Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
  1.    #1  
    I was loading the kids in the car to take to daycare this morning. Sat my TouchPad (inside it's HP case) on the roof of the car. Forgot and drove off with it still up there.

Didn't realize until I got all the way to work that I didn't have it anymore. Traced my steps back and found it 1/2 a mile from home, languishing on the sides of the road like a dead skunk. The case was off to the right shoulder, lying in the gravel. The TouchPad was clear accross the two-lane road on the opposite shoulder completely face-planted on the frozen gravel.

Screen shattered. Corner that hit the asphalt, completely decimated. I get it to work and try the unthinkable - powering it on. Low and behold, that bad boy still powered up! Then, all geeked up by the power-up,

+ I proceed to try the touchscreen by punching in my passcode: Check!

+ Swipes and gestures: Check!

+ Notifications (an email actually came through while I was checking it over): Check!

Hey, it's beat to a pulp, but at least #1 Nobody else swiped it before I got back to it. #2 it still works. The moment I get home, I'm gonna perform the last test and see if it will still accept a charge from the TouchStone.

Now mind you, I'm still going to get a replacement one (assuming they're still out there brand new - 32GB). But it's nice being able to at least retreive unique data off of this device first.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    It looks fixable to me... -_-

lol

On the bright side Bill endorsed you on Linked In.
    Proud owner of a 16GB HP Touchpad since 10/26/2011!
    Proud PALM user since the Palm III in 2002
    Amazing. I'm probably the only one old enough to remember the old Timex commercials:

Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Amazing. I'm probably the only one old enough to remember the old Timex commercials:

I remember those commercials. Along with the Samsonite ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    I remember those commercials. Along with the Samsonite ones too.
    I grew up watching those too The OP's pictures do remind me of those commercials!

Not hardly!
    It's amazing how the LCD hasn't broke.
    Take time out to buy a lottery ticket...

It's your lucky day!!!!

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    xandros9 and treodoc755 like this.
    There are still a few on eBay ... hard as it is to believe this late in the game.
    I'm most amazed at the fact that you're still using WebOS. You are aware of this thing called Android that - even in beta status - is superior in every conceivable way, right?
    I'm most amazed at the fact that you are amazed at the fact people still use webOS. Some people don't like other mobile operating systems. I still don't find Android all that great. Let's not get started on this again, but I don't like the way Android handles multitasking, and there isn't an easy way to modify system apps unless you go pull a copy and recompile or something.
    Remy X and Traderhorn like this.
    I'm amazed that someone tries to hijack a thread about the durability of hardware with a dig about operating system choice.

I'm also amazed that someone else falls into the trap of responding to such blatant trolling

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I'm just surprised it wasn't one of our regular trolls. :|
    Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WrlsFanatic View Post
    I'm most amazed at the fact that you're still using WebOS. You are aware of this thing called Android that - even in beta status - is superior in every conceivable way, right?
    Everyone knows Android was **** until 4.0. I would never own any Android device that was any older then ics, but I think I'll stick with webOS because it still has better multitasking and Notification.

But seriously Renderhaus, that is amazing and how often do you hear these stories ending so well.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    jrb363 and cjstealth like this.
    Dont throw it away, keep for spare parts, Touchpad so rare need to hode all of them , at least yours is electonically ok and only case and outer screen damaged.
    Oh man that's pretty impressive.

I dub thee, TouchPad of the Apothcalypse!

Quote Originally Posted by rboerger View Post
    There are still a few on eBay ... hard as it is to believe this late in the game.
    Actually, a lot of even older devices are out there. For the past few years I got a couple even older devices online. My Tungsten T3 (acquired just a couple years ago) is coming on 10 years now
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    geekpeter likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    Oh man that's pretty impressive.

I dub thee, TouchPad of the Apothcalypse!

Actually, a lot of even older devices are out there. For the past few years I got a couple even older devices online. My Tungsten T3 (acquired just a couple years ago) is coming on 10 years now
    Cockroaches, Twinkies and Palm products
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    jkromero and xandros9 like this.

random pic, couldnt find a zombified tablet, but yeah thats 1 impressive device, you should mount it on your wall like how the tv program top gear mounted their indestructible hilux truck in their studio.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    xandros9 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast