1.    #1  
    i have a demo version touchpad which does not let me create a web os account and thus does not let me activate the touchpad , I have tried to get hp support to help but they do not since the touchpad is discontinued. I have also tried to hacktivate it but have had no luck. so i as a last resort i want to ask for help on the forum and im hoping some one either does not mind or does not use their webos account and let me have it, all i need is to activate my touch pad and after that you can change password.
    please let me know thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrorange View Post
    i have a demo version touchpad which does not let me create a web os account and thus does not let me activate the touchpad , I have tried to get hp support to help but they do not since the touchpad is discontinued. I have also tried to hacktivate it but have had no luck. so i as a last resort i want to ask for help on the forum and im hoping some one either does not mind or does not use their webos account and let me have it, all i need is to activate my touch pad and after that you can change password.
    please let me know thanks
    Borrowing an account wont help, The demo unit's tokens are wrong and wont be allowed on the servers. You have to create a meta doctor to doctor the device and change the tokens. here is the instructions.

Tutorials webOS Activating Touchpad Demo Unit - WebOS Internals
    If you know how to edit the NVRAM it should also be pretty straight forward. Of course, you'll still need the ramdisk to do activation bypass...
    Forget the HP account for Demo touchpad. Try this...
    1. Use Tp.Devicetool.jar to jump up activate. (Can find out in webosnation)
    2. Use NDI software to flash and upgrade it to webos 3.0.5(select skip first use and app undates won't work).
    3. If can find out HP blk/wht label on the back cover and can see IMEI No or 3G module etc.. You got a 3G demo touchpad(Normal unlock). Otherwise is wifi version.
    4. For demo touchpad. it is not easy to upgrade the webos version.
    Not everyone have access to your internal tools. Actually, using MetaDoctor may be a good idea (or at least edit some XML files) if the TP isn't running 3.0.5.
    .........I mean that's fast way to solve it.