Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree16Likes
    Hey guys could I get some help? Trying to get my touchpad up and running but I can't get it to work!

It keeps throwing an error saying it can't find fastboot, so I found this thread and upgraded to Ubuntu 12.10 from 12.04,but I can't get fastboot! I've tried finding a download, looking on the Ubuntu software, and install via terminal, but even that says it can't find adb or flashboot.

I would love any step by step help you can offer! Thanks
    Just to be sure, you tried running the following command in a terminal window?

sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot

When I rebuilt my TP support Ubuntu laptop about a year or so ago I installed 16.04 and found both in the the Ubuntu Software market. I have not had any issues over 12.x so if you want to go with a newer version, you will still be able to work on your TP trouble free.
    Last edited by joeytino; 04/19/2017 at 04:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    Just to be sure, you tried running the following command in a terminal window?

sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot

When I rebuilt my TP support Ubuntu laptop about a year or so ago I installed 16.04 and found both in the the Ubuntu Software market. I have not had any issues over 12.x so if you want to go with a newer version, you will still be able to work on your TP trouble free.
    I tried that and it kept saying it wasn't found. Found a solution here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/3625...locate-package

Just follow the phablet instructions, but after putting in "sudo apt-get update, type in "sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot" (taking out the phablet-tools). Mine immediately worked after I did that, it just couldn't find the tools. Now it's booted, but stuck on boot, only showing the HP logo or the loading Cyanogen screen. On to the next issue!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234