Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2089
Like Tree1415Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by speter0001 View Post
    I do want to install the android on the Touchpad that I give my parents, and still look for a good build version.
    I use jcsullins' 10.1-20131112-SNAPSHOT-BLUETOOTH-tenderloin.

Anything more recent than that is likely based on unstable newer kernel work or is missing bluetooth functionality. Forget 10.2 or 10.3 stuff until it stabilises.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    PalmLives and ashi like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrv331 View Post
    Just wanted to pass along that at the beginning of the month I filed a dispute with Paypal. They found in my favor and refunded my money.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    SWEET, tell us what you told them so we can do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

Anything more recent than that is likely based on unstable newer kernel work or is missing bluetooth functionality. Forget 10.2 or 10.3 stuff until it stabilises.

-- Rod
    He did put out a 10.1 20131207-SNAPSHOT-Bluetooth-tenderloin build. Do you think it includes the unstable kernel work you mentioned?
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 01/17/2014 at 08:08 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by roydk View Post
    Just tried to file a Paypal dispute, they said that this transaction is not covered in their dispute rules, so it looks like
    PIC gets off on a technicality. WE LOOSE AGAIN. Need to go buy more Vaseline.
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    I've been combing the web...

I see no mention of OpenMobileWorldWide at CES 2014. Has the tech press learned to just walk on past their booth without stopping???

See the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    He did put out a 10.1 20131207-SNAPSHOT-Bluetooth-tenderloin build. Do you think it includes the unstable kernel work you mentioned?
    Ah, that's probably the VPN fix one. Should be fine.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roydk View Post
    I filed saying i never received the software. PIC never responded to the dispute so I automatically won. If i saw light at the end of the tunnel I would have held on

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jrv331; 01/18/2014 at 11:44 AM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Ah, that's probably the VPN fix one. Should be fine.

-- Rod
    Stick with 12/07. The newer one is the kernel fix and has been giving some users problems. No complaints on 12/7

Quote Originally Posted by aleevh View Post
    See the following:
    That's a Pocketnow vid from CES 2013 and it's over one year old...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

-- Rod
    Rod, thanks for this tip....I had been severely missing BT from the Milaq builds and they often crashed or were buggy. This build gives me back BT and it seems to be very stable.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Oh yikes. I don't want Cuspie to release anything but a status update! I think a lot of folks are just looking for information. I've never read a thread with more "whys" and "whens" and "wheres" than this one. Nothing from PIC, nothing from OM, but hopefully someone in this community has a contact that can get an answer or two soon.
    I don't have a lot to share. Here's what I know:

1. I've been told by several people that talked to OM at CES that work is underway to resolve the webOS ACL release issues that I raised.
    2. I've been told by PIC that OM is busily working on the issue.
    3. I just heard yesterday that there is a prerelease of the fixed version floating around. However, PIC tells me that OM has asked that I not be provided a copy of this code as not all of the fixes are completed. I think OM's position makes perfect sense.

So sadly, all we can really do is continue to wait. But we do know that people are working on the issues!

Meantime - I'm playing with KitKat on my Touchpad

And I'm putting away some money for a new LG TV! Maybe that 77" Flexible 4K OLED (with webOS, of course!)

That's all I know folks!
    cuspie
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post

1. I've been told by several people that talked to OM at CES that work is underway to resolve the webOS ACL release issues that I raised.
    3. I just heard yesterday that there is a prerelease of the fixed version floating around. However, PIC tells me that OM has asked that I not be provided a copy of this code as not all of the fixes are completed. I think OM's position makes perfect sense.

So sadly, all we can really do is continue to wait. But we do know that people are working on the issues!

And I'm putting away some money for a new LG TV! Maybe that 77" Flexible 4K OLED (with webOS, of course!)

That's all I know folks!
    cuspie
    Hello. Help me. As I can install a touchpad kitkat?

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    Hello. Help me. As I can install a touchpad kitkat?

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
    Don't. No KitKat for Touchpad is stable. Use the jcsullins 10.1 build referenced above.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by jrv331 View Post
    I filed saying i never received the software. PIC never responded to the dispute so I automatically won. If i saw light at the end of the tunnel I would have held on

I think I waited too long, should have nailed this coffin shut much earlier on PIC..
  15. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    that's too bad, instead of fixing and enhancing the core of ACL, using the working installer of the 0.6, adding the GPL and some "thanks" to the readme, they decide to waste more time into rewriting the installer. That's just endless stupid :-(

KitKat probably will not work, for me CM9 works quite reliable, but I don't like Android very much, I prefer staying with webOS, ACL would have been a great addon, but by now I know that it will not fit my needs in the current state.

It looks very promising, but I have an great LCD TV I do not use very often (once a week) and only with DVDs, so probably I have no need for a new TV!

Regards,

thg
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    It looks very promising, but I have an great LCD TV I do not use very often (once a week) and only with DVDs, so probably I have no need for a new TV!
    Heh, my TV is now an exclusive YouTube device, since my TV service was canceled. A webOS TV would give me far more options than the grab-your-money services on my Sony TV.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I just installed Evervolv KK 4.4.2 with kernel 3.4 (ev_tenderloin-testing-2014.01.16.zip).

The bad stuff is it is a little glitchy: It may not play 3d games or videos (Netflix). Also Bluetooth, mic, physical home button and camera do not work.

On the plus side it is very smooth. In fact, it is smoother at stock speed than 4.3.2 O/C to 1.8 GHz.

I may just leave this on my tablet for now since it is more suited for most activities I do sans Angry Birds Go.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X

That's all I know folks!
    cuspie
    So cuspie, the guy that donated 5000+ $, time beta testing and providing feedback and/or fixes and brainpower is also the guy that gives us any decent updates on this whole thing. I find myself lacking in words to express both the disappointment towards OM/PIC and gratitude towards cuspie, so i'll keep it simple.

OM/PIC you guys have shown the amateur way of doing things.

Cuspie you are the man.
    Sadly, there are a number of commercial developers that don't really "get" how open source works.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    creepingmee, cuspie and eKeith like this.
    The silence: it's deafening.