Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I am having a problem with a video file (of a PBS show) on my Google Drive. I just want to download it to my Touchpad to watch at the gym. It's fairly large (300MB). When I hit More > Download on the dropdown menu, I get: "Sorry, we are unable to scan this file for viruses. The file exceeds the maximum size that we scan. Download anyway."

So I hit the download anyway link. However, the touchpad immediately launches the video player and tries to play the file. That ends up in an error. And the file never seems to download.

Is there a way to just download a file from Google Drive without launching it on the Touchpad?
    I've seen this before and I've never found a work-around for those times you are away from a computer. Otherwise, you can manually move the files via USB.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/11/2013 at 12:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by linksfiend View Post
    I am having a problem with a video file (of a PBS show) on my Google Drive. I just want to download it to my Touchpad to watch at the gym. It's fairly large (300MB). When I hit More > Download on the dropdown menu, I get: "Sorry, we are unable to scan this file for viruses. The file exceeds the maximum size that we scan. Download anyway."

So I hit the download anyway link. However, the touchpad immediately launches the video player and tries to play the file. That ends up in an error. And the file never seems to download.

Is there a way to just download a file from Google Drive without launching it on the Touchpad?
    Why can't you download it on a computer, connect the Touchpad via USB and copy it over.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    Why can't you download it on a computer, connect the Touchpad via USB and copy it over.
    My USB connection has become "loose" / keeps losing contact.

So that's my next project. I haven't searched this forum yet. But if you have a good reference, please point me in the right direction
    I assume you have adjusted the USB pins on the TP and cable?
    My USB connection has become "loose" / keeps losing contact.

So that's my next project. I haven't searched this forum yet. But if you have a good reference, please point me in the right direction
    As the other person just mentioned, have you tested with multiple cables first, different ports?

Otherwise.. why not try DropBox instead of Google. (then use Gemini File Manager to transfer to local folder)

Or get WIFI Media Synch. It works to transfer files over the WIFI, I personally have had trouble that it works one-side only for me.. so I can send to the device but not to the computer, but it your case, this would work out.

Also... there's Kalemsoft Media Player that you can use to stream with.

Or there's always Splashtop Remote to stream your PC's screen directly (and so watch your video)

Or you could upload to Facebook or Youtube and make it private.

If your USB connector is broken, the good news is that if you can get a replacement, it's a small board that's fairly easy to change as long as you open your Touchpad properly.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I did try with multiple cables. Something is loose in the touchpad itself. I only get a good connection for charging or transfer when an external force is applied to the connector on the usb cord perpendicularly toward the screen. I usually do this by resting the connector on a pencil while laying the touchpad flat.

An hour long Frontline episode in mp4 format is 315MB - exceeding the dropbox or box.com file size limits
    I did try with multiple cables. Something is loose in the touchpad itself. I only get a good connection for charging or transfer when an external force is applied to the connector on the usb cord perpendicularly toward the screen. I usually do this by resting the connector on a pencil while laying the touchpad flat.

An hour long Frontline episode in mp4 format is 315MB - exceeding the dropbox or box.com file size limits
    Well, as stated, I've mentioned all the alternatives I can think of... Kalemsoft, Splashtop, and Wifi Media Synch.

For your connector, if might be as simple as the screws have somehow gotten lose, but it still means opening it. Can you see if the connector tab in the port is broken/lose or does it appear to be the whole port that's moving backwards when pressure is applied?

Consider re-rendering the video to be smaller.... or break it in parts.

Also, on the homebrew section: http://www.webosnation.com/wirelessl...i-file-sharing

EDIT: Just installed and tested "WIFI Files Sharing" on mine... works GREAT! (make sure you reboot first). Just transferred a 410MB MP4 file and opened it with Kalemsoft and worked perfectly.
    Last edited by imfallen_angel; 04/12/2013 at 01:31 PM.
    I see a pattern...
    download it to PC then transfer it via wifi file transfer (you can grab it from preware)
    Another option is to use the enyo driver mapper (aka network drives app) and mount your pc as a network drive on your touchpad and transfer files using gemini or internalz pro

Network Drives - Enyo Network Drive Mapper
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3