1.    #1  
    We lost the USB cable for our TouchPad. Can I just replace it with a generic micro USB cable? I do have the power adapter, which I think is different than my Pre- power adapters. I know that in the past when I plugged in the TouchPad with my Pre- cable and power adapter to charge, I would get an error. I do have the charging stand, but I have on occasion had problems with my TouchPad not charging and would have to use the USB cable and wall charger to get it to charge.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcochran View Post
    We lost the USB cable for our TouchPad. Can I just replace it with a generic micro USB cable? I do have the power adapter, which I think is different than my Pre- power adapters. I know that in the past when I plugged in the TouchPad with my Pre- cable and power adapter to charge, I would get an error. I do have the charging stand, but I have on occasion had problems with my TouchPad not charging and would have to use the USB cable and wall charger to get it to charge.

Thanks!
    I have a micro-USB cable from my mp3 player that I use for charging - after the stock cable stopped working (I think the micro-USB end got twisted).

It should work for you so long as you still have the powerbrick (It does for me!).
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Thanks!
    Yes, any USB cable will be fine. You can just plug it into your existing adapter.
    650p | 755p | Centro | Pre | Pixi | Pre 2 | Pre 3 | 2 Touchpads

Thanks!
    I have Palm USB and HP/Palm USB Cables both seem to work without any issues...

I have Motorola USB cables and generic (came with a NextBook tablet), they work fine...

I have never seen an issue with USB Cables...

Now I only charge my Touchpad with a TouchStone changer, however, I have played with the USB Cables and the chargers...

HP/Palm Touchpad charger works with any USB cable I tested
    Palm charger (charges, but Touchpad says it wants it's adapter), worked with any USB cable I tested...
    Generic USB charger worked like the Palm Charger, it worked with any USB cable I tested, but Touchpad complained it was not powerful enough...

So unless the generic USB does not meet the USB spec's any USB cable should work? (YMMV)
    Yes.. the Palm (phone) wall charger does not deliver enough current for the TP or TP Touchstone to rapid-charge, it's 'complaint' being the same as when you plug the TP into the USB of your computer.
    It will charge.. but very slowly - like overnight instead of a few hours.

I have stripped an HP Micro to USB A cable and found that the + & - charging wires are considerably thicker than the data carrying wires, to cater for the 'extra' current delivered specifically by the HP TP Wall Chargers - I do *not* know whether all generic USB cables are also thus designed, so for safety's sake, probably best stick with a replacement HP cable if you can - (No, I don't work for HP either!).

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Yes.. the Palm (phone) wall charger does not deliver enough current for the TP or TP Touchstone to rapid-charge, it's 'complaint' being the same as when you plug the TP into the USB of your computer.
    It will charge.. but very slowly - like overnight instead of a few hours.

I have stripped an HP Micro to USB A cable and found that the + & - charging wires are considerably thicker than the data carrying wires, to cater for the 'extra' current delivered specifically by the HP TP Wall Chargers - I do *not* know whether all generic USB cables are also thus designed, so for safety's sake, probably best stick with a replacement HP cable if you can - (No, I don't work for HP either!).

Thanks for all the great info! Off to order some cables.