Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272 ... LastLast
Like Tree1415Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    О just saw miracle. Somebody donated $7500 (!).
    Who is this guy? I want to shake his hand!!!
    I was just coming in to post this. Hot damn! I think we are going to make it.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Someone just donated 7500 $ and the total is now at 30,500 $. I think it's all but wrapped now, the community will not let it fade. Let's hope for the best.

EDIT: And just saw that Renater bit us all to the news. Damn you man, damn you, lol.
    renater likes this.
    Just pledged 30$. Only thing is i live in Greece so if they push this thing through the official appa catalog only i won't be able to get it. Still, this community has done so much for me that even this little ray of hope is well deserved.

Here's to not being let down again (i know it doesn't sound too optimistic).
    Did anyone notice that PIC added more $30 and $50 dollar rewards also? We are are just about there, it just needs another little push ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    Did anyone notice that PIC added more $30 and $50 dollar rewards also? We are are just about there, it just needs another little push ...
    tbh they shouldnt have limited them anyways, people would have naturally upped their pledge come nearer the cutoff day if the figures were close anyways, instead some may have been put off altogether at being forced into higher pledges and instead just not bothered.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by kkalogia View Post
    Someone just donated 7500 $ and the total is now at 30,500 $. I think it's all but wrapped now, the community will not let it fade. Let's hope for the best.

EDIT: And just saw that Renater bit us all to the news. Damn you man, damn you, lol.
    id be weary of stuff like that, happened in my last pledge to a kickstarter people submitting pledges then pulling it ir dropping to a small figure come the final day, i think it wasnt anything so high on my last donated project, it was only a 1000 or so reduction and the target was still just barely met.

im just saying, dont let up or assume, if someone is thinking of pledging but see's the targets reached or near reached, pledge anyways just incase there are retractions at the end.

every little counts.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    id be weary of stuff like that, happened in my last pledge to a kickstarter people submitting pledges then pulling it ir dropping to a small figure come the final day, i think it wasnt anything so high on my last donated project, it was only a 1000 or so reduction and the target was still just barely met.

im just saying, dont let up or assume, if someone is thinking of pledging but see's the targets reached or near reached, pledge anyways just incase there are retractions at the end.

every little counts.
    Assuming the 7500 pledge is good, if PIC wanted to, they could meet this today off the existing pledges. It wasn't lost on me that they have at least 5 of the 64 gb white touchpads. All they would have to do is agree to raffle 1-3 off to the people who pledge 50 dollars or more. I'd be willing to change my pledge from 30 to 50, I was going to do it anyway if it looked like we were close on the last day. I'm sure I'm not the only one. As long as people got the touchpads regardless of what happened with acl, no one would be upset.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.

every little counts.
    I understand that yeah, but you never know. Just look at how much some people donate on the Humble Indie Bundle. And that money you can't refund or drop on the final day.
    Didn't know you could drop your pledges on the last day. So what precautions are taken to insure that one cannot sabotage a project. If for example a project barely makes its goal and a big pledge suddenly dropped out at the last minute then wouldn't you be essentially undermining the project?
    Didn't know you could drop your pledges on the last day. So what precautions are taken to insure that one cannot sabotage a project. If for example a project barely makes its goal and a big pledge suddenly dropped out at the last minute then wouldn't you be essentially undermining the project?
    My thoughts exactly. I would think that once a pledge is made, the only change allowed should be for an equal or higher pledge. Or else, the whole process can be a made a total mockery of.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 05/10/2013 at 09:15 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad

every little counts.
    Ok all ... anyone that's looked at my account knows I'm a lurker. I've been here since my Star Trek Treo 300 days. I rarely post but I do consider myself an active member of this community and have contributed to things such as WebOS internals significantly in the past.

So believe me when I tell you the $7.5K donation is absolutely, positively, real. I know that because its my donation!

I told this group back on the 3rd that I truly believe PIC deserves a chance and I was very serious. Now I've put my money where my mouth is with a sizeable amount to show my commitment.

But geekpeter is absolutely right - we are not there yet and we can't let up or assume. If your thinking of pledging, then do it. If I were PIC, the number of pledges is as important as meeting the $35K number ... it shows PIC, and everyone else, in a very concrete way that there is an active community worthy of attention!
    Just pledged 30$. Only thing is i live in Greece so if they push this thing through the official appa catalog only i won't be able to get it. Still, this community has done so much for me that even this little ray of hope is well deserved.

Here's to not being let down again (i know it doesn't sound too optimistic).
    By the sounds of it they can send you a copy on CD so I don't think this will be limited by the App Catalog.
    The App that is in the App Catalog will probably just be another way to download (I THINK)
    The $7500 was Dieter Bohn. lol. I knew he never gave up on webOS. jk
    Who read that it is going to be downloadable in the app catalog? Was that stated somewhere? I've been pretty curious as to how the installation of this software would work.
    Ok all ... anyone that's looked at my account knows I'm a lurker. I've been here since my Star Trek Treo 300 days. I rarely post but I do consider myself an active member of this community and have contributed to things such as WebOS internals significantly in the past.

So believe me when I tell you the $7.5K donation is absolutely, positively, real. I know that because its my donation!

I told this group back on the 3rd that I truly believe PIC deserves a chance and I was very serious. Now I've put my money where my mouth is with a sizeable amount to show my commitment.

But geekpeter is absolutely right - we are not there yet and we can't let up or assume. If your thinking of pledging, then do it. If I were PIC, the number of pledges is as important as meeting the $35K number ... it shows PIC, and everyone else, in a very concrete way that there is an active community worthy of attention!
    Awesome. I am happy that you are so committed to webOS, an oldtimer as it were. And as a participant in this thread, an educated investor.
    RumoredNow and Rnp like this.
    The current KickStarter status:
    511 Backers
    $31,100 pledged (88.86%) of $35,000 goal

Needed to reach the targeted amount.:
    78 more people to pledge $50 (average)
    or
    65 more people to pledge at the current average of $60.86

$279 - Pledges needed per day to succeed
    $5555 - Today's pledge total
    13 days to go
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwangster12 View Post
    Who read that it is going to be downloadable in the app catalog? Was that stated somewhere? I've been pretty curious as to how the installation of this software would work.

They have said that's there goal is to get it in the Catalog. but are not 100% if it will get in so cant say that's it's a for sure thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    They have said that's there goal is to get it in the Catalog. but are not 100% if it will get in so cant say that's it's a for sure thing.
    Given the level of access needed to provide certain functionality, I give it a zero percent chance of getting into the HP app catalog. That is why they had to target OEMs. Luckily we have a very open OS that will let you do almost anything in the Palm namespace.
    If it doesn't get into the Catalog then they aren't going to make that much money on it. most people don't use preware/homebrew/sideloading app and all that crazy stuff. There's no way to advertise and show people who own touchpads that this software is out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    If it doesn't get into the Catalog then they aren't going to make that much money on it. most people don't use preware/homebrew/sideloading app and all that crazy stuff. There's no way to advertise and show people who own touchpads that this software is out there.
    I would imagine if it is released as some sort of ipk type of app installation, that this software will be cracked and shared pretty easily. I sort of assume that what they had would involve a different type of installation.