1.    #1  
    I woke up this morning to discover that the backlight on the touchpad appears to have stopped working...

Cold/warm boot doesn't appear to make a difference. Everything else appears to work (lol using a flashlight to see whats on the screen)

A google search finds mention of the lcd screen being bundled(?) with the backlight and to replace one, is to also replace the other. (ie not a separate item)

The cheapest (ebay) lcd replacement i've seen is about $70. (or should I just put $$ towards newer tablet tech... )

Just curious if anyone has had to replace the backlight, and what was the experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by idiomcritter View Post
    I woke up this morning to discover that the backlight on the touchpad appears to have stopped working...

Cold/warm boot doesn't appear to make a difference. Everything else appears to work (lol using a flashlight to see whats on the screen)

A google search finds mention of the lcd screen being bundled(?) with the backlight and to replace one, is to also replace the other. (ie not a separate item)

The cheapest (ebay) lcd replacement i've seen is about $70. (or should I just put $$ towards newer tablet tech... )

Just curious if anyone has had to replace the backlight, and what was the experience?
    This may help.

Edit: Nevermind, sorry bout that. Atleast I bumped up the issue. Just woke up.
    Proud user of a Palm Pre+ on T-Mobile running 1.4.5 in New Orleans, Louisiana
    --
    Need some help getting Odamex on WebOS
    Remember the bombardment of letters WebOS users hopefully sent to HP? Well, we need you again loyal users. Click and sign to entertain the slight notion of this petition reaching LG. The numbers rise daily, we need to keep going! Even if its slim to none, its better than doing nothing and complaining!