Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474 ... LastLast
Like Tree1415Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The current KickStarter status:
    540 Backers
    $33,323 pledged (95.21%) of $35,000 goal

$1095 - Today's pledge total (18 backers)
    $6973 - Yesterdays pledge total (30 backers)
    11+ days to go
    $1677 - Amount needed to reach the targeted amount.
    $140 - Pledges needed per day to succeed

Various options for attaining the target:
    34 more people to pledge $50 (average)
    or
    28 more people to pledge at the current average of $61.71
    or
    336 - The number of people needed to up their pledge by $5 to reach the target.
    or
    $3.11 - The amount each current backer would need to up their pledge to attain the targeted amount.
    So what happens if they past $40,000 would they get all the money?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    So what happens if they past $40,000 would they get all the money?
    yup, happens a lot on more popular projects.

heres elite: dangerous for example

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...erous?ref=live
    http://elite.frontier.co.uk/

kickstarter required fund: £1.2m
    actual raised on kickstarter: £1.4m
    total funds raised via paypal/etc after kickstarter: £1.7m

all extras go into speeding along the process or giving the project instigators more incentive to do more.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    If PIC get over their $35,000 then hopefully they will introduce stretch goals like Jellybean for ACL and or ACL on other WebOS devices (Pre3 would be nice).
    hunland, renater and ananimus like this.
  4. c4r
    I'm in for $50...what the heck!
    That is a huge accomplishment! Congrats and good luck to the PIC team. It's going to be an interesting summer!
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Just raised mine to over 90! Who follows...
    We are now in the last stretch of the KickStarter fund raiser and it's success is now a foregone conclusion.

Current status:
    554 Backers
    $34,850 pledged (99.57%) of $35,000 goal

$2632 - Today's pledge total (33 backers)
    $6973 - Yesterdays pledge total (30 backers)
    11+ days to go
    $150 - Amount needed to reach the targeted amount.
    $12.50 - Pledges needed per day to succeed

Various options for attaining the target:
    3 more people to pledge $50 (average)
    or
    3 more people to pledge at the current average of $62.91
    or
    30 - The number of people needed to up their pledge by $5 to reach the target.
    or
    $0.27 - The amount each current backer would need to up their pledge to attain the targeted amount.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Welcome to $35,001!
    xandros9, Sanjay and Rnp like this.
    OK folks ... we made it but its not done yet. We still have 10 days for people to back out of there pledges. So pledges are still needed!

But folks - we did it! Now it's time for PIC to get ready and wow us!

And yes, I wanted to be the one to push us over the top

Get ready for a wild summer

because there's so many i want to use, here have a link http://imgur.com/a/1GOKT#0
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    ananimus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post

Get ready for a wild summer
    Yesss! and a wild winter for those in the southern hemisphere.... ;-)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Congrats on making goal!! If there is anyone still on the fence about donating... please donate...it will save a puppy from crying!!

If ACL fails, webOS will probably never see new hardware.
    If webOS never sees new hardware, you will eventually have to switch to an inferior OS.
    If you switch to an inferior OS you will get angry and frustrated.
    If you get angry and frustrated you will throw your new phone/tablet.
    If you throw your new phone/tablet you will hit your puppy.
    If you hit your puppy, it will cry.

Don't make your puppy cry.

Support ACL!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 05/11/2013 at 10:50 PM.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Someone posted this on another thread:

U.S. judge orders Hewlett-Packard to face shareholder lawsuit

It's good news to see the target met. Already I see people commenting about 'stretch' goals:
    Run Android Apps in webOS on the HP Touchpad by Phoenix International Communications » Comments &mdash; Kickstarter

HP over promised and under delivered. Most of the negative comments on this thread have focused on OM's failure to deliver on it's apparent promises (though no one was able to buy a product anyway). Where is OM's statement?

Those who get more good stuff than they were expecting are happy people. They will donate again and buy your next product.

Those who promise the moon and deliver little or nothing... well, I don't need to spell it out.

My suggestion to PIC is: Don't be tempted to promise more than you already have and ensure you deliver. If you manage to over-deliver, then so much the better for you.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/11/2013 at 07:15 PM.
    cuspie, ananimus and barryb20 like this.
    Congrats cuspie!

