Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
    Perhaps the iPhone user agent patch would work. I had the same experience on my Pre2.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Yeah, as I wrote, a long shot for legacy. It's a good sign that the site is usable, but the underlying technology of Legacy might not be up to it even if it can pretend to be something else. I'm slightly surprised you're testing with a phone. My guess is that the 3.0.5 browser on the tablet may be the most modern (as it's the newest + screen size). Then there's LuneOS...

Here's the original Netflix blogpost: Netflix US & Canada Blog: The Netflix Website Gets A Major Upgrade
    Does not work on the Touchpad either. Same result as the phones.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    Just tried it on my TP with iPad user agent spoof. It let me log in and I could see the new web page and movie/TV choices, but as soon as I clicked on one I got "cannot open mime type" and it dumped me to the Netflix app download page. And, oddly enough, there wasn't a webOS option :-(
    Gosh darn that mime type thing!

Anyone tried LuneOS yet?

What's really annoying is that there is a netflix app for webOS.... on the TVs!

If we could get the app (might needUI modifying), spoof the UA to webOS TV....?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Gosh darn that mime type thing!

Anyone tried LuneOS yet?

What's really annoying is that there is a netflix app for webOS.... on the TVs!

If we could get the app (might needUI modifying), spoof the UA to webOS TV....?
    I have no account to check, but spoofing UA is easy: https://github.com/webOS-ports/org.w...a-overrides.js

LuneOS doesn't have any DRM implemented so I doubt it will work

Just add it to the file and "adb push ua-overrides.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosports$.$browser$/$qml$/$js$/&$quot$;
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Preemptive likes this.
    I haven't tried a user agent override, but it did not work in the LuneOS browser. Got the same system requirements page.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 06/18/2015 at 10:34 PM.
    could someone please confirm Netflix is currently unavailable on any webOS device?

thanks
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    So far as I know, Netflix uses silverlght as a player, and MS has not issued it webos.
    Android has silver light though? Interesting. Thanks for the info!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    I have two HP Touchpad. One is 16 Wi-iFi the second a32 4G. I installed ACL open mobile on the 32. I get all the goodness of Web OS + the ability to have a working Netflix, Iheart radio and working You tube. Some games seem a little better on the android, and many android apps don't install on it, but it does give me the items I wanted and I still have a working WebOS which I love.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12