Page 102 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92979899100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    It seems that preorders have stopped for the time being...

...but might start up again???
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    ...but might start up again???
    Wow. That's a generous sentiment to concede.

Sorry. I've kept patiently quiet on this until recently. My bile and vitriol for the unprofessional, generally inconsiderate lack of accounting on the part of OM and PIC has reached a head. At least some months ago they were here explaining the hold ups, which is respectable.

Whatever the difficulty's been met, they still owe those who backed them and wait (more patiently than I, who is owed nothing in this) an explanation.
    cuspie likes this.
    One of the reasons I keep posting () here...

Me > < Them

Mobile Nations Devotee
    sledge007 and jcho99 like this.
    I'm really starting to get irked by this.
    RumoredNow and jcho99 like this.
    Hi All,

OpenMobile and PIC have been working diligently to deliver the ACL for webOS solution. Hereís a brief update:

We are pleased to announce that OpenMobile has resolved the missing attribution and GPL licensing issues raised at first launch by Cuspie. All parties involved are satisfied with the solution and have approved the distribution of a new and revised IPK.

We continue to move forward to provide you with a release of ACL for webOS as soon as possible. However, OpenMobile wants to ensure that they are going to provide you with a quality piece of software right out of the gate. For this, they are taking one more pass through our known issues list, resolving some issues that might have gotten in the way of the best user experience and performance possible upon initial install of ACL for webOS onto your TouchPad.

OpenMobile has made great progress already. PIC and OpenMobile will continue to update you each week with progress as we continue to work toward a launch date.
    We understand your frustration and eagerness to get ACL for webOS on your HP TouchPads as soon as possible and we are doing everything we can to make this happen.

We are also aware that many of you still have not received the ACL software and this means that you won't for possibly quite some time. We want to ensure you that a release will become available in the future, but understand if you have reservations. Unon request, PIC will send a full refund to those of you who havenít already received the software and canít wait any longer.

Please find it in your hearts to continue your support and cheer us on during this home stretch!

Thank you!

Daniel Giovannetti
    PIC
    Lifestyles likes this.
    Ugh. You guys missed a launch date by miles and months. Not sure about the others, but I'm pretty put off by this whole debacle. I was against it in the beginning, calling it 'vaporware'. BUT... I decided to jump on and donate to give both groups a chance to come through and prove me wrong. Sadly, at this point I'm so disillusioned by this supposed software that I've lost most interest - except for the cash I put up. I'll give the groups a final (short) chance to put up. We've been pretty forgiving, but I certainly wouldn't push that envelope much more. /vent
    Quote Originally Posted by phxdevices View Post
    ... PIC and OpenMobile will continue to update you each week with progress as we continue to work toward a launch date.
    PIC
    I hope you can fulfill that promise - updates have been pretty sparse in the past.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/28/2014 at 09:52 PM.
    We are pleased to announce that OpenMobile has resolved the missing attribution and GPL licensing issues raised at first launch by Cuspie. All parties involved are satisfied with the solution and have approved the distribution of a new and revised IPK.
    Regardless of anything else, this in particular is a good outcome (with no lawyers involved as far as I am aware).

-- Rod
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/28/2014 at 09:52 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Regardless of anything else, this in particular is a good outcome (with no lawyers involved as far as I am aware).

-- Rod
    The pace was mindboggling, though. Glad that all worked out. It'd be really nice if I could actually activate the software, though.

IMO, it would be far better for PIC/OM to actually release, and detail what they plan to fix in an update, than to sit on it any further. But that's a personal thing, there may be others that feel the opposite.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Hi All,

OpenMobile and PIC have been working diligently to deliver the ACL for webOS solution. Hereís a brief update:

We continue to move forward to provide you with a release of ACL for webOS as soon as possible. However, OpenMobile wants to ensure that they are going to provide you with a quality piece of software right out of the gate. For this, they are taking one more pass through our known issues list, resolving some issues that might have gotten in the way of the best user experience and performance possible upon initial install of ACL for webOS onto your TouchPad.

OpenMobile has made great progress already. PIC and OpenMobile will continue to update you each week with progress as we continue to work toward a launch date.
    We understand your frustration and eagerness to get ACL for webOS on your HP TouchPads as soon as possible and we are doing everything we can to make this happen.

We are also aware that many of you still have not received the ACL software and this means that you won't for possibly quite some time. We want to ensure you that a release will become available in the future, but understand if you have reservations. Unon request, PIC will send a full refund to those of you who havenít already received the software and canít wait any longer.

Please find it in your hearts to continue your support and cheer us on during this home stretch!

Thank you!

Daniel Giovannetti
    PIC
    Thank you for finally providing us with an update. I really hope the ability to install and run ACL on TouchPad Go devices is restored in the next release. There was no reason to remove it in the first place.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Mutoidi likes this.
    At this point my only question would be, are initial kickstarter supporters eligible for a refund?
    We are also aware that many of you still have not received the ACL software and this means that you won't for possibly quite some time.
    Quite some time? Refunds on offer? This really gives the impression that it certainly won't be days, unlikely to be weeks, and probably it'll be months - if at all. Also, does this refer to people who didn't get the beta, or the swiftly pulled release?

Personally I happen to be getting enough out of the beta that I feel that I've not totally wasted my Kickstarter investment, but like many others the TouchPad gets used less and less often as more advanced devices come along, and running Android apps on it when I could get a radically better result running those apps on something more up to date seems increasingly irrelevant.

