!
    Roy

Pre3 is here !! Loving it
    Sprint FrankenPre2 - Touchpad - Homebrew galore
    History: Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Palm Pre
    I don't know if anyone has noticed but we are five people short of 600 pledges! Wow!

Current stats: 595 pledges, $37,463
    And now starts that phase where, like children in the back of the car during a long ride, questions like "are we there yet?" are asked every five minutes ...

I would like to see a roadmap or something, to know until when the people can expect something.

Oh, and yes, I nearly forgot: "are we there yet?"
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    I'm more hopping for an app that can virtualize the installed CM9 or CM10 or CM10.1, like the Parallels Desktop can virtualize the Bootcamp.
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Welcome to the webOS community, Mr Hecht.

I particularly look forward to progress in the area I've highlighted from your introduction and will be monitoring that situation for improvements. For me, that has been the most important aspect of this whole reentry your firm is making into this community.
    I just noticed that http://openmobile.co/pdf/Data_Sheet_...S_050313v2.pdf has now been updated to reflect the in-development status of ACL for webOS.

This is a good first step.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    renater, ananimus, Rnp and 1 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

This is a good first step.

-- Rod
    Thanks, Rod, but there it still states:
    ACL for webOS performs seamlessly on Smartphones, Tablets,
    eReaders, Connected TVs and IVIs.

Erm ... present tense is not applicable. And AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $they$ $are$ $currently$ $only$ $working$ $on$ $putting$ $ACL$ $on$ $the$ $Touchpad$ ...
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    This is great news to hear. I really hope it comes to fruition. I really liked using WebOS. I'm presently using a build of Jellybean and it's surprisingly smooth and stable for what I use the device for.
    BlackBerry has thrown down the gauntlet with their Android runtime compatibility, shooting to have 4.2.2 compatibility for a possible June release.

https://developer.blackberry.com/android/tools/roadmap/
    We are working to upgrade the Android Runtime from Android Gingerbread 2.3.3 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2. The goal is to support all current features and APIs available on the Android runtime today and evaluate new features and APIs for inclusion, such as fragments, embedded fragments and the animation framework.
    I'm sure it's already on their radar, but if anything, I want this to be a motivating factor to the guys at PIC and moreso, OpenMobile, to let them know that this is attainable. Should we get this capability working on WebOS and on future devices, I would argue that paints a much brighter picture for the WebOS faithful.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    RumoredNow, vgg, cuspie and 1 others like this.
    I donated and would love to get hold of some Android apps! But if this does come about will not being able to update Flash effect these new apps?
    Well, for the next eight days, we'll be posting daily videos of apps that you'll soon be able to use with ACL! Check it out here!

Also, if you look just below his thumb, you might see something you like.
    Last edited by brandongoeszoom; 05/14/2013 at 09:26 PM.
    "I'm just here so I don't get fined." -Marshawn Lynch
    Pretty damn impressive! Looking forward to more videos.

And the google play store does seem to be something we weren't expecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Pretty damn impressive! Looking forward to more videos.

And the google play store does seem to be something we weren't expecting.
    While I can't guarantee you that it'll be officially available at launch, I know it's quite easy to find an apk for it.
    "I'm just here so I don't get fined." -Marshawn Lynch
    Jive Turkey likes this.