Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By jollyxier
  • 3 Post By Mutoidi
  • 1 Post By johnsonx42
  • 1 Post By Mutoidi
  1. jollyxier's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
       #1  
    You found your HP TouchPad is running slow? But don’t worry. now, I suggest one really simple way to speed up TouchPad.

    Note: My HP TouchPad is running webOS v3.0.2. That is the only version that I have tested to speed up TouchPad. So please make sure you’re up to date.

    One of the big problems with webOS is that HP has turned on all sorts of logging in the background. Logging is generally pretty good, as it records (or logs) problems with a machine or software, allowing you to refer back to the log should there ever be an issue. Unfortunately, the TouchPad’s logging is the problem and makes TouchPad slow. But it’s extremely easy to set logging to minimum. Doing this will noticeably speeds up TouchPad. Now let’s see the step by steps operations to set logging to minimal.

    Open up the Phone & Video Calls App
    Type ##5647# and hit the green call button
    In the new window that pops up, click on “Change Logging Levels…”
    On the next screen hit “Set Logging To Minimal”
    Click OK to confirm on the “Are You Sure?” popup
    That’s it!
    After setting TouchPad logging to minimum, you’ll begin to notice a difference immediately. Maybe this doesn’t completely fix webOS’s issues, but it does speed up TouchPad.
    MAMISHO likes this.
  2. #2  
    if things havent changed then any time you download/install something from the app cat i think that auto defers back to normal and needs done again.

    aquire some patches from preware.

    Muffle System Logging
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    EOM Overlord Monitoring

    these are worth installing, also if you want to push it a bit further you can stop a lot of info going into your message logs by redirecting them to oblivion instead of a file, likely doesnt speed anything up noticably or at all but keeps things tidy/uncluttered imho.

    permanant removal of some logs
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  3. #3  
    Yes.. logging seems to 'reset' this way, so is not necessarily a permenant solution.

    It is also *possible* that the 'Muffle System Logging' Patch can cause confusion in the Photos App file indexing service - at least this is suspected in 2.2.X.
    If you experience this in 3.0.X - I have and it's painful - a 'cure' has been:

    1). Run Internalz Pro.
    2). Delete: - ' /var/luna/data/filenotify.db3 '
    3). Reboot the device
    4). Start Photo App.
    ( + "..Take a Photo - click on the preview to viiew - Close Camera -
    Close & Re-open Photo app.. " if nec.)
    5) .Photos should now begin re-loading/indexing correctly.
    May take a while according to No. of Pics etc.

    Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/28/2013 at 07:25 AM.

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    MAMISHO, Vistaus and Rnp like this.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyxier View Post
    ...Note: My HP TouchPad is running webOS v3.0.2. That is the only version that I have tested to speed up TouchPad. So please make sure you’re up to date....
    You know, just to say, v3.0.2 is not up to date. It's all the way up to 3.0.5...

    But, yeah, good advice. Logging is a known issue with webOS and your tip is still a valid one.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  5. #5  
    preware has patches to disable or lower logging level too.
  6. #6  
    lol, the OP is SO 2011... I wonder if he's heard about HP killing webOS, or the great firesale?
    laoh likes this.
  7. #7  
    Looks like a spam account reposting things it found on the web to try to get it's post count up so it can really spam
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    lol, the OP is SO 2011... I wonder if he's heard about HP killing webOS, or the great firesale?
    Be nice. A reminder for some and new info for those new to webOS is never a bad thing. Heck, I wasn't even aware of the EOM Overlord Monitoring patch. Gonna install that one now.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Looks like a spam account reposting things it found on the web to try to get it's post count up so it can really spam
    Meh - 15 global posts, belongs to 3 Nations, joined back in December '12... That's not laying low and waiting, that's a casual forum user.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  10. #10  
    Funny thing is...

    Yes, we all know that WebOS is more or less dead until something happens with HP and LG to bring it back... in the meanwhile.. "we" are it.

    I've been trying to be as active as possible so to assist anyone with anything that I might be able to provide assistance with.

    I've posted, started new threads hoping to get feedback, or at least bring this "community" to discuss some items, and at the very least provide my perceptions and findings that might assist others.

    I've seen many thread that barely get 2-3 responses while the view count is in the hundreds, so I guess that many simply don't really care to participate.

    But then you have this thread for example, which has now fallen into some sort of jabs for some, instead of providing information, just bash the info because it's dated and the OP's identity is questionable.

    Is this how bad things are with WebOS?