All a great pity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    Quite some time? Refunds on offer? This really gives the impression that it certainly won't be days, unlikely to be weeks, and probably it'll be months - if at all.
    I'm hearing that it's more like weeks than months but I am a bit worried that OM hasn't really scoped the amount of work required yet. I did get to review a copy of the product without my GPL code in it and while it installed and ran with several new features, it still needed some significant work to get back to the functionality of the Beta. I want to be wrong but there is some schedule risk.

Also, does this refer to people who didn't get the beta, or the swiftly pulled release?
    I believe that PIC is offering this across the board, but it seems obviously intended for the pre-release purchasers. Unfortunately, PIC can no longer distribute the Beta (I asked, begged, pleaded, etc.) - so IMHO PIC is doing the right thing for those who currently have nothing at all to show for their money.

Oh by the way - for those who mentioned that they didn't get their refund because it's been over 30-days since they paid via PayPal ... contact PIC directly - they really want to make things right.

Personally I happen to be getting enough out of the beta that I feel that I've not totally wasted my Kickstarter investment, but like many others the TouchPad gets used less and less often as more advanced devices come along, and running Android apps on it when I could get a radically better result running those apps on something more up to date seems increasingly irrelevant.
    For those of us with the Beta, we at least have something and that's so much better than when OM was working with HP on this product. Is ACL at the point that I would actually pay for this product - not really. But the Beta does tease at the promise of the product.

All a great pity.
    Amen!
    cuspie
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Both PIC and OM have been quite professional and reasonable about addressing this issue and I believe we have come to a good outcome with regards to the GPL code.

I cannot begin to adequately thank the team at PIC, including Marc, Matt, and Dan, for helping to resolve this issue!
    cuspie
    kkalogia, circadia and Garfonso like this.
    Thank you for keeping on, despite the opposition. I by nature am a patient person (as evidenced by my recent trials with Prism TV!), so I will continue to wait.

(I am a Kickstarter supporter, and have it running on one Touchpad).
    ...We are pleased to announce that OpenMobile has resolved the missing attribution and GPL licensing issues raised at first launch by Cuspie. All parties involved are satisfied with the solution and have approved the distribution of a new and revised IPK...
    That's the best news to come out of this project in a long time... Oh wait, the ONLY news.

...PIC and OpenMobile will continue to update you each week with progress as we continue to work toward a launch date. ..
    That sounds just like the phrasing that was used before every long silence. "We'll be in touch often." And then nothing for weeks/months. Speaking of weeks/months - that sounds like the new release schedule.

...We are also aware that many of you still have not received the ACL software and this means that you won't for possibly quite some time. We want to ensure you that a release will become available in the future, but understand if you have reservations. Unon request, PIC will send a full refund to those of you who havenít already received the software and canít wait any longer. ...
    This is the main issue I raised when the kickstarter was first announced. Taking money for something that has never been proven to be stable enough for release. If OMWW could make it happen, why hadn't they? What makes it different now? They showed a Beta way back when...

IMHO, every PreOrder should be refunded since there is still no firm release date, but many broken promises of one. There is nothing that would prevent anyone refunded from purchasing if ACL ever does release. It would be a show of good faith on the part of OMWW/PIC to just return all the PreOrder money.

Quote Originally Posted by kkalogia View Post
    At this point my only question would be, are initial kickstarter supporters eligible for a refund?
    Possibly. Here is what the kickstarter originators agreed to:

And see also: https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq...s?ref=help_nav
    Is a creator legally obligated to fulfill the promises of their project?

Yes. Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. (This is what creators see before they launch.) We crafted these terms to create a legal requirement for creators to follow through on their projects, and to give backers a recourse if they don't. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Grabber5.0 and Gwidion like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    I'm hearing that it's more like weeks than months but I am a bit worried that OM hasn't really scoped the amount of work required yet. I did get to review a copy of the product without my GPL code in it and while it installed and ran with several new features, it still needed some significant work to get back to the functionality of the Beta. I want to be wrong but there is some schedule risk.
    Hell what ???
    You are saying that they, now a month later, are not at that point your code was in beta?
    If that is the case, best solution for those with official 1.x would be to have at least your code of 0.6.

Are you still against sharing your code, now that it seems to be settled?
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post

Are you still against sharing your code, now that it seems to be settled?
    It's not as simple as that. Cuspie's code and OM's code is likely intertwined in such a way that you can't release one without the other, and to do so would likely cause a copyright claim in the opposite direction.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    RumoredNow likes this.
  19. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    Both PIC and OM have been quite professional and reasonable about addressing this issue and I believe we have come to a good outcome with regards to the GPL code.
    does this mean that they respect the GPL, add the license to their (installer-)app and mentioned the people (you) that helped them so much to get a great installer working?

Or are they rewriting the installer not having to add the GPL and throwing away all the great work other people (you) have done for them for free? This really would be stupid :-(
    I don't want my money back right now. I can wait. Grudgingly.

All I want is a product as promised within a decent amount of time. That means, before my Touchpad dies.

So, we will be appraised of the situation in weekly updates. I can live with that. I am now expecting an update every week on what was done up to that point. I don't care what it is, just let me know what was done or what was unable to be accomplished and for what reason.

I'll be satisfied with that.

-Koa-
    RumoredNow likes this.