1.    #1  
    Has anyone with a Touchpad Go been able to get location services working on the device? I only have WiFi enabled (not 4G). Location services work properly with this configuration on my WiFi Touchpad. I can't say the same for the Go.

My settings under the Location services settings are as follows:
    - For websites: Always Ask
    - For applications: Always Locate
    - Geotag photos: Off

If anyone has any suggestions on what I can try, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeguychicago View Post
    Has anyone with a Touchpad Go been able to get location services working on the device? I only have WiFi enabled (not 4G). Location services work properly with this configuration on my WiFi Touchpad. I can't say the same for the Go.

My settings under the Location services settings are as follows:
    - For websites: Always Ask
    - For applications: Always Locate
    - Geotag photos: Off

If anyone has any suggestions on what I can try, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Under Location Services then Locate me Using make sure use Google Services is checked... GPS will only work on 4G if you have a SIM card connected and it can see a network, that does not mean it has to be provisioned to a contract/plan, it just needs to see the network...

On a phone there is a GPS chip, my understanding the Touchpad 4G/Touchpad Go use a mini-pci type card modem...

The same goes for time, my Veer, which does not have a SIM, works well with GPS, but fails time sync, I put in a SIM card, once provisionsed, now not connected to a contract/plan, time is synced, although no data is synced, but I can also make 911 calls, with out the SIM, the phone has no clue which carrier to use and 911 calls do not work...

Although, by law in USA it is required to make 911 calls, it fails... not that FCC or FedTelcom dept will make HP fix that...