    The responses about the OP's post that provided actual information are the ones that are appreciated, and for example, myself that's not been with WebOS at the very start, have missed out on many items and still catching up, so those comments with suggestions for patches and preware (which I'd otherwise wouldn't even know existed or what they do) are what this should be about.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by monday206am View Post
    Be nice. A reminder for some and new info for those new to webOS is never a bad thing. Heck, I wasn't even aware of the EOM Overlord Monitoring patch. Gonna install that one now.
    Same here. I thought I applied every possible patch/trick to get the most out of webOS but I didn't know about the EOM patch yet. Installed it last night on my TP and Pre 3.

    Also, kudos to Mutoidi who gave me the solution for the Photos app. I searched a few times in the last few months but never found the answer and forgot to open up a thread. But now I finally have a solution
  12. #12  
    another thing ofc, less to do with system speedups but adblocking can help a little with your browsing experience, and for that we have 2.

    Max Blocker
    Ad Blocker

    install 1 but not both, from their instructions, it seems max blocker may do more and it suggests using the other if you have issues with it, if not then keep max blocker.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Same here. I thought I applied every possible patch/trick to get the most out of webOS but I didn't know about the EOM patch yet. Installed it last night on my TP and Pre 3.

    Also, kudos to Mutoidi who gave me the solution for the Photos app. I searched a few times in the last few months but never found the answer and forgot to open up a thread. But now I finally have a solution

    Yes..'OEM' was one of the first patches I installed in 'The Great Firesale' aftermath - courtesy of James Kendrick @ ZD-Net:

    How to improve the performance of your new HP TouchPad | ZDNet

    I like the 'F4 Phantom' Kernel - and of course the 'Faster Card Animations 'HYPER' patch looks cool too!

    Thanks! I hope that Photos App 'workaround' does the job for you too! No Worries!
    I have actually removed the 'Muffle System Logging' patch and rely only upon 'OEM' now.


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    Funny thing is...

    Yes, we all know that WebOS is more or less dead until something happens with HP and LG to bring it back... in the meanwhile.. "we" are it.

    I've been trying to be as active as possible so to assist anyone with anything that I might be able to provide assistance with.

    I've posted, started new threads hoping to get feedback, or at least bring this "community" to discuss some items, and at the very least provide my perceptions and findings that might assist others.

    I've seen many thread that barely get 2-3 responses while the view count is in the hundreds, so I guess that many simply don't really care to participate.

    But then you have this thread for example, which has now fallen into some sort of jabs for some, instead of providing information, just bash the info because it's dated and the OP's identity is questionable.

    Is this how bad things are with WebOS?

    The responses about the OP's post that provided actual information are the ones that are appreciated, and for example, myself that's not been with WebOS at the very start, have missed out on many items and still catching up, so those comments with suggestions for patches and preware (which I'd otherwise wouldn't even know existed or what they do) are what this should be about.
    I'm sorry if my reply upset you, or the OP.

    I tried to make my comment as gentle as possible and thought perhaps the OP could benefit from learning that the OS has been updated since last they looked while correcting the misinformation in the post that 3.0.2 is "up to date." At the same time I tried to validate their point regarding logging by acknowledging it's validity...

    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Yes..'OEM' was one of the first patches I installed in 'The Great Firesale' aftermath - courtesy of James Kendrick @ ZD-Net:

    How to improve the performance of your new HP TouchPad | ZDNet

    I like the 'F4 Phantom' Kernel - and of course the 'Faster Card Animations 'HYPER' patch looks cool too!

    Thanks! I hope that Photos App 'workaround' does the job for you too! No Worries!
    I have actually removed the 'Muffle System Logging' patch and rely only upon 'OEM' now.

    if your using lunaCE, dont install patches like hyper card or tap ripple and many other luna related tweaks as lunaCE and the old patches will clash.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    if your using lunaCE, dont install patches like hyper card or tap ripple and many other luna related tweaks as lunaCE and the old patches will clash.
    Yes.. they were written into LunaCE weren't they.
    With CE 4.9.5 atm - and running AUSMT etc and reinstalling, clears that up!
    Fine with 2.2.X. also!


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    geekpeter likes this.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Yes.. they were written into LunaCE weren't they.
    With CE 4.9.5 atm - and running AUSMT etc and reinstalling, clears that up!
    Fine with 2.2.X. also!

    4.9.10 is current isnt it?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    4.9.10 is current isnt it?
    4.9.10 is still in alpha state.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    4.9.10 is current isnt it?
    Yes it is - but I much prefer 4.9.5! Less enforced 'improvements'!


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10/20/2011, 11:53 PM
  2. Touchpad Web Browsing Speed
    By Jman13 in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10/14/2011, 10:22 AM
  3. Simple way to speed up touchpad/disable logging
    By provost in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09/27/2011, 02:32 PM
  4. Touchpad WiFi Speed/Performance
    By cor_mann in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09/22/2011, 09:04 AM
  5. I want to speed up my TouchPad
    By joshwithachance in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08/24/2011, 12:32 PM

Posting Permissions