1.    #1  
    My HP Touchpad keyboard has a few dead keys. I bought it brand new from a Best Buy during the fire sale and just opened it for the first time. The dead keys are Left Shift, Z, X, B, N, Space and maybe some others. Did anyone else have this or a similar problem? Is there any solution? I'd hate to simply throw this keyboard in the trash when it's brand new. Thanks.
    -
    FireFox31

StarTac 7868W (6 years) > Treo 650 (4 years) > Palm Pre (1+ years)
    Hi FireFox31,

I would definitely NOT throw out the device because of this issue. I had a keyboard problem once that was frustrating. I ended up simply doctoring the device and by setting it back to a fresh OS installation I was able to get rid of the issue. If you haven't done so already, I would suggest backing up your device and then running the Doctor file. This could very well fix the hiccup you are seeing.
    I had similar and found that fitting fresh 'AA' batts to the BT KB and stretching the connectors a little ensured a good electrical connection thereafter.

I have actually had more glitchy key issues with the TP Virtual KB, than the BT one!
    Anyone else find that 'c' 'v' 'b' and particularly 'n' will sometimes display a blank space instead of themselves?
    I do recall months ago that someone else also comme ted on this...

Last edited by Mutoidi; 03/24/2013 at 08:06 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I had similar and found that fitting fresh 'AA' batts to the BT KB and stretching the connectors a little ensured a good electrical connection thereafter.

I have actually had more glitchy key issues with the TP Virtual KB, than the BT one!
    Anyone else find that 'c' 'v' 'b' and particularly 'n' will sometimes display a blank space instead of themselves?
    I do recall months ago that someone else also commemted on this...

Thanks for the tips. The BT keyboard had the same dead key issues when paired with my Android phone (yes, I do miss using my Palm Pre +). I am currently using rechargeable batteries in the keyboard, so I'll try the non-rechargeable ones it came with to see if that changes things. Thanks for the help. I really want that awesome keyboard to work.
    -
    FireFox31

StarTac 7868W (6 years) > Treo 650 (4 years) > Palm Pre (1+ years)
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox31 View Post
    Thanks for the tips. The BT keyboard had the same dead key issues when paired with my Android phone (yes, I do miss using my Palm Pre +). I am currently using rechargeable batteries in the keyboard, so I'll try the non-rechargeable ones it came with to see if that changes things. Thanks for the help. I really want that awesome keyboard to work.
    No worries. Hopefully it helps.. the fact that the same issue occurred in Android on another machine, does at least indicate a definite KB failure of some sort.
    Hey.. it is an awesome KB' yes.. and still available new for a *fair* price on ebay etc if you have to replace it as a last resort anyway.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.