Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1. tfj
    I have my TP, as host, connected by usb cable to a Nokia 900, as guest, and am running a Python
    program (via wTerm) that does a lot of time-consuming reading-and-writing between the two devices.

After a few minutes, the TP's screen dims; if I tap it, it brightens back up, but if I don't,
    about a minute later the screen goes black, and apparently, usb I/O is cut off, which effectively stomps
    my program.

Please tell me ways to temporarily disable this battery-saving feature, so my programs can run,
    unattended, to completion.
    Hi tfj,

Go into Preware and look for a patch called "More Standby Times" (Preware→ Available Packages→ Screen Lock→ More Standby Times)

This patch will add more time standby times to your "Screen & Lock" in the 'Settings' app. You can then choose to have the device wait up to 24 hours before turning off the screen - which puts the device into standby. Hopefully this helps you out.
    RumoredNow likes this.
  3. tfj
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hi tfj,

Go into Preware and look for a patch called "More Standby Times" (Preware→ Available Packages→ Screen Lock→ More Standby Times)

This patch will add more time standby times to your "Screen & Lock" in the 'Settings' app. You can then choose to have the device wait up to 24 hours before turning off the screen - which puts the device into standby. Hopefully this helps you out.
    Thanks. My TP is in a non-standard mode right now, so I manually edited
    the 'ScreenLockPrefApp.jsjsjs' $file$ $to$ $add$ &$lt$;$8$ $hours$&$gt$; $in$ $two$ $places$, $being$ $careful$
    to include the all-important commas. I wonder if this non-standard patching-job is likely
    to eventually cause system problems?

I also went ahead and changed my program so it can resume from interruptions, which is a
    good idea anyway.