webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Won't let me update or download apps
Won't let me update or download apps

Old 03/22/2013, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hey guys,
I've had an annoying problem withe downloading and updating apps for sometime now and its becoming a pain in the ****!
When I try to download an app from the HP App Catalog I get a message in the top right of the screen saying

"Download Failed",

and a small window in the top right saying

"Not Enough Storage to Download
You must clear space on your drive before you can download
Cancel
Instructions"

I have 8.1GB of the total 16GB storage so this message clearly doesn't have anything to do with space.
When I click instructions it just says "unable to process request, sorry, we are unable to process your request. Please try again" in the help app.
I'm running HP webOS 3.0.5 and I haven't got preware or anything on it as I like the Touchpad as it is.

Has anyone had this issue, do you know how to fix it?
Any help is much appreciated =D
Wilk34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/2013, 11:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

Your /var is probably full. Read these:
http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...gets-full.html
No Space Left: the real cause
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/2013, 12:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Thank you so much
This fixed the problem and I've been opened up to all the homebrew apps etc. Just had a quick browse on preware and didn't realise how much i was missing out on.
thanks again
Wilk34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2013, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

My var is cleaned out and I'm having the same problem.
I had to start daily rebooting again and when it starts up I get the update message and then the download failure etc. I can't even update in Preware.
shanpalm61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0