1.    #1  
    I got a HP touchpad a few days ago that someone attempted to dualboot with android and has no video. It seems to respond in some ways, such as the camera sound for screen shots as well as the volume up and down buttons sounding off. It isnt being detected by webos doctor either. any ideas or programs i can use to detect and reset this so i can use it?
    No Internet Connection

worth reading that, and maybe some bits before and after, just to see what went wrong for others.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    No video, as in nothing displayed on screen? If so, can you see anything with the device under a bright light source? If so, it may mean the backlighting has given out.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    No video, as in nothing displayed on screen? If so, can you see anything with the device under a bright light source? If so, it may mean the backlighting has given out.
    the back light is up and running. which i found odd with no vid
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Lyon View Post
    the back light is up and running. which i found odd with no vid
    There are two cables connecting the top panel (they are very short), one connects to the TouchPanel board, one connects to the display driver...

If the display cable is loose or not pushed in, the LCD light will light, but you will have no display....

I have never heard of one getting loose, except if someone repaired or took it apart... Watch out for the clips they break easy, but using a butter knife one and remove them without breaking them (YMMV)....
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/03/2013 at 04:22 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    There are two cables connecting the top panel (they are very short), one connects to the TouchPanel board, one connects to the display driver...

If the display cable is loose or not pushed in, the LCD light will light, but you will have no display....

I have never heard of one getting loose, except if someone repaired or took it apart... Watch out for the clips the break easy, but using a butter knife one and remove them without breaking them (YMMV)....
    took it apart earlier and disconnected and reseated those cables. its in the same state as before.
    Please define "no video". It's not completely obvious to me what that means.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Please define "no video". It's not completely obvious to me what that means.
    the backlight is lit up, but no images or logo's at all. webos does not recognize it at all either.
    nothing while in any OS, what about recovery mode direct after powerup? no usb logo displayed either?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    nothing while in any OS, what about recovery mode direct after powerup? no usb logo displayed either?
    no images, no logo's, nothing. just a black, glowing screen.