No matter how much i [personally] disagree with where the money is going, this is one hell of an achievement!
    Rnp and vgg like this.
    now get to work and deliver - "in the coming month"

Project Update #5: Reaching the Stars Together
    Posted by Phoenix International Communications
    Thank You to everyone that helped push us over the 35,000 mark. Soon you will all be running the long overdue ACL Software right on your own Touchpad!*

Many of you have contacted us and asked us to please add Stretch Goals to our list so you can find other ways to contribute. We have many other plans in our future, including updating the ACL software to Android 4.x and having it released for the HP Pre3. A more substantial goal that we have been continuously working on for about a year is to produce an Open webOS Phone of Our Own within a reasonable time frame. As you continue to donate, all funding will go towards those three projects in our future.*

We’d also like to announce the availability of 2 new rewards especially for those who want to buy more than one copy of ACL:*

*$55 – 2 licenses of the ACL software*

$75 – 3 licenses of the ACL software*

Lastly, we’ve been getting requests to add a PayPal option from a number of people who are unable to use Kickstarter’s payment system. Please use the following link to visit our PayPal donation page: http://www.phxdevices.com/support*

Once again, thanks so much everyone! We really appreciate all the support you’re giving us, and are looking forward to getting ACL finished for you!
    Last edited by gizmo21; 05/11/2013 at 07:49 PM.
    Preemptive and checkmate like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Congrats cuspie!

No matter how much i [personally] disagree with where the money is going, this is one hell of an achievement!
    And irrespective of the success of ACL, it proves that webOS still has a strong and supportive community behind it. Who knows what would be possible without the reservations held by some about OM.
    Hi,

Please allow me to introduce myself as the Director of Product Management and Content Platforms at OpenMobile World Wide. I have been with the company for just under a year now as both an employee and as an angel investor. As most of you already know, OpenMobile is the creator of the Application Compatibility Layer (ACL) software, which enables any supported non-Android platform to seamlessly run Android Apps.

First and foremost, I want to make sure that everyone understands how much we as a company love webOS and the loyal community (that’s you) which surrounds it. A startup - and more specifically a product manager like myself - couldn't ask for more to help ensure success and product-market fit.

At the same time, please understand that as a for-profit company OpenMobile must answer to our shareholders and investors. A number of commercial stops and starts with potential business partners forced us to adjust our strategy for ACL for webOS several times in 2012, ultimately resulting in us shelving the project. While we are prohibited by non-disclosure agreements from discussing details publicly, we acknowledge and realize that our communication to the community via our website and otherwise grew inexcusably stale during this time period, resulting in mis-set and unmet expectations. As a company we take full responsibility for this and are in the process of updating our site to better reflect the actuality of the situation, and are joining this forum to initiate more open and direct communication.

Secondly, questions have been raised about Gingerbread vs. Android 4.x support. We understand how critical it is to include Android 4.x in ACL for webOS; the development work to integrate 4.x is a major item on our own ACL product roadmap. However, we will not have this work completed in time for the release we’ve defined with the PIC team. Commercial details need to be finalized, but it is our goal to introduce Android 4.x support post-release and offered to existing ACL for webOS users as an upgrade.

Finally, we are very happy to be working with Phoenix to bring this project to fruition. Our engineering team has spent countless hours porting ACL to webOS for the Touchpad and testing apps on the platform. We as a company believe in both the platform and in all of you - the loyal users - and we feel quite fortunate to have the project come alive again due to the efforts of the Phoenix International Communications team.

I am personally looking forward to hearing the feedback from this forum once we release ACL for webOS - and yes, I mean both any praise as well as any constructive criticism.

Thank you for your time and understanding,

Howie Hecht
    Director of Product Management and Content Platforms
    OpenMobile World Wide, Inc.
    Thanks Howie!
    MAMISHO and hmhecht like this.
    "...it is our goal to introduce Android 4.x support post-release and offered to existing ACL for webOS users as an upgrade..."

Umm, Howie,. should this ever actually come to pass.. would it also be your 'goal' for that to be a free 'upgrade' to 'existing users', do you imagine?

(This bearing in mind that at present, it only takes about 75 seconds to re-boot to 'Android' 4.1.2 anyway, on an existing dual-boot Touchpad)?

Thanks!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 05/11/2013 at 11:17 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    HelloNNNewman and Rnp like this.
    Thanks Howie for stepping in.
    Let me express to you my true hope that OM will be faster to deliver our community paid ACL version (Android 2.x, webOS 3.0.5), then updating your website to the true product release status.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 05/12/2013 at 02:38 AM.
    hmhecht likes this.