If you can’t find an application using App Catalog, try the following
• Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network (see Icons in the
• Close HP App Catalog, reopen HP App Catalog, and then try the
• On a computer, go to precentral.net. On precentral.net, do the
• Click the apps link at the top of the page and select App Gallery.
• Under App Catalog Apps, enter the name of the application, and
• Under Web Dist Apps, enter the app name and click Search.
• Under Beta apps, enter the app name and click Search.
• If you find the app, click the link Download Now - webOS Link
below the application image. When prompted, enter your mobile
phone number. Click Send to my phone. HP sends a text message
to your device with a link to the application in App Catalog. After
the text message arrives, tap the link.
•Go to the app developer’s website and confirm the app name
(including spelling) and that the app is available for webOS.
• If the app is not available for webOS, contact the developer to
find out if a webOS version will be available soon.
• If the app name you used in previous searches was not correct, go
to precentral.net and repeat the steps with the correct name and
spelling. If the app still doesn’t appear, the app is not currently
available for your device through the webOS distribution
channels. There are several reasons why this may occur. For
example, the app may not be compatible with your device model,
the app may not be supported in your region, or the app may be
a homebrew app. .
• Try looking for another app that provides similar features.